Author Topic: Rat Nation Update  (Read 84433 times)

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
  • My name is Grace, not Penny! ;)
Re: Rat Nation Update
« Reply #525 on: December 10, 2008, 04:17:03 PM »
I want, I want!!
I need one of these! I recently got SO much stuff (http://www.goosemoose.com/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,118/forum,rat/topic,4047193.msg4482330/,#new) And I need a bigger cage for it all ^^
I am ratless. Someday I will own rats again.

Rats across the Bridge: Penny, Heidi, Jerry, Teddy, Lucy, Sophie, Silhouette, Jupiter, Ozy, and Rorschach. I love you all and hope we will someday meet again. :heart:

Offline menagerie

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #526 on: December 10, 2008, 04:47:20 PM »
All of the cages are drop shipped from Midwest no matter where you order them from on-line. The cost would be a lot more if Midwest shipped to the on-line location and then they shipped to you.
If you have knowledge, let others light their candles in it.  ~ Margaret Fuller

Offline NillaWafers

• My blog
« Reply #527 on: December 10, 2008, 06:54:33 PM »
Oh man I really want this cage. I bought a 100 dollar (as high as the RN would be) cage on ebay about 2 years ago. That cage is VERY hard to clean and is very flimsy. Too bad (haha) I'm getting married or I'd totally blow my savings on a CN.

Offline cerulean.blue

• Posts Too Much!
  • I'm up and dressed... What more do you want?
« Reply #528 on: December 10, 2008, 08:26:43 PM »
:confused1: With what people have been saying about ferret.com and allpetfurniture, I think I'll pay the extra $5 and buy from ForHappyDogs. Hopefully I'll get to order mine soon, so I can have my Christmas present early. :D

Except that on ForHappyDogs.com doesn't seem to have them.  You can click on the cage but you can not add to cart.  I have to assume that they are out of stock or something.

Hmm... yeah they're probably just out of stock for now. When I get to ready to order, I'll email them if you still can't seem to add it to your cart.

Offline JuliesZoo74

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #529 on: December 10, 2008, 09:31:30 PM »
:confused1: With what people have been saying about ferret.com and allpetfurniture, I think I'll pay the extra $5 and buy from ForHappyDogs. Hopefully I'll get to order mine soon, so I can have my Christmas present early. :D

Except that on ForHappyDogs.com doesn't seem to have them.  You can click on the cage but you can not add to cart.  I have to assume that they are out of stock or something.

Hmm... yeah they're probably just out of stock for now. When I get to ready to order, I'll email them if you still can't seem to add it to your cart.

I emailed them already and got an answer back right away (great costumer service)  They said that they were only given a small amount and they have a message into Midwest to find out when they can get more!

Offline morgan714

• You are the cheese to my macoroni
« Reply #530 on: December 11, 2008, 06:44:40 PM »
Does anybody know of a website where they are in stock??  I can't seem to find one! ):  I looked in my local petsmart, but they didn't have any...  Actually, they didn't even know what I was talking about!   :help:

Offline DANIxAWESOME

« Reply #531 on: December 11, 2008, 06:51:16 PM »
Did you check petsmart online?
They have it on their website...does petsmart do an order online, and then ppick it up at your local petsmart deal?
Or do they only do shipping to your home?

Offline morgan714

• You are the cheese to my macoroni
« Reply #532 on: December 11, 2008, 06:53:04 PM »
I checked petsmart online... They are currently out of stock  :doh:

Offline monkey7

• Posts Too Much!
    • Monkey's Corner
« Reply #533 on: December 11, 2008, 07:54:39 PM »
I checked petsmart online... They are currently out of stock  :doh:

I ordered mine off of allpetfurniture.com and it is expected to be her between the 17th and 23th of this month.  It is also cheaper then petsmart and free shipping.  :)

Offline cerulean.blue

• Posts Too Much!
  • I'm up and dressed... What more do you want?
« Reply #534 on: December 11, 2008, 09:54:37 PM »

I emailed them already and got an answer back right away (great costumer service)  They said that they were only given a small amount and they have a message into Midwest to find out when they can get more!

Great! I hope they get more in soon!

