Author Topic: Please post your Feisty Ferret cage pictures!  (Read 77518 times)

Offline critterchic

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Please post your Feisty Ferret cage pictures!
« Reply #100 on: July 08, 2009, 02:06:35 AM »
Bravo and Baby's cage this week, the fleece on the shelves makes a huge difference. I did take some dirty cage pictures to post on another thread.  Maybe tomorrow.

Coco and Captain's FN actually has this same theme.
Beach fabric...

"This is the beginning of a new day.You have been given this day to use as you will. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it.When tomorrow comes,this day will be gone forever; in it's place is something that you have left behind, let it be something good."

Offline London

• Ritten
« Reply #101 on: July 09, 2009, 10:50:59 PM »
How do you guys attach the liners? Do you cut them like mats or are they hooked on somehow :help:

Offline critterchic

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #102 on: July 10, 2009, 12:01:38 AM »
The "floor" liners are attached with safety pins at the corners, the shelf liners have elastic underneath the shelf to hold it in place. Hope that helps.
"This is the beginning of a new day.You have been given this day to use as you will. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it.When tomorrow comes,this day will be gone forever; in it's place is something that you have left behind, let it be something good."

Offline Wheeljack

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #103 on: July 20, 2009, 10:33:22 PM »
Thought I'd post some recent pics after cleaning out this evil thing.  I wish I knew why their product development group thought having only one door open was a good idea  :doh:

I currently have 3 spayed girls living in this cage because they can't be trusted to act like civilized folks in the FN with the boys.

top:

bottom:

Toki launching herself out of her hammock to find something to destroy:

Offline mcfate

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #104 on: July 20, 2009, 11:13:14 PM »
I think you posted about Toki before.....wow she does look like she is on a seek and destroy mission.  My boy rats hardly chew things....they do burrow under things though.

Offline Chunky

RIP Boo, Ben, Skittles, Noodles and Baby
Much Love

Offline saddiedog

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #106 on: July 21, 2009, 10:47:12 AM »
Everyone's decorating jobs are amazing! Keep 'em coming!

Offline critterchic

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #107 on: July 22, 2009, 12:23:59 AM »
I am so happy someone else posted here! Here is my boys cage for now.

Bravo,

My boys really love those wiffle balls. Baby will have them all in the litter box by morning.

Chunky McChunks, thanks that is Baby looking smug after he won the "this is my hammock" fight.

Offline critterchic

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #108 on: August 04, 2009, 02:41:57 AM »

Baby chewing up the lava stones,

Bravo,

I was trying to be quick with this one, Bravo playing with the wiffle balls. They will play with me as for as long as I want to play. They have about 15 wiffle balls and all go into the litter box. I only leave a few in there after our game.

Offline aquaseafoam

« Reply #109 on: August 17, 2009, 08:01:41 PM »
I got my FF used off of CL for $100.  The other owner had rubber mats made to fit the wire floors, which was nice.  I am only attaching hardware cloth to the bottom because I don't think my females will be able to escape once they are fully grown. So, they only get half the cage for right now.
Before attaching Hardware cloth:

Dot- beige capped smoothcoat dumbo 8/09
Taj- Pearl merle bershire smoothcoat dumbo ~12/08 I'm over 3 years old!!
Coraline (RIP)- black hooded smoothcoat dumbo 7/09-11/11

Offline Chunky

« Reply #110 on: August 17, 2009, 08:39:52 PM »
nice cage^^

RIP Boo, Ben, Skittles, Noodles and Baby
Much Love

Offline critterchic

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #111 on: August 17, 2009, 08:40:43 PM »
Looks great! I really like the rubber mat idea. Mine came with Plexiglas inserts, but I might look into replacing them with rubber mats. :thumbsup2:

Offline another day another pet

« Reply #112 on: August 17, 2009, 09:02:45 PM »
how did u attach ur wheel in ? i still havnt figured out how to put mine in over the mesh i have around the cage

Offline critterchic

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #113 on: August 18, 2009, 03:31:55 AM »

Offline LOTR_Ratties

• Posts Too Much!
  • Life ends when we become silent about what matters
    • Zoe's Hammie Haven
« Reply #114 on: August 18, 2009, 03:37:45 AM »
I just love all the green (my favorite color) in the bottom half critterchic. Very pretty.

