Author Topic: Let Midwest know there is interest in a "Rat Nation"  (Read 16164 times)

Offline TEK

• Posts Too Much!
  • QUACK!
    • Tekka Maki Rodentry
Let Midwest know there is interest in a "Rat Nation"
« on: July 27, 2007, 03:50:28 PM »
Recently I dropped a line to Midwest cages and let them know how happy I was with my Ferret Nation for my boy rats, but how happy I would be if they would put out a "Rat Nation" that would be more conducive to the needs of female rats and made with rats in mind.  Well, I received this email back:

Hi:  Thanks for e-mailing and your interest in our products.  The decision to manufacture a Rat Nation has NOT been made as yet.  I will forward your e-mail to the department that makes those decisions to show that there's interest in a Rat Nation.

Best regards,
Brenda

So, what this means is Midwest should be shown that there is INDEED interest in developing this product!  Please use this link http://www.midwesthomes4pets.com/ContactUs/emailform.asp  to contact them and let them know your thoughts!

Providing Companions, Not Just Pets For More Than 8 years!
www.tekkarats.com
www.dogguide.net

Offline OdysseyDesign

• Posts Too Much!
  • Rattery Closed
Re: Let Midwest know there is interest in a "Rat Nation"
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 04:02:16 PM »
I emailed my encouragement!

Offline JR1030

• Forum Enabler
  • Posts Too Much!
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 04:20:39 PM »
Yup, I did that already, and got the same response.
~Rebecca

Offline Independence

• Donor
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 04:34:29 PM »
I think we are all getting that same response.  I got it, too!

Offline Saydrah

• Posts Too Much!
  • Rat Tongues Rule
    • Rizzle Rat Rattery
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2007, 02:18:25 AM »
I also sent a nice long note illustrating how many cages they would sell to rat lovers nationwide by designing a cage specifically for rats.
Rizzle Rat Rattery has NEWS! First litter planned for March 2009. See http://www.rizzlerats.com for details, or check the Adoptions forum!

Offline lucy

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2007, 02:38:51 AM »
It would be awesome if the RN would be interchangeable with the FN. 

Offline LoriV

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2007, 02:54:42 AM »
Oooh, that'd be perfect.  Small spacing for the RN so the wee ones can go in it, then open it up to both levels when they reach the size where they can't get through the FN bars.    I like that idea.

Offline Dearpie

• Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • When you're too open minded, brains fall out!
    • Dearpie Hammocks
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2007, 05:49:22 PM »
Are some of you including pictures with all the necessary modifications?  Maybe that would be more encouraging to them too?  You could mention how you LOVE the layout of the cage, but you 'honestly'*cough* can't recommend it to your friends, due to the modifications you HAVE to do for female and younger rats!  Hit them where it will hurt, NO REFERRALS!   :cheeky:

Offline JR1030

• Forum Enabler
  • Posts Too Much!
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2007, 09:37:13 AM »
Are some of you including pictures with all the necessary modifications?  Maybe that would be more encouraging to them too?  You could mention how you LOVE the layout of the cage, but you 'honestly'*cough* can't recommend it to your friends, due to the modifications you HAVE to do for female and younger rats!  Hit them where it will hurt, NO REFERRALS!   :cheeky:

Ooh, you're sneaky!   :evil6:  I did mention in my e-mail that my FN was fine for my big boys now, but I had concerns for the future when I might have babies or little females.
~Rebecca

Offline Tori

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2007, 07:22:55 PM »
done

Offline Happy-RAT

• Welcome, Vampires, into my lair.
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2007, 03:11:55 AM »
I sent in my RN request.
http:vampireswelcomed.blogspot.com

Offline kalijo

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2007, 05:26:52 AM »
I sent one too....

The only thing i want changed is bar spacing, and maybe even color choices....  ;D.... Has anyone sent pics of their FN's with all the liners and hammocks (*cough cough SOA cough cough*)? That might be convincing. I love all of those FNs on the 'everybody post your FNs here' thread!!!

