Author Topic: I need a cat tree  (Read 12502 times)

Offline lycanandselenesmom

• Posts Too Much!
  • "Who need kids when you have rats?"
I need a cat tree
« on: October 15, 2007, 11:44:09 AM »
Ok so I have 2 girl cats and I just got a kitten.  From taking him to the vets and getting him what he needs I am broke. I am looking for a tall cat tree fairly cheap or free. I don't really car what shape it is in. I am in Maryland if anyone can help me out.
Lycan and Selene's Mommy. Life would be so dull without them.
Ratties:
RIP Lycan 11-4-06, Selene, Pistachio,(Stash),Skittles
Kitties:
Calisto Anne, Orangin and Spooky

Offline 4JerseyGirl

• Posts Too Much!
  • Pawprinted
Re: I need a cat tree
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 02:28:32 PM »
Go to Wal-Mart.  The ones around where I am sell a cat tree that is on a tension rod... it goes from floor to ceiling and has four platforms on it.  And it's only like 35 dollars... it was ideal for my place because I needed something tall and skinny in my apartment, not wide.

Offline heidinratties

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 02:31:20 PM »
I found one recently on craigslist near me, Massachusetts, for $20.
3 male rats. 1 male hamster. 2 female cats.  1 boyfriend.

Offline forkyfork

• Posts Too Much!
    • DANANI
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 06:55:25 PM »
DONT BUY THE ONES AT WALMART. DONT USE ONE WITH BERBER EITHER the cat can pull a leg or claw out or possibly choke.

Over the years Ive had 3 from walmart, they lasted a very long time until the cats completely shredded all the carpet and when we moved we pitched them.

In the past month I have tried 2 others from walmart. The exact same cheapo 4 level ones I have bought before.

They are complete pieces of crap and if my safety clueless husband thinks they are potential cat killers then Im sure they are.

The parts that bolt together crack and pull from the tubes. The way my cats tear up and down the trees it would have lasted about 5 minutes before coming crashing down on one of them.

I emailed the crappy company and called with no response.  Im entertaining getting some sort of legal thing together because I dont want someone elses cat hurt.

Good luck on finding something else. Those fuzz covered ones they sell now would last maybe a week at my house. They have to be carpet or sisal on the whole thing.  :(

Offline Auntie Crazy

• Posts Too Much!
  • How could you NOT love those furry little faces?
    • CatCentric.org
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009, 08:30:50 PM »
I know you wanted something that didn't cost too much, but Armakat trees are well worth the money paid for them. And amazon.com is having a huge discount sale on all their Armakat trees. I own two and I highly recommend them.

Maybe this one will work for you?

http://www.amazon.com/B5701-Ivory-Fleece-Furniture-Tower/dp/B000H3YBS2/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1233710418&sr=8-6

Here's one of mine. As you can see, the cats love this tree.

Good luck!
AC's Crew: Allen, Rachel, Meghan, Spencer, Heather & Ralph

CatCentric.org: A raw feeding, feline nutrition, health and general cat care blog, article and resource site.