Offline gesticulator

• Posts Too Much!
  • Terri Claire
« Reply #535 on: December 11, 2008, 10:43:08 PM »
Well, I received mine this evening, and it is not a positive experience. After opening the beat up, soaking wet box, all still seemed ok, except for a cracked shelf liner (no biggie). After I carried it downstairs piece by piece and started sorting the parts, I noticed that the finish was chipped on one panel. (still no biggie). Another was smashed where the connector was. (now I'm upset). As I examined each and every piece, not one was perfect. All them had several parts where the paint was peeling off. All the plastic was lined with the flecks of the "grey hammertone finish". I called Midwest, but got their voicemail.
All Pet Furniture seemed very willing to take care of things, and asked me to send an email to their service dept and include pictures. They also asked me not to contact Midwest since it was best if they handled it.
So.....Saturday I am meeting Heatherama to sell her my FN, and I have another boy coming home after his neuter. I tried splitting up my 8 boys in two smaller cages, but that would still leave nowhere to put Hershey while his hormones level off. I decided to put together the CN as a single unit and just use it for the time being. I'll clean it out well, should they want it back.
I am wondering if the coating on the cage is just not durable enough to withstand daily use...like will it chip from the doors opening and closing? Other wise, the cage seems sturdy, and it is easier to put together than the FN. I just hope they rectify this to my satisfaction. At this point, I will only accept a full replacement, or a refund.
Add that to the fact that is raining INSIDE my house after paying 2 grand to have my rof fixed, and it wasn't such a good night. Had to vent so I could go to sleep.
*Flash*Panda*Dotty*Mushroom*Nanuk*

Offline Heatherama

• Posts Too Much!
  • Empty
« Reply #536 on: December 11, 2008, 10:49:08 PM »
Well, I received mine this evening, and it is not a positive experience. After opening the beat up, soaking wet box, all still seemed ok, except for a cracked shelf liner (no biggie). After I carried it downstairs piece by piece and started sorting the parts, I noticed that the finish was chipped on one panel. (still no biggie). Another was smashed where the connector was. (now I'm upset). As I examined each and every piece, not one was perfect. All them had several parts where the paint was peeling off. All the plastic was lined with the flecks of the "grey hammertone finish". I called Midwest, but got their voicemail.
All Pet Furniture seemed very willing to take care of things, and asked me to send an email to their service dept and include pictures. They also asked me not to contact Midwest since it was best if they handled it.
So.....Saturday I am meeting Heatherama to sell her my FN, and I have another boy coming home after his neuter. I tried splitting up my 8 boys in two smaller cages, but that would still leave nowhere to put Hershey while his hormones level off. I decided to put together the CN as a single unit and just use it for the time being. I'll clean it out well, should they want it back.
I am wondering if the coating on the cage is just not durable enough to withstand daily use...like will it chip from the doors opening and closing? Other wise, the cage seems sturdy, and it is easier to put together than the FN. I just hope they rectify this to my satisfaction. At this point, I will only accept a full replacement, or a refund.
Add that to the fact that is raining INSIDE my house after paying 2 grand to have my rof fixed, and it wasn't such a good night. Had to vent so I could go to sleep.

Oh my what a fiasco!  If you need that FN still just say the word.  It is yours afterall.   :cheeky:
"...Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned... ~ Tyler"

Offline whtnyte

• Posts Too Much!
    • My rats have stolen my heart!!! Pocket Pets Group
« Reply #537 on: December 12, 2008, 06:07:53 AM »
What *IS* it with this topic that it just WILL not go away?
For months I keep seeing this thing pop up in my "Show new replies to your posts"
I've deleted every notification for every topic I'm not currently following, I've come into this topic and turned off notification.
And it STILL pops up every couple of hours!
Aside from goosemoose failing to remove me from the notification...
What IS it with this topic that some one has to post in it every freakin' hour????
ARGH! It's the topic from hell, designed to drive me insane!
Reed & The Sillies.
"A rattie is a big heart and spirit wrapped up in a little furry body... it is in inspiring our love and laughter that their true size is revealed..."

Offline gesticulator

• Posts Too Much!
  • Terri Claire
« Reply #538 on: December 12, 2008, 07:05:40 AM »
Oh my what a fiasco!  If you need that FN still just say the word.  It is yours afterall.   :cheeky:

No, not at all Heather. I am using the cage as a single unit for now, but thanks for the offer. We are still on for tomorrow.

PS...let me know if you would like to do lunch too.....
*Flash*Panda*Dotty*Mushroom*Nanuk*

Offline Heatherama

• Posts Too Much!
  • Empty
« Reply #539 on: December 16, 2008, 06:26:40 PM »
Just ordered one from StudentMarket.com.  Price for the 162 double was $239.99.  That's the total price, shipping is free.  They have a pretty good return policy and a decent price, that's why I went there.  Plus they have it in stock.  I've read so many horror stories about allpetfurniture and happydogs, so I thought I'd try somewhere else.  I'll let you know how it goes.....
"...Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned... ~ Tyler"