Author Topic: ~ Chelsey's Cozies ~ **Customs & Pre-mades, 375+ fabrics to choose from!**  (Read 371544 times)

Offline Scubbs

• Posts Too Much!
  • Pick the adoption option!
    • Chelsey's Cozies
Re: Chelsey's Cozies
« Reply #950 on: April 14, 2009, 01:47:11 PM »
UPDATE

My sewing machine was giving me some problems so I ended up having to take it in to be fixed, which has made orders a little late since I haven't been able to sew for 3 or so days.  Along with that, my email has been really wonky and I'm only now able to get into it.  So if you emailed me and I haven't responded yet, that's why!  I'll be getting to emails later today. 

Orders going out tomorrow are Caitlyn's, Kristine's, Kaitlin's, Sarah's, and then the NIRO raffle donation hams.  I have a huge stack of 35-40 cut up hammocks to work on, but hopefully I'll be able to get them all done tonight/tomorrow morning so they can all go out.

I apologize about the wait on your orders!  Everything happens all at once, it seems  :P
  <~~ Add Chelsey's Cozies on Facebook!  :)

Offline dreamz12x

« Reply #951 on: April 14, 2009, 01:59:54 PM »
Chelsey, got my order today, and all I have to say is WOW! The photos really didn't do these fabrics justice. So here's the cage, though I'm still rearranging things constantly trying to find just the right place for everything. But this is how it looks at the moment:

Wow... Everything came out so cute! Your ratties are adorable. I love that Octopus thing on the top of the cage. Do they use it when they're up there?
Proud cat lover of 2 cats, George -n- Chloee.
And newbie rat owner of 2 ratties, Ruby -n- Jezebel.

Offline LOTR_Ratties

• Posts Too Much!
  • Life ends when we become silent about what matters
    • Zoe's Hammie Haven
« Reply #952 on: April 14, 2009, 07:05:35 PM »
Nicole, thank you so much for posting pictures!  I saved one of them to put up on my site  :D

Eee, all the hammocks look great in the cage, Summer!  They really match everything well.  I'm pretty proud of that set  :thumbsup:  Definitely saved a couple of the pictures for my HC page revamp!

So glad that you like it Chelsey, I wanted to make you proud, lol. ;) And I'm honored that my boys will be on your new page, they're gonna be famous! 8)

And to dreamz, I use that octopus for free range time. I set it up on my bed along with other fun stuff, and they go to town! They love that octopus, it's one of their favorite toys.

Offline Heatherama

• Posts Too Much!
  • Empty
« Reply #953 on: April 15, 2009, 06:37:40 PM »
I got my fabric Chelsey!  Thank you so so much for getting it for me.  I've already cut it up into 2 large cubes, 4 corner pocket hammocks, 2 large double deckers, 1 long tube, and a standard hammock.  I used every little scrap of it.   ;D

Thanks again!!!
"...Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned... ~ Tyler"

Offline Scubbs

• Posts Too Much!
    • Chelsey's Cozies
« Reply #954 on: April 17, 2009, 12:32:31 AM »
Heather - I'm so happy and relieved you got your fabric and double decker!  I was worried I'd find it in my mailbox today again  :yelcutelaugh:  That'll teach me to over-stuff flat rate things  :P
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 12:38:11 AM by Scubbs »

Offline Scubbs

• Posts Too Much!
    • Chelsey's Cozies
« Reply #955 on: April 17, 2009, 12:48:27 AM »
Order piccies  :)

For those going to the NIRO show next month, here's my donation to the raffle!  Buggy/butterfly themed, and hooks included  :)

And lastly, some pre-mades up for grabs!

#1 - brown circle set (XL double decker, envelope), $23 (includes shipping + PP fee)  SOLD

#2 - the absolute LAST of the adorable baby dino fabric! 13" x 12" peekaboo - $13 (includes shipping + PP fee)

#3 - 14" x 10" two-way pocket hammock - can be used as a wall pocket or like a regular hammock; $11.50 (includes shipping + PP fee)

#4 - mouse double decker! $7 (includes shipping + PP fee)

« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 01:43:34 AM by Scubbs »

Offline Emymoo

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #956 on: April 17, 2009, 12:54:14 AM »
Yay! I love how my order turned out! Thank you :)

I didn't realise all my fabrics had pink and orange in them... my rats have turned me into a girly girly  :confused: haha

Can't wait till it gets here! :)
The dogs: Sara and Lola. The kitties: Emy and Molly
Rest in peace my sweeties
 Bella, Riley, Fuzz, Juno and Frederick <3

Offline coliekumar

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Chelsey's Cozies *pre-mades available!*
« Reply #957 on: April 17, 2009, 09:54:31 AM »
Darn!  I thought one of them would be mine!  ;)  Is the shipping less if I buy more than one premade, or the same?
Two girls have arrived :) Names coming soon.

