Author Topic: Please post your Feisty Ferret cage pictures!  (Read 76767 times)

Offline coliekumar

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Please post your Feisty Ferret cage pictures!
« Reply #75 on: June 05, 2009, 12:08:21 AM »
I have had both and I whole heartedly agree that the CN would be better (and I would connect it to my existing double wide, so it would be really cool!), I am just not 100% I will have enough space!  (depth wise) So I am trying to keep my options open  :)
Two girls have arrived :) Names coming soon.

Offline topoljes

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #76 on: June 05, 2009, 01:55:33 AM »
I didn't know that the FF existed until this post came back up and now I'm seriously considering it! I have a couple questions for everyone else who has it though:

-If only one side opens, is it difficult to clean out the bottom pans if for some reason they need to be removed?

-Is it easy to take apart and put back together? I am living at home now but will be moving at the end of summer and was wondering if it would be easy enough to take it apart to put in my jeep and then put it back together again once I got to my new place.

-I see that it is smaller than a FN, thanks to whoever had the post with the comparison (very nice!). I've been doing some research and it seems that it comes as two levels, but that the price is cheaper than either a FN or CN...is that right? It seems like the CN is the most expensive, then the FN, and then the FF.

I think that's all for now. Any other input would be appreciated. I see on some of these posts that owners of the FF are upgrading to the FN or CN which makes me wonder why but I think that the FF size would be better in my small room.

Offline coliekumar

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #77 on: June 05, 2009, 02:05:51 AM »
The bottom pan slides out  ;) 

I have found the FF for $140 and I bought my CN for $240.  I bought my ferret nation new for $160 and you can find it used from $75 to $175.

Offline Wheeljack

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #78 on: June 05, 2009, 04:57:09 PM »

-Is it easy to take apart and put back together? I am living at home now but will be moving at the end of summer and was wondering if it would be easy enough to take it apart to put in my jeep and then put it back together again once I got to my new place.

I think that's all for now. Any other input would be appreciated. I see on some of these posts that owners of the FF are upgrading to the FN or CN which makes me wonder why but I think that the FF size would be better in my small room.

This cage is ungodly aggravating to put together and once it's together, I would forget about ever taking it apart again.  The issue is it is held together with screws that have a wierd star shaped tip and you need the tool that comes with the cage to get the screws to work.  The shape of the screws makes them strip very easily, so that tool was useless on most of the screws after the first time I used it.  You could probably find philips head screws that are a similar size and that might resolve the issue with taking it apart; but that's a hassle.

You also need to leave the bottom grate in and it will have to be covered with something, so that plastic pan is useless.  The bottom floor is a wire grate with spacing just the right size for a rat to break a leg in, and the plastic pan slides under the grate.  I first tried to only use the plastic pan without installing the grate and at the slightest bump, it dislodged and spilled litter and ratties everywhere.   

I *personally* wouldn't wish this cage on anyone and would either go with a CN or one of the larger martins if ease of cleaning and the ability to reassemble it is a priority. 

Offline critterchic

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #79 on: June 06, 2009, 06:39:26 PM »
Yay!, I am picking up a Fiesty Ferret cage tomorrow. This cage will be at work so the boys can come to work with me this summer. Sometimes the air quality is so bad during the summer and I have central air at work so just makes sense to bring them in with me. I did this all last summer with Mo and I do believe it helped prolong his life. I am looking forward to decorating this cage. I am obsessed! :yelcutelaugh:
"This is the beginning of a new day.You have been given this day to use as you will. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it.When tomorrow comes,this day will be gone forever; in it's place is something that you have left behind, let it be something good."

Offline critterchic

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #80 on: June 08, 2009, 12:27:35 AM »
I picked up the Fiesty Ferret from BluRat today. Gave it a good scrub and now Baby and Bravo are enjoying all this space. I did intent to take this cage to work, but until Coco learns to play well with others I will keep it at home and keep trying the intros and get Mr Coco neutered.  So here is the babies cage,

Top half,

bottom half,

Baby,

next to the FN,

« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 12:30:53 AM by critterchic »
"This is the beginning of a new day.You have been given this day to use as you will. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it.When tomorrow comes,this day will be gone forever; in it's place is something that you have left behind, let it be something good."

Offline Kota

« Reply #81 on: June 09, 2009, 02:20:25 AM »
What are these cages like, compared to the FN ?
They don't sell either here, but I was just wondering  :P

Offline critterchic

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #82 on: June 09, 2009, 02:37:45 AM »
Well I have only had the Fiesty Ferret since yesterday, but I will try to answer your question. :BlueDumboSmileTongue: As you can see by the side-by-side picture the FN is way bigger and both doors open and they even come off completely. The FF is smaller, only one door opens and it comes with wire flooring and no pans like the FN does.  I actually like both cages, but the FN wins hands down. I bought the FF for a work cage so I can take the boys to work with me. A FN/CN would not fit in the space at work and I wouldn't need that big of a cage for them for just the time they would be at work with me.  When you compare cost, I got the FF used for $100, the FN new and after price matching and having an additional $30 taken off because I bought the floor model the total for the FN was $159.00.  For two or three ratties I think the FF is a great cage.

