Author Topic: (*&^%^ LABELS!!! How to remove??  (Read 1108 times)

Offline pawsplus

• Blue Heron Farm
(*&^%^ LABELS!!! How to remove??
« on: September 20, 2007, 11:36:28 AM »
I swear, I don't know what companies are THINKING when they put these HUGE labels on plastic items that are essentially impossible to remove without nuclear weapons.  :doh:  Like this:

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=6067+15323+17016&pcatid=17016

I have a corner litterbox and right now it looks like C*** b/c I peeled off as much label as I could and then soaked it in hot water and scrubbed at it w/ a scrubby sponge, and so now there is nasty sticky white stuff all over it where the label used to be.

I have also tried nail polish remover.

Any ideas??? How do I get this stuff off?? and what is WRONG w/ companies when they make a $6 litterbox take this much out of a person??   >:(
Elizabeth, Jake and Joey
Visit my website

Offline Dark_Rogue

• Posts Too Much!
Re: (*&^%^ LABELS!!! How to remove??
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 11:59:40 AM »
I need to know this, too. I just bought those same litterpans and I couldn't get the labels off, either:( About the only way I got as much as I did off was to scratch it with a sharp blade. Course, it started to make grooves in the plastic, so I quit.
Happy slave to 11 rats, a hyperactive Jack Russell and a corn snake

Offline italianqt

• Posts Too Much!
  • Gennaro's hungry!
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 12:57:32 PM »
Goo Gone! Let it soak awhile, and then bam, take it off no problem. I did this with one of my litterboxes, not both. So one is perfect (well, as perfect as something that gets pooped in regularly can be :confused: ) and the other has parts of the paper peeled off.
The kittehs: Fia and Nice Kitty.

Offline Dayne

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 02:00:55 PM »
I agree with italianqt, Goo Gone is the thing to use. You can find it at target, walmart, just about any store like that. It's orange in color and very inexpensive. It does leave a residue though so be very sure to rinse very very very well, and then rinse some more. It has citrus in it and if you've ever used a citrus cleaner you know the residue I'm talking about that is left over.

Offline LastEchoes

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 02:03:09 PM »
I feel your pain!! Who's bright idea was it to stick those labels there and in such glue that it's impossible to remove! I say we all collectively pick a company(like those litter pans) and complain! lol  :yelcutelaugh:
My Zoo:
1 Cat
1 Parrot
6 Rats
2 Snakes
1 Scorpion

Offline Messorius

• Messorius Art and Sundries Co.
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 02:04:07 PM »
I've used rubbing alcohol with very good success.  I've even gotten labels off of paper boxes with it.

Offline Poppyseed

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2007, 10:57:26 PM »
We sell something called stick-eaze (or spelled differently perhaps?) at my work. We use it on all of our stuck stickers we want removed. It's all natural and works quite well. It is citrus based though so you want to make sure it's really washed off afterwards.

Offline Independence

• Donor
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2007, 11:47:10 PM »
I've had good luck with WD-40

Offline italianqt

• Posts Too Much!
  • Gennaro's hungry!
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2007, 11:48:04 PM »
I've had good luck with WD-40
Yet ANOTHER thing you can do with that stuff! Haha!
The kittehs: Fia and Nice Kitty.

Offline Lise

• Posts Too Much!
  • Animal Crazed
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2007, 09:42:33 AM »
I found they eventually just kinda 'melt' off if you are washing them in hot soapy water every week.
|| Lise ||

The Boy: Simon  The Girls: Arizona | Karma | Pepper | Penelope 

& Always Remembered: Molly, Nora, Tevy, Lucy, Guinness, Seagram, Pixie, Cleopatra, Skye, Bella, Juno, Sasha, Gibson

Offline bug.dragon

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
  • To a loving rat you are the world
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2007, 12:33:26 PM »
just soak it for an hour or two in VERY sudsy water (preferably dawn soap) and run it throught the dishwasher...that should do it if the dishwasher alone doesn't
A well-balanced person has a rat on each shoulder.
<:3 )~~ RIP Stella Baby and my other ratlets<:3*)~~

Pet's name: Nolita
Adopted by: Jill

Adopt your own![/URL

Offline pawsplus

• Blue Heron Farm
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2007, 12:42:17 PM »
I've tried WD-40, long soaks in soapy water, and pretty much everything else except goo-gone before.  None worked.  I'll get goo-gone.

But again, THIS SHOULD NOT BE FREAKIN' NECESSARY!!!!  There ARE stickers that just peel off, leaving no residue.  If they MUST put stickers on, they should use THOSE!   >:(
Elizabeth, Jake and Joey
Visit my website

Offline Scubbs

• Posts Too Much!
  • Pick the adoption option!
    • Chelsey's Cozies
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2007, 01:38:28 PM »
I always use lighter fluid.  It's extremely cheap, and only takes a couple minutes to soak into the sticker(s) before you can take them right off without any problems.
  <~~ Add Chelsey's Cozies on Facebook!  :)

Offline mandycoot

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2007, 01:45:51 PM »
Yup, Goo-Gone = my best friend.

Offline Dayne

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2007, 01:48:54 PM »
I saw some small trial sized bottles of Goo Gone yesterday at Office Depot, they were up by the registers mixed in with all their impulse items.  :thumbsup2:

Offline pinkie1205

• Posts Too Much!
  • Jack says you don't need thumbs.
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2007, 01:53:03 AM »
My grandma always told me that lemon juice can get off stuff like that but I think it would be easier to just use goo gone.

I also hate the fact that they have to put stickers on plastic items.  I always hated how the sticker on my igloo got all nasty because some of it was still there and the rats would pee all over it.
It's all just bricks in the wall

Offline DorseyClairebelle

• Posts Too Much!
  • Clairezabobber
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2007, 05:27:16 PM »
UGH, I know, I have the exact same litter pan and it's still sticky and looks gross. I'll try what some of these smart people have suggested!   :bow:
Owned by Astrid  :duckie: Ro(a)ry :happy7:  Nolan :toothy11:  LuLu :binkybaby: and Scallion :snorting:  and Alba :director:.
                                                RIP darlings Clairebelle :love10: Guin :cat:  Dorsey :book1:  Alba :director: and Abdi :icon_cat: