Author Topic: Just have to Share  (Read 980 times)

Offline ..Shea..

• Posts Too Much!
  • Love a Rat
Just have to Share
« on: September 30, 2007, 01:18:48 AM »
I had to share this great deal I got on a HUGE cage. It's huge for 2 female rats at least....The dimensions are 18'' x 36'' x 45''. Although the bar spacing is too big for Luna (I'm going to have to cover it in wire mesh or wait until Luna gets bigger) it works wonderfully for Snuffles. Snuffles is a little lost and unsure of what to think. She loves to climb all over it though.  :heart:

The lady whom I got it from off Craigslist was really nice. She threw in a lot of extra things including 2 water bottles, a cuddle cup, 3 hammocks, 2 fleece blankets, 1 large litter pan, 1 bonding/carrying backpack thing (hanging in the upper right hand corner of the cage picture), 2 tupperware things of chopped dried fruits, pet supply catalogs, and a rat/ferret leash. All for $55. The cage alone was $149.00 (price tag was still on it)

Pets name:Maggie

Offline mandycoot

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Just have to Share
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 01:51:02 AM »
How cool! Looks like you got a great deal and I'll bet Luna will love it once she's in the modded cage! :D

Offline jorats

• Posts Too Much!
  • There are rats in my house.
    • The Rat Shack
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2007, 10:54:38 AM »
Wow! That is a wonderful deal! Your girls must think they are in heaven.  :hyper:
Joanne
The Rat Shack

Until there's none... rescue one.

Offline Ratti

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2007, 01:37:25 PM »
I bet they love it my rats miss climbing on their horizontal bars  :BlueDumboBigEyes:
Tofu & Burrito R.I.P My beautiful boys...

Offline Willard

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2007, 10:39:59 PM »
Nice deal.  I got the identical cage but without any ramps or shelves at the local animal expo last year for $15.  I still go to that show often looking for a similar deal but never found one quite that good again. 

It's a nice big cage, I keep my males in there, 5 big males currently but it can hold 6 comfortably with enough added shelves.

Offline ..Shea..

• Posts Too Much!
  • Love a Rat
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 02:03:52 AM »
I love the size of it. It's awesome. Snuffles loves it too. But I don't think she knows what to do with herself.
I think I'm coming down with GMMR... :yelcutelaugh:
I would love to get a third and fourth girl...

Pets name:Maggie

Offline Dori

• Forum Enabler
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Me and my best guy!
    • Safe Haven Humane Society
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 11:29:13 AM »
I have that same cage and I love it! Your ratties will love it too!

Offline blueorchid

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2007, 12:35:25 PM »
I have the same cage as well, although mine has one or two more shelves. Mine is wrapped in hardware cloth as well since the bar spacing is so wide. Wombat lived in it alone for the first year and now she has three friends with her. Miley, Roo and Armadillo. We call it the ratty mansion.

Lisa
Frodo, Mowlgi, Maisy and Tucker