Author Topic: Please post your Feisty Ferret cage pictures!  (Read 76796 times)

Offline Rodent

• Posts Too Much!
  • Feetsies!
Re: Please post your Feisty Ferret cage pictures!
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2007, 09:50:51 PM »
I (Actually, my mom sort of force changed my mind) changed my mind and I'm going with the FF. My mom said that FN modifications were more work than it was worth, and I don't think she would help or really want me to do it.  :'( Oh well. I like the Feisty Ferret and I only have three rats, so it's enough room. I'm pretty sure I won't have to modify it either. That would stink!

Offline vintagerat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2007, 10:19:35 PM »
You will be happy with the FF  ;D. You just need to modify it a little by adding in a solid floor (using tiles, chloroplast, plexi-glass, ect), covering the two floors with fleece, and getting some wire storage shelves to zip-tie up in the cage. The extra shelf space really is a must, my rats love hanging out on the extra shelf (you can see it in my pictures).

Offline Rodent

• Posts Too Much!
  • Feetsies!
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2007, 05:37:30 PM »
Good! Thank you!

I can do that.  :)

Offline fakesalt

• Smile! :)
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2007, 05:40:27 PM »
i'm gonna mooch of this thread. any more pictures? i just got my FF and i am in need of some decorating tips! thanks!

Offline RatDude55

• Posts Too Much!
    • blogs ahve titles like this
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2007, 10:59:20 PM »
Spartan's top half:

That looks like a pretty awesome bedroom  :BlueDumboSmileTongue:
Archie: agouti hooded, satin
Jughead: black hooded, alpha
Patrick: agouti berk, pale tipped tail, koopa troopa of the castle
Buckley: agouti capped, rex
Captain: chesnut berk, tipped tail, rex

Rest well little paws, the Original Bonaparte

Offline vintagerat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2007, 12:43:44 AM »
Updated cage pictures! It looks really "toy-less", but my rats don't show interest in toys. They love to roll around the balls and play with each other, more over toys.

Spartan, Ralphie, and the new dumbo guy's top half:

Leonidas' bottom half. Yes, he is alone...he absolutely refuses to get along with the 12 week old babies or Spartan, who is neutered. Maybe he would get along with a spayed female?:

Enjoy  :BlueDumboSmile:!

Offline rufuscharlie

« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2007, 12:07:40 PM »
Wonderrodent's snake works really well in the Feisty Ferret home. When we had our rats they loved it. We would hide treats in it for them. I may have pictures in my posts. Just do a search for Feisty Ferret homes. We really liked the FF. We only had two boys and it worked out great for us and them.

Sandi

Offline cerulean.blue

• Posts Too Much!
  • I'm up and dressed... What more do you want?
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2007, 02:46:57 PM »
Do they make FFs with one level? I did a google search, but only seem to be able to find two level cages.

I doubt I'm getting a new cage anytime soon (especially since I'm ratless and not sure when that's changing- hopefully sometime in the *really* near future), but it doesn't hurt to look, right? I really like this cage, although I think it might be a little too wide to fit through my door. I could barely get the 695 through the door (we have a bookshelf in the hallway that blocks half of my door- I hate it).

Offline Distant Vampire

« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2007, 03:13:40 PM »
Does anyone still have the directions for construction lying around that could scan it?

I checked the prevue website, but the layout that they have pulls the javasript link bar up WAY far away from the customer service image, and it's a hover so that's what triggers the javascript to pop up. As soon as I try and get over to the manuals it goes away ;;

so, if anyone could scan theirs in for me that would be amazing! Or, if it's my computer can someone can properly navigate the website to get me the link Id be eternally grateful.

Offline fluffy pluffy

• Posts Too Much!
  • Proud pet nerd.
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2007, 03:18:20 PM »
Edit: For a while now,my rats are in a larger Super-Pet cage. Now I just gotta save money for hammocks and toys.. :)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 03:03:09 PM by fluffy pluffy »
((Dragons are magically hidden within words below. o: ))

-->Magic Blue Words<--

Offline vintagerat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2007, 05:42:22 PM »
I'd love to post Feisty Ferret cage pics..That is if I had one! Right now I'm (well,rather my rats are) stuck
with a little Martin's cage top on a aquarium.Ugh.You can't exactly decorate an aquarium. And if I put anything in the metal cage-top part,there won't be much room for them.

Where are you located? Check Craigslist for cages...you might see something much better than an aquarium with a topper...

Offline fakesalt

« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2007, 08:42:05 PM »
reply to luv-animal's post...

i believe they only make 2-level cages, but you can close off the levels, so you could use one for rats and the other for storage or something :)

Offline fluffy pluffy

• Posts Too Much!
  • Proud pet nerd.
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2007, 11:08:09 AM »
I'd love to post Feisty Ferret cage pics..That is if I had one! Right now I'm (well,rather my rats are) stuck
with a little Martin's cage top on a aquarium.Ugh.You can't exactly decorate an aquarium. And if I put anything in the metal cage-top part,there won't be much room for them.

Where are you located? Check Craigslist for cages...you might see something much better than an aquarium with a topper...
I live in Maine,and our Pet stores don't exactly sell their cages for good prices..
((Dragons are magically hidden within words below. o: ))

-->Magic Blue Words<--

Offline pawsplus

• Blue Heron Farm
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2007, 11:44:02 AM »
I doubt I'm getting a new cage anytime soon (especially since I'm ratless and not sure when that's changing- hopefully sometime in the *really* near future), but it doesn't hurt to look, right? I really like this cage, although I think it might be a little too wide to fit through my door. I could barely get the 695 through the door (we have a bookshelf in the hallway that blocks half of my door- I hate it).
Why would you need to get it through the door? It will fit, anyway -- the cage is 20" wide.  But you assemble it, so it will enter your house in a box anyway! :)
Elizabeth, Jake and Joey
Visit my website

Offline cerulean.blue

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2007, 11:46:47 AM »
Why would you need to get it through the door? It will fit, anyway -- the cage is 20" wide.  But you assemble it, so it will enter your house in a box anyway! :)

For cleaning. :) It's 20" wide? I was reading the dimensions wrong then. lol.

Offline pawsplus

• Blue Heron Farm
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2007, 11:56:32 AM »
Around that -- 21" maybe?  I haven't needed to move the cage at all -- I use fleece on the top floor and the shelves and just remove the fleece, babywipe well, and put on new fleece.  I left off the wire floor and put Carefresh in the tray--I take that out w/ a dustpan, clean the tray, and put in new Carefresh.  Nothing else gets messy!
Elizabeth, Jake and Joey
Visit my website

Offline cerulean.blue

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2007, 12:02:18 PM »
Around that -- 21" maybe?  I haven't needed to move the cage at all -- I use fleece on the top floor and the shelves and just remove the fleece, babywipe well, and put on new fleece.  I left off the wire floor and put Carefresh in the tray--I take that out w/ a dustpan, clean the tray, and put in new Carefresh.  Nothing else gets messy!

Hmm, ok. Sounds like a great cage!  :D

Offline vintagerat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2008, 12:32:34 AM »
New pictures of my cage  :).

The trio's top half:

Leonidas' bottom half: It's plain and boring, I know. He won't play with anything, hates braided fleece ropes, and won't accept the trio at all. I am going to look into adopting him a female baby in May/June when we get our house. I'll have Ralphie and Louie neutered by then, so no chance of babies, and that way if he won't accept her either, she can go in with the trio. We'll see. I feel sad for my poor boy now, though. I bet he would love the SP Exotics cage because of all the levels...

Oh, and say "hello" to Brody bunny in the bottom left corner, hehe.

**Now for some cage rambling, lol**

I have decided that I really want an FN. I am debating whether or not to sell this cage (or donate it to a rescue), buy the FN for the trio, then buy a SP Exotics cage for Leonidas. OR....keep this cage for the trio and get Leonidas the SP Exotics cage. Then again, the FF is nice and buying the FN would just be using up money that I can put elsewhere.

I have a while to decide, as my fiance and I don't get a house until May/June and our bedroom right now would be even more cramped with an FN in it  :P.

But now I am really debating whether or not going to PetsMart this week to get Leo the SP Exotics cage. He would just love all the levels....hrrrm. I might as well, I am eventually wanting to buy it for him. I can then later decide on the FN or not.

Offline fakesalt

« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2008, 03:41:24 PM »
I personally would just stick to the FF and get the SP cage for Leonidas. You'll save money that you could use to decorate the new SP cage :)

Offline Rodent

• Posts Too Much!
  • Feetsies!
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2008, 06:08:17 PM »
Nice cage undergunfire!

Fakesalt, WHERE ARE YOUR PICTURES??? I've seriously never seen any!  :yelcutelaugh:

Offline fakesalt

« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2008, 05:59:43 PM »
LOL sorry Rodent! Did you see the lameo pics of my boys a while back? If not, search "Cow" and click on the topic "Cow and Squid!!" to see the extremely lame pictures of Cow and Squid.
My FF cage is too lame to post anyway. I suck at sewing so they have like no hammocks except the one yellow one that came with it, and I have an igloo on the top level, a box on the bottom, a water bottle on the bottom level (I'm going to get another one tomorrow), two food dishes on each level, and a litter box on the bottom level.
Anywho, awesome cage undergunfire :) I've always wanted to hang ropes and stuff but then it seems overcrowded. Pictures look fine, but when I'm looking at it in person it just looks like a big mess.
Are the ropes for decoration or do the rats climb on them or something?

Offline vintagerat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2008, 09:30:55 PM »
Anywho, awesome cage undergunfire :) I've always wanted to hang ropes and stuff but then it seems overcrowded. Pictures look fine, but when I'm looking at it in person it just looks like a big mess.
Are the ropes for decoration or do the rats climb on them or something?

Thank you  ;D!

They do try to swing on the fleece ropes, but they don't walk across them or anything. I think they love them in the cage because it makes the cage more "cozier", rather than blank.

Offline KatSnRats

« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2008, 11:50:27 AM »
Is it possible for the FF to be separated into two different cages like can be done with the FN?  Also, is the top level a wire floor?  These are the things that concern me about purchasing a FF as opposed to a FN.  I love the fact that the FF has smaller bar spacing as I have small girls.  Any opinions?
<br />Pets name: (Daedalus)<br />Adopted by: (Kat)<br />Adopt your own!<br />Owned by:  Six darling man rats and five hyper girlies

Offline jesirose

• Posts Too Much!
  • Me & Felix
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2008, 02:35:02 PM »
I just added some new toys and rearranged after a huge cleaning - took the whole thing apart and dumped it in the bath. If I used liners I probably wouldn't have to scrub it down so much all the time but I haven't gotten around to sewing them yet.

Anyway I made a new climbing rope out of some socks, a treat tube, and I hung up a lemonade case for them to play in - that one they don't really seem to like. They have a ton of new toys coming soon anyway.

I'll try to get my liners sewn soon and post photos!

Thanks for putting our stuff back mom!

-Jesi

Offline vintagerat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2008, 08:13:41 PM »
Liners for this cage is a MUST. Rats should not be allowed to run around on wires that wide...broken legs would be horrible. At least cover the cage floor with a towel or something, until liners are sewn  :).