Offline WEAVER

• Posts Too Much!
    • The Cozy Cavy
« Reply #958 on: April 17, 2009, 10:15:11 AM »
*gasp* I love the butterfly things for the show.  They are SOOOO pretty!

Offline The Futile

• 3OH!3, Owl City, Hush Sound, Lit, Limp Bizkit <3
« Reply #959 on: April 17, 2009, 11:59:27 AM »
What brand and model of sewing machine do you own?

Offline Scubbs

• Posts Too Much!
    • Chelsey's Cozies
« Reply #960 on: April 17, 2009, 12:44:23 PM »
rattie__abbi - I have an older Singer from the 70s - a Singer 247  :)  The old Singers are the best!

WEAVER - Aren't they gorgeous?  I just love both fabrics.

coliekumar - I have one more order to finish before yours!  And I'll probably get both of yours done at the same time.  I work all day today, so unfortunately I can only start on it late tonight and sew it tomorrow.  I can combine shipping.  Most of the time I can fit 3 hammocks into a flat rate envelope, which is $4.80 to send.  I may even be able to send them cheaper via First Class.  It all depends on the hammocks you're interested in.  I can always add them in to your current order for less shipping then usual since you already have a box going  :)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 12:48:31 PM by Scubbs »

Offline The Futile

« Reply #961 on: April 17, 2009, 12:57:17 PM »
Would you ever purchase an electric one?

Offline Scubbs

• Posts Too Much!
    • Chelsey's Cozies
« Reply #962 on: April 17, 2009, 01:03:06 PM »
It is an electric one  :)

Offline The Futile

« Reply #963 on: April 17, 2009, 01:13:17 PM »
It is an electric one  :)
It is?
Is it one of those sewing machines that you can just press a button and it does all the work for you?

Offline kalijo

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #964 on: April 17, 2009, 02:16:53 PM »
#1 - brown circle set (XL double decker, envelope), $23 (includes shipping + PP fee)

:o I love that set!!

Edit:
If it's still available tonight when I get home from work, I'm buying it!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 02:19:44 PM by kalijo »

Offline Pink

• Posts Too Much!
    • Pink's Pretty Premades!
« Reply #965 on: April 17, 2009, 04:07:42 PM »
Rattie Abbi - electric vrs. mechanical has to do with how the stitches are formed.  All the fancy stitches (anything other than strait) are made by moving the needle sideways, and coordinating the movement of the walker feet to move the fabric back and forth.  In older mechanical machines this was done via a cam shaft, which is a long tube with a series of notches that as the shaft spins the notches move the needle and the feet accordingly.  Electric machines do not require a cam shaft, they instead use small electrical pulses to move the needle and the feet, but just like the cam shaft, it is done is small incremental steps.

What you are thinking of is computerized machines, and even with them sewing is not that simple, you still have to know what to do with the cloth.  I have a new computerized machine, and while it makes coordinating various stitches a lot simpler, I am still doing basically the same process as Scubbs is with her machine (which due to its age, I highly suspect has a cam shaft).  Yes, I could just press the start/stop button, but I gain a lot more control by using a foot pedal.  I still have to guide the fabric through, and know what I am doing though.

And trust me, a cracked cam shaft is death to any machine!  I lost my last sewing machine to that.  If we had managed to find a cam shaft for it (which was unlikely) it would have cost more than my new machine.  Old singers that only go strait tend to never break, much of the reason is because they don't have a cam shaft.  It is only needed to change a strait stitch into fancy stitches.

And to stay on a more related topic - here's Dangerous Beans loving her hammock by Chelsey

Pink

Offline The Futile

« Reply #966 on: April 17, 2009, 04:15:23 PM »
Rattie Abbi - electric vrs. mechanical has to do with how the stitches are formed.  All the fancy stitches (anything other than strait) are made by moving the needle sideways, and coordinating the movement of the walker feet to move the fabric back and forth.  In older mechanical machines this was done via a cam shaft, which is a long tube with a series of notches that as the shaft spins the notches move the needle and the feet accordingly.  Electric machines do not require a cam shaft, they instead use small electrical pulses to move the needle and the feet, but just like the cam shaft, it is done is small incremental steps.

What you are thinking of is computerized machines, and even with them sewing is not that simple, you still have to know what to do with the cloth.  I have a new computerized machine, and while it makes coordinating various stitches a lot simpler, I am still doing basically the same process as Scubbs is with her machine (which due to its age, I highly suspect has a cam shaft).  Yes, I could just press the start/stop button, but I gain a lot more control by using a foot pedal.  I still have to guide the fabric through, and know what I am doing though.

