Author Topic: Bedroom/Rodentry, LOL!  (Read 175719 times)

Offline RatDude55

• Posts Too Much!
    • blogs ahve titles like this
Re: Bedroom/Rodentry, LOL!
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2008, 01:34:10 AM »
Um, Ratdude, where's the floor? Methinks you do need to clean.

heh, I have been. I'm scrubbing the walls and floors. I lowered the cage closer to the ground because I want to make a safe play area.
I took that pic.. Im thinking after I went skiing.

Archie: agouti hooded, satin
Jughead: black hooded, alpha
Patrick: agouti berk, pale tipped tail, koopa troopa of the castle
Buckley: agouti capped, rex
Captain: chesnut berk, tipped tail, rex

Rest well little paws, the Original Bonaparte

Offline eveliens

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2008, 11:08:34 PM »
I don't really have any pictures right now and can't take any because of guests, but here goes:

On wall one, closest to the door, I have a 20Long fish tank with a syrian hamster on the bottom rung of the stand. Next to that I have a 29 gallon fish tank with a 10 gallon fish tank on the bottom rung.

Wall two, I have my dresser with a 10 gallon fish tank, my 40 breeder lizard tank, and my FN (which has food and litter beneath it).

Wall three, I have a 55 gallon fish tank and a stand with the large, red ALT rat cage. Also, there is a window, my bed, and a small book case. There is also a 15 gallon fish tank on the floor in front of the rat cage. My sunfish likes eating whatever they drop in there  :cheeky:

Wall four, it's closets. Which doesn't stop me. In the closets I have 5 bin cages (4 fem. mice, male mouse, male mouse, fem african soft furred rat, male asfrat) and a small ferret cage for my recently neutered boy. Also, there are three empty 20 gallon fish tanks in there.

Also, in the vanity, I have two male bettas. I used to have my birds upstairs in my room too, until an accident happened, and now they live downstairs on my (other) bookcase. My spare bedroom is full of empty cages and tanks and such. I'm about ready to CL them, because I can see only two uses for them: holding my animals, in which I'd need more animals (and I don't; that was my new years resolution) or bringing in some money, which I need much more.

I'm usually a very sound sleeper, btw, as are my two, old, deaf dogs. Wheels and thumps and squeaks don't bother me at all.
Why does the sucker inn never seem to close?

Offline ladytiger7647

• Posts Too Much!
  • Amoung the ratless but surrounded by angels
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2008, 11:32:54 AM »
Um, Ratdude, where's the floor? Methinks you do need to clean.

heh, I have been. I'm scrubbing the walls and floors. I lowered the cage closer to the ground because I want to make a safe play area.
I took that pic.. Im thinking after I went skiing.

Well go faster!  :yelcutelaugh: My room isn't that clean anymore but today I'm trying to clean everything before my family comes over for my sister's birthday party.
RIP The Rat Men

Offline fluffy pluffy

• Posts Too Much!
  • Proud pet nerd.
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2008, 12:32:37 AM »
You guys should visit my room sometime...It's worse! I unfortunately don't have any pics right now,as I can't find my camera cord for downloading the pictures! Agh!  :doh: I saw everyone's cages, AMAZING!  :bow: My cages are quite un-fancy comapared to those. :help:
I've noticed the fancy mouse cage the most. I'm starting to miss my mice...  :sad11: :sad3: :love9: But there's no way I can talk my mom into getting another mouse or 2,since she barely puts up with my current pets:a dog,4 cats,2 rats,a bird,and one rabbit. *Sigh*
((Dragons are magically hidden within words below. o: ))

-->Magic Blue Words<--

Offline fluffy pluffy

• Posts Too Much!
  • Proud pet nerd.
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2008, 12:34:01 AM »
Forgot to mention that you guys look like you own private pet-shops! :hyper:
How do you keep up with them all? ??? :o

-->Magic Blue Words<--

Offline ozzysmama

• Posts Too Much!
    • MYSPACE
« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2008, 12:49:16 AM »
How's this for boring?!?!?!

I, too, am a NEAT FREAK and SUPER ANAL about my house. I drive my own self crazy!!!
*Our Brewd*
R*I*P Zero~09/13/07-04/09/07
2 Ratties~Jack & Ozzy
1 Mini LH doxie~Daisy Mae
1 Beta~Carl
3 Amazing Kiddos~Taylor, Kaylie, & AJ
and that one little something they call a husband~my Allan

Offline cerulean.blue

• Posts Too Much!
  • I'm up and dressed... What more do you want?
« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2008, 11:48:49 AM »
Here's mine:

That's from the doorway. Not pictured is my aquarium (dwarf clawed frogs) to my left and my terrarium (White's Tree Frog) to my right.

