Author Topic: Bedroom/Rodentry, LOL!  (Read 175718 times)

Offline LOTR_Ratties

• Posts Too Much!
  • Life ends when we become silent about what matters
    • Zoe's Hammie Haven
Bedroom/Rodentry, LOL!
« on: December 29, 2007, 09:04:51 PM »
I just wondered how many others keep their rats/other pets in their bedrooms? I'd love to see pics of your bedroom arrangements with the cages and everything. I have a very tiny bedroom, but keep my rats and guinea pigs in my room. Those of you that have piggies know that they need a large flat area to run around in; so I have a 28"x70" cage made of cubes and coroplast, which takes up a good deal of my room. And the rattie cage is in here with me as well. Just wanted to post photos of my arrangement, in the hopes that others might do the same. :cheeky:

Here's one wall, with the rattie cage, and you can see the end of my piggy cage in the left corner:

Here's the wall with the piggy cage, my computer is in between the piggers and ratties as you can see, and to the left of the gp cage there is a small t.v. squished in there, lol:

And here's both cages, or at least as much as I could fit in one shot:

All that's left in my room that you can't see, is my bed, (which I was standing on to take these photos,) and a nightstand. And that's all there is to my room, LOL. But I love being surrounded by wonderful creatures when I'm at my computer. :heart: :BlueDumboSmile: :heart:

Offline Bryanna

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Bedroom/Rodentry, LOL!
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 09:17:45 PM »
My room is about the same size as yours and I have 2 smaller cages and an FN in it xD They're all surrounding my computer too, and I have to walk on my bed to get out of my room. Haha.
8 ratties- Jack Bella, Mae, Molly, Leah, Ashlan, Tory. RIP Casper & Duckie

Offline Sunilata

• Posts Too Much!
  • one tough lobstahgirl
    • Island Gliders
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 09:47:18 PM »
I could never have my rats in my bedroom - they'd keep me up ALL night! :) I have the rats in our dining room.

Your set-up is very sweet, though. :)
islandsugargliders.com

Offline Punkygirl0101

• Posts Too Much!
  • Dogs-Cats-Ferrets-Mice-Turtles-Fish
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2007, 10:24:03 PM »
Well, in my current room ALL my small animals are in my bedroom (Its a pretty large room). I have grown accustomed to sleeping with a pillow over my head lol. In the new house though (WE GET THE KEYS MONDAY!!) my small animals get their OWN ROOM! I can't wait. But the rabbits cages will be in my new room (Which is huge..It might be too big lol). And then I will probably have a fish tank or two in there..but all the rodent cages, and reptiles will be in the "Pet room". I will take a picture when its all finished. ( I refuse to photograph my current room..its a huge mess with boxes, and piles of things stacked everywhere.)

At the moment I have:
24 rats (a FN, a Ruud,1 guinea pig cage,a chinchilla cage,and a small Q-tine cage),4 Syrian hamsters (1 2 story hamster cage,1 rat cage,and 1 rabbit cage),3 robo hamsters (10 gallon),5 mice (1 bin cage,3 wire hamster cages),2 birds (large wire cage),1 dwarf hamsters (10 gallon),1 box turtle (75 gallon storage bin),1 Red eared slider (50 gallon storage bin),1 gerbil (bin cage),3 leopard geckos (2 20 gallon tanks, and a 5 gallon w/ a juvenile in it), 1 baby rabbit (A cat crate, free range) Then always 1 cat..usually atleast 5. And every night 5 dogs.

And my two adult male rabbits are in the living room (2 large rabbit cages, usually NIC cages..but they have to have smaller cages til we move), and my 2 hermit crabs are in the living room as well.

So yeah..lol

And the rabbi
« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 11:01:52 PM by Punkygirl0101 »
4 Rats-6 Dogs-3 Ferrets-1 Hamster-2 Box turtles-15 Cats (including fosters)

Offline sawyer_gota_gun

• Menagerie
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2007, 10:30:06 PM »
I have lotsa pets in my room and its not all that big. I've got 14 ducks in thre currently but they're moving outta my room soon. Then I've got 4 hamsters (separate cages for each), 1 cat, usually a rabbit (free range), and soon 3 rats.