Offline aquaseafoam

« Reply #115 on: August 18, 2009, 03:13:59 PM »
Quote from: another day another pet  link=topic=4029430.msg4610734#msg4610734 date=1250557365
how did u attach ur wheel in ? i still havnt figured out how to put mine in over the mesh i have around the cage

My wheel is just on a stand though, it would be possible to zip tie the stand to the top or side.  I'm not sure how it'd work with a wheel without a stand.

Thanks! I'm very happy with this cage!
After I was finished my BF said he almost wished he was a rat so he could live in there...  :BlueDumboSmile:
Dot- beige capped smoothcoat dumbo 8/09
Taj- Pearl merle bershire smoothcoat dumbo ~12/08 I'm over 3 years old!!
Coraline (RIP)- black hooded smoothcoat dumbo 7/09-11/11

Offline critterchic

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #116 on: August 25, 2009, 08:36:09 PM »
Bravo and Baby's clean cage. This is the first group that I have had who loves cage cleaning day. They watch me the entire time I am cleaning and are so excited to get back in their cage to explore, and it's not like I do anything different. :yelcutelaugh:

Why is the litter box the lunch room?

Offline Fate Foretold

• Posts Too Much!
  • ♪ You've got a friend in me ♫
    • My Artwork
« Reply #117 on: August 29, 2009, 11:17:20 PM »
Wow, you guys have some amazing cages!  I especially love the themed colors. :D

Here is ours currently:

-Jeanette

Offline critterchic

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #118 on: August 30, 2009, 12:02:03 PM »
I like the blue fabric's you have for the liner's and for the big tunnel on top. Looks great. :thumbsup2:

Offline critterchic

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #119 on: September 12, 2009, 02:54:14 AM »

Our group of friends has a couple of kids in the Navy and Army and my 19 year old nephew is about to join the Army. So with that and 9/11 today I decided to decorate the FF in Camo in honor of these kids.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 03:00:40 AM by critterchic »

Offline ratspaw

« Reply #120 on: October 01, 2009, 03:04:09 AM »
wow, just wow :BlueDumboBigEyes: i love everyones decorations, i just bought my FF cage yesterday and have been hard at work with my sewing machine getting things ready for it.  As soon as i get it decorated and my computer stops giving me problems with trying to upload pictures i will post my poor bare cage. (wont be that way for long :rattysmiley:)
Everyone who lives, dies. But not everyone who dies has lived!

Offline LOTR_Ratties

• Posts Too Much!
  • Life ends when we become silent about what matters
    • Zoe's Hammie Haven
« Reply #121 on: October 01, 2009, 03:08:38 AM »
You'll get the hang of decorating in no time ratspaw!! Looking forward to your pictures. :D

Offline Moo_Max_RATS

• Posts Too Much!
  • ~If you take the Plunge, be sure you can Swim~
« Reply #122 on: October 01, 2009, 08:57:24 PM »
I am jealous! Of all the cages, I have the FN and love it, but I can't decorate! :puppy_dog_eyes:

Offline critterchic

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #123 on: October 01, 2009, 09:27:46 PM »
Cage decorating ideas took a while to kick in for me. Sometimes when looking at other people cages I thought I had no imagination at all. :yelcutelaugh:  Now, Coco and Captain inspire me, and the amazing cages of the people here on GM. :BlueDumboSmile:

Offline ratspaw

« Reply #124 on: October 05, 2009, 08:47:16 PM »
I have had the FF for less than a week and its already gone, sigh, my friend fell head over heels in love with it and since it was the last one in the area i let her have it, and had to go with a FN for my girls, lol, so now i will be posting pictures of HER FF cage decorations, lol
Everyone who lives, dies. But not everyone who dies has lived!