Offline critterchic

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #83 on: June 13, 2009, 12:25:38 AM »
Well I finally bought a red wheel, I have been wanting one since Christmas and finally found one in red tonight.  So here it is, in with the babies. Now I just have to figure out how to attach it to the side of the cage. :BlueDumboSmileTongue:

Offline coliekumar

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #84 on: June 13, 2009, 12:32:57 AM »
The yellow thing should screw off I believe (I don't have this wheel in a barred cage, so I never tried)  :thumbsup2:

Offline Rattiesmitten

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #85 on: June 13, 2009, 12:51:04 AM »
Oh, cool, I had to buy a dumb green one...  Nice cage decor, chic!
Currently smitten with Sandy, Dusty, Ringo, Pretty Boy, Radar and Tigger.

Any many more already at the Bridge - mama loves you all!

Offline critterchic

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #86 on: June 13, 2009, 01:08:35 AM »
coliekumar, I thought that but when I tried it didn't come off. I will give it another go. Thanks!

Rattiesmitten, thanks! I am having way to much fun with these cages! :yelcutelaugh:

Offline coliekumar

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #87 on: June 13, 2009, 01:17:28 AM »
I just tried mine as well and it didn't work, so maybe that isn't it.  On a side note apparently my female mice had covered it in a pee slime that I discovered when I grabbed it.  Gross!  :confused:

Offline Rattiesmitten

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #88 on: June 13, 2009, 02:29:26 PM »
I just put my Spinner in - the yellow nut just finger-screws off and the white metal base pulls out and off.  The popsicle-green really clashes with the purple cage, tho - hope November still likes it  ;).
Currently smitten with Sandy, Dusty, Ringo, Pretty Boy, Radar and Tigger.

Any many more already at the Bridge - mama loves you all!

Offline coliekumar

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #89 on: June 13, 2009, 02:58:47 PM »
Thanks!

November is not very picky on colors, so you should be fine!  ;D

Offline mcfate

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #90 on: June 13, 2009, 04:26:19 PM »
thank you for posting the FF next to the FN, it gives me a much better idea of the size diff.  What about weight diff? 

Offline critterchic

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #91 on: June 13, 2009, 11:18:31 PM »
The FN is 96lbs and the FF is 54lbs. Hope that helps. :BlueDumboSmile:

Offline critterchic

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #92 on: June 16, 2009, 09:31:27 PM »
So, I change things on the bottom level. I have no life right now! So I hope no one is getting to sick of my critter cages! I really have nothing better to do! :yelcutelaugh:

Offline saddiedog

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #93 on: June 20, 2009, 09:54:06 AM »
I love the blue fabrics! Me wants :BlueDumboBigEyes:

Offline critterchic

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #94 on: June 20, 2009, 06:12:29 PM »
Thanks! JoAnn's, $2.49 a yard on sale for the flannel. Found the matching fleece there too. :thumbsup2: I am so happy my boys aren't chewer's, nibblers yes, chewers no!

Offline saddiedog

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #95 on: June 21, 2009, 09:23:08 PM »
I was just at JoAnn's today and their cheapest flannel was 6 bucks a yard. *pouts*

Offline critterchic

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #96 on: June 22, 2009, 01:13:37 AM »
Baby and Bravo in green!!

They are exhausted from spending all day in their Martins Playpen,

« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 01:11:16 AM by critterchic »

Offline critterchic

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #97 on: June 29, 2009, 11:25:51 PM »
So, I ended up making liners for the shelves. The pee would pool in the middle of the shelf, pretty disgusting. :BlueDumboSmileTongue: The yellow one on the bottom is my prototype, the green one on top came out much better.  The Peek-A Boo Playhouse from Violet976 is on the bottom, the babies use the bottom level more as a play area so I thought the Playhouse would be perfect there.  The top level is for sleeping/eating.

Offline mcfate

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #98 on: June 30, 2009, 02:04:23 PM »
I really like the blue and yellow with the starts and moons.  Do you think the FF would be good for 3 girls?

Offline critterchic

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #99 on: June 30, 2009, 05:43:02 PM »
Thanks, that fabric I found at JoAnn's. I think the FF would be great for three girls. Even with only having one door that open's, I really do like this cage. I like the size. Although I love the FN it is a monster in size, and luckily I have the room for both right now.