Offline ladytiger7647

• Posts Too Much!
  • Amoung the ratless but surrounded by angels
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2007, 11:12:35 PM »

They're in easy view of the TV!
Note to self, get new knobs for the rats' dresser....
RIP The Rat Men

Offline rat_ratscal

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2007, 01:35:47 AM »
my bedroom is disastrous here, and pink  :-X nothing like my other room with my ozzy osbourne posters and stuff  :cheeky: but here it is

the white dresser is mine, full of horses which are usually set up in a specific way, the brown dresser is my sister's, the painting of the brownish horse above it i painted, the other one i didnt, behind my dresser is drywall because my dad is renovating my closet

the hilary fluff poster is my sister's, as is the white board, all the junk on the floor is my sister's, except the rat stuff

i get the top bunk because im older and wiser (the bed is different now because we got duvees for christmas)

side view

closet that's being renovated

did you want pictures of just where the cages are? i can delete the other pictures if that's what you wanted

Offline LOTR_Ratties

• Posts Too Much!
    • Zoe's Hammie Haven
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2007, 03:00:05 PM »
Thanks for the replies everybody, and the photos. :wink5: It's so neat to see where everyone resides and their rattie set-ups! I love being surrounded by my little furry babies. They're better company than a lot of people, I must say, lol. :-X

P.S.-Off topic warning: rascal, you play guitar? I started playing 11 years ago, at 14. I did a lot with it when I was a teenager, and learned to play bass, too. Played in a house band at a popular coffee house for a while, that was cool. Just saw the guitar case, and had to ask. :BlueDumboSmile:
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 03:05:52 PM by LOTR_Ratties »

Offline rat_ratscal

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2007, 09:52:08 PM »
i dont play the least bit, my nails are too long, i played a few strings for 2 days then i forgot which ones were which and i can't remember what letters they all are, plus i gave no effort to try. my dad gave me that guitar a few  years ago for christmas  :BlueDumboSmile:

Offline cassiejamie

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2007, 10:36:06 PM »
Unfortunately there's no way to fit my guinea pigs into my bedroom right now, so it's just the rats, the gerbils, and I:

This is my view everyday while online:

The rats and I play peekaboo sometimes while I hide behind my laptop screen. :D
Mama to:
The Rats: MacKenzie & Konstantin.
The Gerbs: Jack Karnak O'Neill & Daniel Cairo Jackson.
The Cavies: Brownie & Pig (aka Nelson).
Sister to Blouney Cat & Seven.

Rest well, Goofy, and give Crazy a love-slap from me.
I love you, Swirley. I love you, Gaia, Guinevere.

Offline Scubbs

• Posts Too Much!
  • Pick the adoption option!
    • Chelsey's Cozies
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2007, 02:41:30 PM »
These pictures are a little old, since I'm too lazy to go take new ones, but everything's basically the same, just in slightly different spots.  I have the attic bedroom.

Apparently I forgot to remove the broom from the picture  :P

The other side of my room:

<~~ Add Chelsey's Cozies on Facebook!  :)

Offline cassiejamie

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2007, 03:32:24 PM »
Chelsey, I can't decide which I love more - the FN or your room!  Out of curiosity, is that a hamster or gerbs in the tank?
Mama to:

Offline Scubbs

• Posts Too Much!
    • Chelsey's Cozies
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2007, 03:41:13 PM »
It's for my mice  :)

« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 03:44:12 PM by Scubbs »

Offline cassiejamie

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2007, 03:52:41 PM »
Nice!  I couldn't see any little faces before; they're adorable.  And your cat looks like s/he's saying, "Look you've got multiple - just gimme one!" :D
Mama to:

Offline LOTR_Ratties

• Posts Too Much!
    • Zoe's Hammie Haven
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2007, 04:33:58 PM »
These are great everybody, keep 'em coming!! And Chelsey, oh my goodness, I am SO jealous of your room, and your FN!!!!! Your room is really awesome and so colorful, (LOVE the green paint, my favorite color,) mind if I move in? :BlueDumboSmile: It puts my room (and not to mention my cage!) to shame. LOL :bow:

Offline ladytiger7647

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2007, 05:03:52 PM »
I should have taken some pictures of my clean room and clean rattie cage that is now decked out in snowflakes!
RIP The Rat Men

Offline rat_ratscal

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2007, 06:14:48 PM »
how do oyu keep your room clean?!?!!? my room at my mom's house (where i am now) is just boxes, chocolate wrappers, and junk like an inch above my ankles, i dont even know where i got any of it! and can i have your cage? they should invent a show called house swap, first i'd swap with ozzy osbourne, then you

Offline rat_hammie_lover05

• Posts Too Much!
    • Megan's Critter Page
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2007, 06:55:42 PM »
Scubbs- can I move in with you? I absolutely love your room, I'm so jealous. :BlueDumboSmileTongue: I like this thread, I love seeing how other people's rooms are set up (I'm weird). Anyway I no longer have to share my room with anything besides a dog or two or three or..... I kind of miss having animals in my room, but I am a very light sleeper so all the nocturnal critters I keep kept me up all night. I've always had to keep them in my room until last year when my mom bought a house, we looked for a three bedroom eventhough it's just her and I so I could have a pet room. I love having it. I no longer have to worry about what everyone could get into or anything. I will have to take some new pictures tomorrow or this weekend because those aren't all the cages. I constantly change everything around in there (and my bedroom) I get bored.  :P

Okay I was looking at these pictures and it's nothing like it is now so I'll get some more pics.

