Author Topic: *3*Baby girls - they made it home!  (Read 5701 times)

Offline Topaz

• Posts Too Much!
Thanks for the compliments, ratty_pack. Are you sure you don't want some spunky babies?  :cheeky:

I'm going to try and get some new pictures of them tonight, as they no longer look like pudgy babies, but more like young ladies now. (a bit more slender, sleeker bodies with the tiniest pot bellies  ;D )

Offline robinb

Topaz, my compliments to you on raising amazing, amazing babies.
I have to attest to this from first hand.  I ended up adopting a second girl from Topaz because the first one was sooo darn cute and friendly (and my line on a neutered male was taking WAY too long).  The silver cast to the coat is really very pretty ... these girls are not ordinary black and whites.  The person who adopts your last couple of rats will get some very nice girls!
-- Robin

Offline FourthWand

Re: Pictures!
« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2007, 09:01:23 PM »
Oooh, share!
Zombie Apocalypse Weapon of Choice = Lightsaber

Offline Topaz

• Posts Too Much!
All three girls are on HOLD for Fourth Wand! Thanks!!!

(please keep this thread open, just in case she suddenly can't take them.)

Offline FourthWand

Re: On hold, and awaiting transport
« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2007, 04:58:24 PM »
(why do I feel like I just dusted the ratties with Geek Powder? "Awaiting Transport" sounds like a Star Trek command, that's what concerns me...)
My partner asked if we could make a sign above the boys' black hammock that says, "Hammock of Invisibility +3" but I forbade that kind of geek talk around the furballs... I don't want them to know their parents are nerds!  :eek:  We're looking at upcoming schedules and trying to decide when the best time to take the drive will be, and how far we can afford to go.
So I told the boys they would be getting some friends to sniff, and that they'd have to share their room (not cages!) with a few girls. Not one of them turned their nose up and said, "Oooh, no; cooties!!", so I think the entire family's on board for the adoption.  ;D  We're going to look into purchasing either a Ferret Nation or Martin's cage as an early "us" Christmas present.. I'll let you know if we decide anything before picking up your ladies. Thank you so much for these little gifts of furry girls!

Offline Topaz

• Posts Too Much!
Just email me and let me know when you know dates, time, and how far you can go.  If you can't make it all the way, the sooner you know the better so we can create a rattie train of some sorts.

p.s. I'm a trekkie, and my furkids know it  :BlueDumboSmileTongue:

Offline Topaz

• Posts Too Much!
these girls have made their trek to their new home.  :heart:

Offline FourthWand

Re: *3*Baby girls - they made it home!
« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2007, 10:43:31 PM »
And they are crawling all over me as we speak. A friend has suggested naming the wee hoodie "Red" (ah... cleverness!) and one of the berks grooms me every time I mention the word "shoe", so that might become her name. If I can get one of them name-trained, then I'll be able to tell 'em apart. ;)
More info and pics to come; thanks, 'Paz, for holding onto them girlies for so long. It's good to have them home!