And trust me, a cracked cam shaft is death to any machine!  I lost my last sewing machine to that.  If we had managed to find a cam shaft for it (which was unlikely) it would have cost more than my new machine.  Old singers that only go strait tend to never break, much of the reason is because they don't have a cam shaft.  It is only needed to change a strait stitch into fancy stitches.

And to stay on a more related topic - here's Dangerous Beans loving her hammock by Chelsey

Pink

Oh thank you :)

I was thinking about putting a computerized sewing machine on my wishlist, but I wanted to know  what other hammock makers thought of it. I also wanted to know what the differences were.

Pink, Scrubbs- do you guys think that it is harder to use a older sewing machine rather than a new one?

Offline Pink

• Posts Too Much!
    • Pink's Pretty Premades!
« Reply #967 on: April 17, 2009, 04:31:27 PM »
Older sewing machines often give you more for your money.  Its really not worth buying a new machine unless you can spend at least $400.  There are a lot of old machines that you can buy for significantly less that will make really nice machines.  They are often a LOT heavier, which for someone with two back surgeries like me, was a really bad idea.  Pre 70s Singers tend to be nice, kenmores can be, Janomes, brothers, babylocks are all decent.  Don't worry about things like fancy stitches, the ability to go through multiple layers of fleece is a far more important thing for hammock making.  I have an old '68 singer waiting for me in Missouri (I move in a year) that I can't wait to get my hands on.  It goes strait, and only strait, but will never stop!  I do find my brand new sewing machine a lot more fun to sew with.

Pink

Offline Scubbs

• Posts Too Much!
    • Chelsey's Cozies
« Reply #968 on: April 17, 2009, 04:44:51 PM »
The gorgeous brown circle set has SOLD!  :)  There will be more of it soon, though!

Offline coliekumar

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #969 on: April 17, 2009, 06:24:35 PM »
Sorry to go off topic: Ratti Abbi: I have an antique singer sewing machine that can only straight stitch and I have a $3,500 sewing machine that can do many things (most of which I never use)  Just for sewing hammocks, it wouldn't be worth it to buy a "fancy" sewing machine.  You can get a good quality machine at a garage sale, or many sewing machine dealers have pre-owned machines for cheaper and they are just as good!

Offline coliekumar

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #970 on: April 17, 2009, 06:37:11 PM »
rattie__abbi - I have an older Singer from the 70s - a Singer 247  :)  The old Singers are the best!

WEAVER - Aren't they gorgeous?  I just love both fabrics.

coliekumar - I have one more order to finish before yours!  And I'll probably get both of yours done at the same time.  I work all day today, so unfortunately I can only start on it late tonight and sew it tomorrow.  I can combine shipping.  Most of the time I can fit 3 hammocks into a flat rate envelope, which is $4.80 to send.  I may even be able to send them cheaper via First Class.  It all depends on the hammocks you're interested in.  I can always add them in to your current order for less shipping then usual since you already have a box going  :)

Thanks!  I will have to think about those pre-mades then!  And now you have gotten me all excited about my order! :hyper:

Offline kalijo

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #971 on: April 17, 2009, 07:07:35 PM »
The gorgeous brown circle set has SOLD!  :)  There will be more of it soon, though!

:'(

I'll keep checking back for more, I really like that set. :)

Offline Emymoo

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #972 on: April 21, 2009, 10:13:02 PM »
I got my order today :)

My little girl Bella is in LOVE with the bonding pouch. She climbed in their and didn't want to come out  :yelcutelaugh: She's really shy, and being able to be near me without having to be "exposed" to the world is perfect for her  :P

Thanks a bunch! ;D
The dogs: Sara and Lola. The kitties: Emy and Molly
Rest in peace my sweeties
 Bella, Riley, Fuzz, Juno and Frederick <3

Offline LOTR_Ratties

• Posts Too Much!
  • Life ends when we become silent about what matters
    • Zoe's Hammie Haven
« Reply #973 on: April 22, 2009, 05:21:31 AM »
This one's the cotton version of LOTR_Ratties' liners  ;D

Yay! I went to Hobby Lobby yesterday and they had this! So I got enough to make a set. Wow it's going to look awesome with my liners. :BlueDumboSmile:

Offline artsiekat

• Posts Too Much!
    • by artsiekat
« Reply #974 on: April 22, 2009, 03:01:18 PM »
I got my gorgeous hammocks a couple of days ago!

I put them in the cage after cleaning today and I can tell already they are a huge hit.

Here's Lyon figuring out how to get in and out from the side of the cage.

I put the double decker right next to the envelope and they have been chasing eachother into the envelope then out through the double decker. :)

Thanks so much, I love them.