Author Topic: Vertical Bars.  (Read 1323 times)

Offline Ratti

Vertical Bars.
« on: September 20, 2007, 09:47:22 AM »
Does this prevent your ratties from climbing about around the cage like they do with horizontal bars, I have recently purchased a large cage with vertical bars but my rat is still too small for it but he has such a fun time with his horizontal bars I am thinking of taking the new one back for a different type.
What are your thoughts about this.. 
Tofu & Burrito R.I.P My beautiful boys...

Offline Dark_Rogue

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Vertical Bars.
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 10:57:11 AM »
Nope. They'll be fine. Especially if you have girls or smaller boys. I haven't seen my big boys try it, but I know everybody else climbs them just fine.
Happy slave to 11 rats, a hyperactive Jack Russell and a corn snake

Offline Pamnangel

• Posts Too Much!
  • Stand for something or you stand for nothing!
    • Pam's Petsitting
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 12:55:58 PM »
It's fun to watch my boys climb the vertical bars, then slide back down.   :BlueDumboSmile:
Pam
Pam's Petsitting
AuntiePamsPantry/Etsy
ElderRat Care Center
Roseville, CA

Offline Ratti

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 01:23:49 PM »
Well I took it back anyway I was worried my rats would chew the parts (3 plastic levels) and have ordererd a 1 story FN which also has vertical bars.  Burrito was the runt of the litter I thought that was great at first but now I want him to catch up a bit to his brother who will probably beable to fit into a bigger cage soon.. 

I think they might like to be little firemen and slide down the poles.. hehe...

Offline italianqt

• Posts Too Much!
  • Gennaro's hungry!
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 01:40:57 PM »
Haahhaha I never thought of them being like firemen but I like that comparison! That's what my boys look like on the FN bars! It's so cute.
The kittehs: Fia and Nice Kitty.

Offline Ratti

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 01:59:10 PM »
I'm going to scream!!  I'll save the details but i'm no longer getting the FN one story I'm getting Feisty Ferret by Prevue..  Either way...  Firemen..  haha....
Trying to deal with PetValu in Canada they are very helpful but my ratti emotions are being played with!!!

Offline Messorius

• Messorius Art and Sundries Co.
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2007, 02:05:35 PM »
I'm going to scream!!  I'll save the details but i'm no longer getting the FN one story I'm getting Feisty Ferret by Prevue..  Either way...  Firemen..  haha....
Trying to deal with PetValu in Canada they are very helpful but my ratti emotions are being played with!!!

Yup!  Monkeys going up, firemen coming down.   :BlueDumboSmileTongue: