Author Topic: Please post your Feisty Ferret cage pictures!  (Read 76071 times)

Offline jesirose

• Posts Too Much!
  • Me & Felix
Re: Please post your Feisty Ferret cage pictures!
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2008, 09:57:03 PM »
The insides wire is not that large...the first rat cage I bought designed for rats is the same on the inside.

But now I feel guilty :) I'm going to sew them tonight I promise.
-Jesi

Offline vintagerat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2008, 10:01:02 PM »
The insides wire is not that large...the first rat cage I bought designed for rats is the same on the inside.

I just sold this cage and bought a SP Exotics cage, so I know personally that the wire floors are way too wide for rats to be walking on.

I'm glad you will be sewing liners tonight, though. They will love it!

Offline jesirose

• Posts Too Much!
  • Me & Felix
« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2008, 10:08:18 PM »

I just sold this cage and bought a SP Exotics cage, so I know personally that the wire floors are way too wide for rats to be walking on.

I'm doing it! :-P

Yeah I was at the store today and almost got some patriotic fabric cause it was on sale, but I have a bunch of good fabric to use already so I refrained :)
I might not have enough to make matching ones but who cares lol. Not the rats!
-Jesi

Offline Ally <3's Sammie

« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2008, 09:47:01 PM »

Cats: Veda, George, Tia, Eddy & Peter
Dog: Rosie (Yellow Lab)
Frogs: Gus, Olive & Otis
Hamster: Bruno
Cockatiels: Lucy & Hedwig

Offline jesirose

• Posts Too Much!
  • Me & Felix
« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2008, 09:54:20 PM »

I made a bunch, thanks for the encouragement! :)

I moved my top shelf to the first horizontal bar down, making the ramp less steep and more room for hammock above. Has anyone else tried this? I didn't think of it till this week but I like it better and the girls have an easier time. It would be awesome to get a third shelf and put it below and offset on the bottom, I am going to do some messing around with stuff later :)
-Jesi

Offline LOTR_Ratties

• Posts Too Much!
  • Life ends when we become silent about what matters
    • Zoe's Hammie Haven
« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2008, 12:38:51 PM »
Here's my new FF cage for my 3 boys. ;D

Offline JuliesZoo74

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2008, 12:13:35 PM »
I want this cage! :shocked2:  I can't find anywhere that has them in stock around me!  Petsmart said they may have some coming in on Tuesday but I am soooooo impatient! :eek:

Offline jesirose

• Posts Too Much!
  • Me & Felix
« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2008, 12:47:23 PM »
I no longer have my FF, I traded up to the FN. Someone mentioned earlier on here that they are close in size and really the FN is SO much bigger. If you're like me and too lazy to figure out what all those measurements mean, here is a photo:

(I had started cleaning out the FF so it's very bare looking, but I left their stash lol.)

Just wanted to share because I have heard a lot of other people who like me, thought they were the same size.

I liked my FF but ended up having too many problems with it in the end. My liners I made turned out very cool but the ones for the FN are so much easier to make too.

Everyone has such cute decorations, gave me some great ideas!
-Jesi

Offline JuliesZoo74

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2008, 01:08:07 PM »
Definately the perfect size for me. The FN cage is just too big for my living room!  I only have 3 girls and 1 neutered boy so I think it is perfect for them. ;D

Offline LOTR_Ratties

• Posts Too Much!
    • Zoe's Hammie Haven
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2008, 03:58:20 PM »
Julie, I got mine on ferret.com, and they have 6.99 flat rate shipping. But you'll probably get it faster if you wait and get it from the pet store Tuesday. Up to you, though. But yes, you will love this cage, it is the perfect size for me, too. The FN was too big for the space it needs to fit in, but the FF was just right, not to mention I'm much more comfortable with the bar spacing. Any way, good luck to you, and I want to see pics when you get yours and set it all up! ;D
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 04:01:29 PM by LOTR_Ratties »

Offline JuliesZoo74

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2008, 04:54:52 PM »
I just got paid for daycare kids for the week.  1st week after school got out so it was 2 times as much as usual so,  I will be picking up the cage Tuesday!  Yah :party:  I will definately post pics! :thumbsup2:

Offline LOTR_Ratties

• Posts Too Much!
    • Zoe's Hammie Haven
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2008, 06:04:04 PM »
Awesome! :thumbsup2: Can't wait to see yours. :BlueDumboSmile:

Offline LOTR_Ratties

• Posts Too Much!
    • Zoe's Hammie Haven
« Reply #62 on: September 06, 2008, 07:14:33 PM »
Thought I'd bring this post back from the dead, and post some pics of how my FF is looking now a days!
I'm generally happy with this cage, but I still might be asking for a FN for Christmas. :cheeky:

Bottom:

Top:

Offline DANIxAWESOME

« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2008, 07:22:29 PM »
Hello, I was thinkning of getting a FF, before they raise in price again, but I was curious what some major pros and cons of the cage were. And if I had the room and possiably the money, if I shoudl get a CN...but then again I only have 2 girls atm...and would never go above 4 rats...

Offline Fate Foretold

• Posts Too Much!
  • ♪ You've got a friend in me ♫
    • My Artwork
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2008, 07:51:16 PM »
How did some of you obtain those platforms in the top right corner (like this)?  Did you guys make those?  How?  I'd love to have that in my FF! ^^
-Jeanette

Offline vintagerat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2008, 09:38:12 PM »
How did some of you obtain those platforms in the top right corner (like this)?  Did you guys make those?  How?  I'd love to have that in my FF! ^^

That's my old FF  :D.

I just went to Walmart and got wire pantry shelves, they are sold in a 2-pack. You will just have to secure fleece down on the floor of the shelf because the bar spacing is very large. You cut cut a piece of vinyl tile, too.

Offline Fate Foretold

• Posts Too Much!
  • ♪ You've got a friend in me ♫
    • My Artwork
« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2008, 09:42:21 PM »

I just went to Walmart and got wire pantry shelves, they are sold in a 2-pack. You will just have to secure fleece down on the floor of the shelf because the bar spacing is very large. You cut cut a piece of vinyl tile, too.

Hehe it was a cool cage! :)

Ahh, okay!  I wouldn't have thought about that.  How did you secure the shelf to the cage?  I'm going to share this with the boyfriend and get him to do it lol.
-Jeanette

Offline vintagerat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2008, 09:46:39 PM »

Hehe it was a cool cage! :)

Ahh, okay!  I wouldn't have thought about that.  How did you secure the shelf to the cage?  I'm going to share this with the boyfriend and get him to do it lol.

Zip ties  :). They never chewed them off, either. Another thing you can use is a metal cookie cooling rack. I also bought this odd looking basket from a thrift store that I think was once a part to a deep fryer...it works awesome and it even matches the wire on the FN or FF.

Offline LOTR_Ratties

• Posts Too Much!
    • Zoe's Hammie Haven
« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2009, 07:53:04 PM »
Okay, so I felt like bringing this thread back from the dead, incase there are any newbies with this cage that wanna post pics! ;)

Bottom:

Top:

So any newbies out there with this cage, feel free to post away!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 07:55:14 PM by LOTR_Ratties »

Offline coliekumar

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2009, 10:17:01 PM »
I hated this cage for ferrets and sold it awhile back, but now I see these rattie pics and want it back!  It looks great for rats.  Your cage looks really fun LOTR_Ratties  :wink5:
Two girls have arrived :) Names coming soon.

Offline Wheeljack

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #70 on: April 02, 2009, 12:41:03 AM »
Good God, this thread is old!  But I'll post my old FF since I never have before.  It was two of them with the center panels removed and joined together.  The top held 4 males and the bottom housed 3. I have since upgraged to a 3 level FN. 

Offline suivezmoi

« Reply #71 on: April 02, 2009, 04:19:13 AM »
Oh wow didn't realize more people actually had this cage too :)

I thought everyone just had FNs and CNs :P

and wheeljack that setup looks awesome :) I'm jealous

Offline another day another pet

« Reply #72 on: May 03, 2009, 05:44:06 PM »
im hopefullygeting a FF this weekend

Offline coliekumar

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #73 on: June 04, 2009, 11:07:24 PM »
Good God, this thread is old!  But I'll post my old FF since I never have before.  It was two of them with the center panels removed and joined together.  The top held 4 males and the bottom housed 3. I have since upgraged to a 3 level FN. 

How easily did the center panels come out?  I had an FF for ferrets and now I cannot remember the construction at all  :doh:  I was possibly maybe thinking of getting a double wide FF rather than another CN.  It would be around the same cost. 

(and I swear I am not stalking all of your posts, you just happen to have cool ones!)
Two girls have arrived :) Names coming soon.

Offline Wheeljack

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #74 on: June 05, 2009, 12:02:38 AM »
The entire center panels came off very easily; they are only held on with screws.  I did feel it affected the stability of the middle floor so I ended up adding the center panels back on and cutting the sides off of their frame with wire cutters.  It was much more stable that way.

Now I have it back in use, it was easy enough to zip tie the sides back on.

I would go for the CN however, with the FF doors only opening one one side, the double-wide was a huge pain to clean and you're really limited to where you can use the shelves that come with it.