Offline Independence

• Donor
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2007, 05:59:26 AM »
When I sent in my request, I pointed them in the direction of Rats Rule.  Hopefully, reading it for themselves will help them to understand.

Offline Melissa82

• Imma get jou!
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2007, 09:38:51 AM »
I got 2 replies from the same woman with the same message as everyoen else.

Offline RattieLove_84

« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2007, 10:16:35 AM »
I sent an email too!!!  :BlueDumboSmile:

Offline kalijo

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2007, 04:46:01 PM »
aw man... i got the same reply... i was really hoping they were gonna have a RN. (do you know how much money they would make from everyone on this forum!)

PS... i found a really good deal on a FN 142... and i think im gonna get it for my *2* boys...hehe.

Offline jorats

• Posts Too Much!
  • There are rats in my house.
    • The Rat Shack
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2007, 08:49:32 PM »
I sent in my email, told them I'd be one of the first ones to buy it. lol
Joanne
The Rat Shack

Until there's none... rescue one.

Offline Luvaboston

• "Goober"
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2007, 09:40:53 PM »
I sent in my request.  Oh, and I am so excited, I just got the FN 142 for 4 little boys I am getting next week.  They are about 8 weeks old and cute as buttons.  Just to let you know, if you go to Ferret.com and print out the page showing their price and take it to your local Petsmart, they will price match it for you.  I did that for mine.  Petsmart wanted $220-$230 and I brought them the print out for $154.00 and they sold it to me for that price!   :hyper:  Now, I will be getting all the fixins for the cage to get it ready for the little cutties.  One is a top ear and the other 3 are dumbo's.  I will post pictures when I get them.  See ya later.... :wave2:
Gina<br />"RattyMom"

Offline JR1030

• Forum Enabler
  • Posts Too Much!
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2007, 10:10:14 PM »
Gina, you'll have to cover all the bars with hardware cloth or something with smaller spacing.  Those babies can easily get through the FN bars.  ;)
~Rebecca

Offline rattiesaremylife

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2007, 10:26:48 PM »
I e-mailed them. This was a good idea!!
It takes a minute to like a rat, a day to love a rat, but a lifetime to forget a rat!

Offline Sweet Whispers Rattery

• Posts Too Much!
    • Sweet Whispers Rattery
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2007, 10:27:25 PM »
I'm going to contact them once again. I talked to the VP of New Products a month ago and said about it coming out in Aug. but since you've said they haven't made the decision yet I think we should all flood in our Rat Nation requests.

Offline Luvaboston

• "Goober"
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2007, 10:28:01 PM »
Hi Rebecca,  Thanks for letting me know  :doh:.  What is hardware cloth  :help:?  I figure, maybe I can keep them in what ever they are in now until they are big enough?  How old do you think they need to be?  

Gina
Gina<br />"RattyMom"

Offline JR1030

• Forum Enabler
  • Posts Too Much!
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2007, 10:43:18 PM »
Hi Rebecca,  Thanks for letting me know  :doh:.  What is hardware cloth  :help:?  I figure, maybe I can keep them in what ever they are in now until they are big enough?  How old do you think they need to be?  

Gina

Hmmm...maybe 4 or 6 months?  Depends on how fast they grow.  Since they're boys, they'll be able to live in there eventually, I'm sure.  There's a good thread on modifying an FN for smaller rats.
http://www.goosemoose.com/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,118/forum,rat/topic,4021985.0

I think this is why we're all so excited about the prospect of a Rat Nation.  :hyper:
~Rebecca

Offline Luvaboston

• "Goober"
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2007, 10:59:04 PM »
Oh yeah, I see what the hardware cloth is.  Thanks for the link, I just went there and I will have to do that so I can put my babies right in my FN.  Yeah, I am surprised they haven't made a Rat Nation yet.  It will be a shame though for everyone that already bought the Ferret Nation, but then we will just have to modify them.  Thanks for the ideas, gives me some things to have to take care of before the little guys get home  :wink5:.  Oh, by the way, I saw the post to Amanda, you will be meeting her Sunday....Thanks again for that.  I can't thank you enough  :bow:  :bow:.

Gina
Gina<br />"RattyMom"