Author Topic: Avacado? Feathers?  (Read 4297 times)

Offline bug.dragon

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
  • To a loving rat you are the world
Avacado? Feathers?
« on: August 27, 2007, 01:08:20 PM »
Is avacado ok for buns to eat? I ask b/c I fix up a few slices for my rat babies every few days or so and put some olive oil on it for their caots. They LOVE it, and the whole time my bun bun just sits on his haunches, front feet crossed, looking at me with VERY inquisitive eyes...If I could give him an avacado treat too that would be VERY nice since I like to spoil my pets...I looked on the list but I didn't see anything pertaining to avacados and if they were ok or bad for buns.
Also (slight change of subject), is it ok for my bun bun to play with my rat's feather toy? It just a bunch of feathers on the end of a stick (one of those cat toys you can get for 3$) he seems to enjoy chasing it, but I then thought that he might get sick were he to get a piece of feather in his tummy.
Here's a video of him playing (sometimes you can see it, sometimes you can't):
http://youtube.com/watch?v=fYa3tz5GTXI
A well-balanced person has a rat on each shoulder.
<:3 )~~ RIP Stella Baby and my other ratlets<:3*)~~

Pet's name: Nolita
Adopted by: Jill

Adopt your own![/URL

Offline vintagerat

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Avacado? Feathers?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 10:39:46 AM »
Never feed your rabbit avocados.

A craisin (dried cranberry), cheerio, or fresh piece of fruit or veggie will do just find as a treat. Just make sure that the veggie is on the "rabbit safe food list" and you rinse the veggie or fruit in water before giving it to your bunbun  :).

EDIT TO ADD: I don't see a problem with the feather toy, as long as the bun isn't eating it  :P.