Author Topic: Spotted a domestic rabbit running loose  (Read 24442 times)

Offline Poppyseed

• Posts Too Much!
Spotted a domestic rabbit running loose
« on: October 15, 2007, 10:04:39 PM »
I was just doing laundry at my apartment complex when I spotted a small white and black rabbit running away from me once he saw me on the sidewalk. I went looking for him, with some carrots but didn't spot him. I asked some people who were hanging out if they saw him but they said no. They also didn't speak English though ):

What should I do? He ran after seeing me from quite a distance, I hardly got the chance to even attempt to catch him in a gentle voice ): Is there some place I should call? I don't want him getting ran over and starved to death. I bet someone brought him, realised they didn't make good pets and let him loose ):

Offline JR1030

• Forum Enabler
  • Posts Too Much!
Re: Spotted a domestic rabbit running loose
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 10:40:28 PM »
See if you can borrow a havahart trap from animal control, and set in in the area where you saw him.  And hopefully, nobody will steal the trap. :P
~Rebecca

Offline Poppyseed

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 11:29:03 PM »
And yeah, by didn't make good pets I didn't mean rabbits weren't good pets. I think they are awesome pets, but they take special knowledge and care many that buy a bunny that isn't how they want it don't really work at working with the bunny. So I suppose I can say they weren't the pet they thought they would be? Or maybe the person was just stupid and lazy (actually the person was most definitely stupid and lazy). Sorry for the horrible wording there.

That's a good idea. I will try to call animal control in the morning. Luckily I saw him right in front of my patio, and he ran to one of the neighbors patios but couldn't be found (it's dark and I hate looking in people's yards too much at night so I tried to be as discreet as possible)

Offline JR1030

• Forum Enabler
  • Posts Too Much!
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 08:19:07 AM »
What, you don't want to be caught lurking in your neighbors bushes in the middle of the night?  :cheeky:  I understood what you meant -- that the people decided a rabbit wasn't the right pet for them.  I don't think anyone would really think you meant rabbits aren't good pets at all.  It's possible the little bunny simply escaped by accident from someone's house, but then you'd think there would be some flyers or something posted.  I hope you can catch the little guy (or girl).
~Rebecca

Offline Poppyseed

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 06:32:26 PM »
I haven't seen him or caught him ): I hope he's alright wherever he is.

Offline fluffy pluffy

• Posts Too Much!
  • Proud pet nerd.
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2007, 09:00:53 PM »
I haven't seen him or caught him ): I hope he's alright wherever he is.
I'm sure the little guy will be fine. ;)As long as the whether is good anyways.Besides,as long as he(or she) has dirt to dig in,during cold days,it can go in there.Many animals live on their own,and they survive.   :)
((Dragons are magically hidden within words below. o: ))

-->Magic Blue Words<--