Offline ladytiger7647

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2007, 07:02:44 PM »
Scubbs, you need to come help me clean and decorate my room. How do you keep it so clean?! I can't wait until I get those boxes of books out of my room! I'll need to post more pictures after a get my new desk. Scubbs, weren't you the one that have these tall containers that have wheels on the bottom for the rat food? Can't remember who it was, I want one for my cat food.
RIP The Rat Men

Offline Kimmiekins

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Rattie Lovin'
    • Rattie Love Rescue
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2007, 07:17:49 PM »

I've been looking for something like this for our rescue area (not the cheap plastic, or the for-the-garage metal/wood type, but something that's got good spaces between shelves, is tall, is sturdy AND looks good!)! Where'd you get it???!?!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 07:19:33 PM by Kimmiekins »
Owner of Rattie Love Rescue in Cincinnati, Ohio
We serve the Tri-State Area (Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana) & beyond
Petfinder | Gift Shop

Offline cassiejamie

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2007, 07:20:13 PM »
I know that structure!  It's from target.  It's in the storage section; it comes as a set of three shelves with the poles so it's 30" high for 20$.  You can stack them two high so it's 60". :)  They come in white, black, and silver.
Mama to:

Offline Scubbs

• Posts Too Much!
    • Chelsey's Cozies
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2007, 07:40:14 PM »
I really, really can't stand clutter or disorganization, so I always clean up after myself, and if I take something out, I put it right back.  Everything has it's spot, and it stays there  :P  Some may consider me anal, but having a clean, organized workspace and bedroom is extremely relaxing to come home to.  Although I do huge cleanings and re-hauls, I basically just tidy up daily. 

I also don't keep things I don't use.  I rarely believe in objectional sentimentality, so again... if I don't use it, it's either trash or sold/given away.  If I have too much of something (which isn't a rare situation for me), excess is given to people who need/want it.  My whole family's very clean  :)  One thing I loathe more than anything, is knick-knacks and other dust collectors.  I used to have a ton of them, and then I realized what I pain they were to dust every week, and how I didn't do anything with them, so they all became trash.  I used to hold on to a lot of stuff for memory sake, but objects/material things aren't memories, they're just things.  So they went out also  :P

LOTR_ratties - the green color is "Tinkerbell" by Behr's Disney paint line, I can't remember for the life of me what the blue is but I know it's from the same line. 

Although they collect a lot of dust, there is one thing I love more than anything that I could never bring myself to throw away (or even give away!) - my books.  I have three floor-to-ceiling book cases.  There are two in the "hallway-ish" part of my room, and one at the top of my stairs (not pictured).

ladytiger7647 - I think that's me that you're thinking of.  I only have one for my Suebee's Mix, though, while the Regal Rat is in a huge storage bin.  Were you thinking of this?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 07:45:16 PM by Scubbs »

Offline rat_ratscal

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2007, 07:48:50 PM »
you've  inspired me, im going to *attempt* to clean my room, even thoguht i have so much stuff it's imposible, i cant give away ANY of my stuff  ::)

Offline ladytiger7647

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2007, 07:53:19 PM »
Way ahead of you rat_ratscal, I already did that when I saw her post...well it's getting there, I just need to put my clothes away.
RIP The Rat Men

Offline Scubbs

• Posts Too Much!
    • Chelsey's Cozies
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2007, 07:57:46 PM »
you've  inspired me, im going to *attempt* to clean my room, even thoguht i have so much stuff it's imposible, i cant give away ANY of my stuff  ::)

It will more than likely be a little hard at first because there's so much stuff to go through, but once it's all done, you only have to tidy up a little everyday.  Sometimes when I'm super busy, or I'm sick and don't feel up to cleaning, my room becomes a pit (well, as much as my room can possibly become a pit), when I finally go to clean it... it's completely over-whelming.  Once you get started and get into it, you'll realize how much junk you really have!  :yelcutelaugh:  I was always amazed with how much stuff I was able to throw away.  I don't know about anyone else, but having a lot of stuff, being disorganized, and having an unclean living space honestly makes me feel weighed down mentally.  Sometimes it really sucks to force yourself to clean, but you're always happy you did in the end  :)

P.S. - I absolutely love your pink room!  I love stripes, and pink is my favorite color  :heart: