Author Topic: 5-story 'Rat Mansion' from Coast Cages questions  (Read 992 times)

Offline Squeeky

5-story 'Rat Mansion' from Coast Cages questions
« on: December 02, 2007, 06:21:38 PM »
A possible adoptor of two girls has ordered this cage:   5-story 'Rat Mansion' from Coast Cages

Does anyone know anything about this cage?
Problems?
Suggestions?
Is this the one with the dangerous wheel?

thanks

Offline italianqt

• Posts Too Much!
  • Gennaro's hungry!
Re: 5-story 'Rat Mansion' from Coast Cages questions
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007, 06:25:49 PM »
Yeah that's one of those with the wheel that should be removed. I think the cage is nice, I would just cover the floors if I had one because I don't like the size of the wire spacing in the floors (it's not 1/2" x 1/2", I think it's closer to 1/2" x 2" - anyone with the cage, please correct me!).  You might want to suggest that to the adopter, but that's all I can think of.
The kittehs: Fia and Nice Kitty.

Offline ratty_pack

• Posts Too Much!
Re: 5-story 'Rat Mansion' from Coast Cages questions
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2007, 06:34:16 PM »
On December 9th, I'll know if mine is still available for sale....  Have an adopter choosing between two cages on the 8th.  This is one of the two.

The wire spacing is great even for babies.  I think it is a well built cage.  The only negative is two doors only.  Think they should have added a third as I find the upper level requiring a handled brush to clean.  Patience is required at cleaning time.

I *Love* the wheel as it is quiet and my male rats used it.  Never got them to run on a wodent wheel or a clear plastic wheel from Super Pet.  The wire mesh doesn't collect pee and is very tiny so rats RUN full speed on it.  I searched long and hard to find a wheel like it when I upgraded the cage and FINALLY found it after 2 years.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 06:40:20 PM by ratty_pack »