You guys have really great setups! Scubbs, I'm really jealous of your FNs and your really clean room!!

Offline LivingPinCushion

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2008, 05:15:08 PM »
Here is my rat wall ^^
I have 11 rats but one is still in Qtine at my boyfriends before she enters the rat room.
Ratkids- Bowser the Koopa king (WLLW), Iggy Von Koopa(WLLW), Ganondorf (rescue), Keaton (HVRR rescue), Poe (HVRR rescue), Moblin (HVRR rescue), Stalfos (HVRR rescue), Smeagol (rescue), Gollum(rescue), Boo (lab rescue), Lakitu (lab rescue), Bob omb (lab rescue).

Offline MsMagpie

• Posts Too Much!
  • Angle checks to see if Yoda's home.
    • Epilogue Rat Haven
« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2008, 04:11:51 PM »
Here was us at capacity:

Starting at top left: storage bin cage has two female mice; small cage with purple base had expecting momma, then a shelf for food and books, supplies, etc.; then a cage with a litter of babies. Medium cage with green base had post quarentine/pre large cage girls, large cage is the main home for everyone. Also note the small collection of stuffed ratties  :BlueDumboSmileTongue: the shop vac (must have!) and the nice collection of carriers.

Here's the rat closet:

Big bag of fleece for hammies! Right behind that is a big bag of boxes, paper towel rolls, etc, but you can't see it. Aspen, and a nice box for carrying dishes downstairs for washing. The top drawer of the flie thing is cage supplies, like zip ties, bottles, bottle holders, wheels, etc. Bottom drawer is treats and chews. Yes, a whole drawer! Then we've got some food and litter litter hanging out, and the shelf holds more good, formula, and cleaning supplies. I'm almost completely happy with the closet finally!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 04:13:33 PM by MsMagpie »
Adopt a rat today!
http://www.epiloguerats.com

Offline fluffy pluffy

• Posts Too Much!
  • Proud pet nerd.
« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2008, 10:40:39 PM »
Here's mine:

That's from the doorway. Not pictured is my aquarium (dwarf clawed frogs) to my left and my terrarium (White's Tree Frog) to my right.

You guys have really great setups! Scubbs, I'm really jealous of your FNs and your really clean room!!

Don't your rats pull the curtains and chew on them? ???
(Nice cage, by the way. :) )

-->Magic Blue Words<--

Offline LOTR_Ratties

• Posts Too Much!
  • Life ends when we become silent about what matters
    • Zoe's Hammie Haven
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2008, 03:12:55 PM »
If they don't chew on the curtains, you are lucky! I had curtains behind my rat cage when I first got them, and woke up one morning and the half by them had been pulled into the cage, and was almost half gone! ::) Nice curtains, too, pity. :P

Offline paulina

• i just wanted to say something beautiful.
    • personal myspace.
« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2008, 04:03:18 PM »
I thought I had too many cages in my room, but looking at some of your setups, my room is empty! No rats because blahblahblah - my mom's dumb, but I do have three hamsters. And this thread motivated me to clean up my room a little bit.

my room's small and has an awkward shape so furniture is a pain, i have to walk on my bed when it's out (futon), and even a shirt out of place makes it look like a mess!

from the doorway.

also from the doorway, but different angle.

from window on the turquoise wall.

Offline fluffy pluffy

• Posts Too Much!
  • Proud pet nerd.
« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2008, 10:17:42 PM »
If they don't chew on the curtains, you are lucky! I had curtains behind my rat cage when I first got them, and woke up one morning and the half by them had been pulled into the cage, and was almost half gone! ::) Nice curtains, too, pity. :P
I've experinced that,when my mom moved the rats to the kitchen.. "Those were my favorite curtains! How are you going to replace those now?" Of course,she loves the rats about as much as I do,so she forgot about it almost the next day. :yelcutelaugh: I was in luck. ;)

-->Magic Blue Words<--

Offline reachthestars

• former RPer- phoenix
« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2008, 10:42:31 PM »
Haha, this thread almost (ALMOST) makes me miss having my rats in my bedroom. NOT! :P. I love them having their own room, keeps my mess out of their area ;). Tomorrow's room cleaning day, so I'll get some pictures of their space.

For now, enjoy some pictures from when the rats and I were roommates :D.

Hard to believe all that was for 3 rats, huh? I had 2 in the Martin's and 1 in the top half of the FN.

Taken from the door of my bedroom at my parent's place. It's so strange to see it now... All that's left in that room is an air mattress  :eek:

At the bridge : Kermit, Scooter, Lestat, Tsume, Amelia, Belle, Siam

Offline Brandie

« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2008, 02:47:57 AM »
Haha, this thread almost (ALMOST) makes me miss having my rats in my bedroom. NOT! :P. I love them having their own room, keeps my mess out of their area ;). Tomorrow's room cleaning day, so I'll get some pictures of their space.

For now, enjoy some pictures from when the rats and I were roommates :D.

Hard to believe all that was for 3 rats, huh? I had 2 in the Martin's and 1 in the top half of the FN.

Taken from the door of my bedroom at my parent's place. It's so strange to see it now... All that's left in that room is an air mattress  :eek:

Which Martins Cage is that? Is it the 695?
It's a good size comparrison to the FN  ;)

Offline reachthestars

• former RPer- phoenix
« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2008, 01:41:25 PM »

Yup, that's the R-695 ;)

At the bridge : Kermit, Scooter, Lestat, Tsume, Amelia, Belle, Siam

Offline LOTR_Ratties

• Posts Too Much!
    • Zoe's Hammie Haven
« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2008, 02:00:01 PM »
Wow I didn't realize how big it was! It's nice to see it next to the FN for a comparison, like Brandie said. Might have to look into one of those... wonder if it would fit on my dresser like my current cage...? I really want my boys to have more space. Hmmm.... :-\

Offline odeya

« Reply #67 on: January 18, 2008, 02:24:19 PM »

Lol, we moved this fall and had to live with my in-laws for six weeks between homes. I got up one morning to find this...

The guilt pair (who obviously do not feel very guilty ;))

I made my husband tell...it was his mom after all...and she scares me ;D.

Kerri

Izzy & Lola

Offline LOTR_Ratties

• Posts Too Much!
    • Zoe's Hammie Haven
« Reply #68 on: January 18, 2008, 03:24:28 PM »

The guilt pair (who obviously do not feel very guilty ;))

Yep, that looks about right...  :yelcutelaugh: :wink5:

Offline cerulean.blue

• Posts Too Much!
  • I'm up and dressed... What more do you want?
« Reply #69 on: January 18, 2008, 10:42:47 PM »
Here's mine:

Don't your rats pull the curtains and chew on them? ???
(Nice cage, by the way. :) )

Yes, but those had been previously "modified" by Toby (he loved my window sill), so I just decided to let them go. lol. I did wash them before the new boys got ahold of them though.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 10:45:49 PM by luv-animals »

Offline Scubbs

• Posts Too Much!
  • Pick the adoption option!
    • Chelsey's Cozies
« Reply #70 on: January 19, 2008, 01:07:05 AM »
I see no new pictures, reachthestars!  :poke:
  <~~ Add Chelsey's Cozies on Facebook!  :)

Offline Brandie

« Reply #71 on: January 19, 2008, 02:50:35 AM »

Yup, that's the R-695 ;)

Awesome, thank you! That's the cage I've been looking into getting for my girls.

Offline LOTR_Ratties

• Posts Too Much!
    • Zoe's Hammie Haven
« Reply #72 on: January 19, 2008, 12:59:25 PM »
I see no new pictures, reachthestars!  :poke:

Me either.... *ahem* :poke:

Offline wickedrodent

• Posts Too Much!
  • "Its not always rainbows and butterflies"
    • Wicked's Crochet Cozies
« Reply #73 on: January 20, 2008, 02:18:38 PM »
Hehe, my room's freakin' crammed with pets lol.
Here's one angle of my room, where the FN is (i'm standing in my doorway--yes, i know my room looks like a 2 year olds lol complete with a little mermaid pillowcase, and winnie the pooh dominating the room lol). The FN is in the far left hand corner, on top of that is my toad's cage, in the bottom left hand corner (although you can't really see it) is my bearded dragon's tank, underneath my bed is my 2 guinea pig's cage (with a hamster cage on top), next to that is my chinchilla's cage, in the bottom right hand corner is my other 2 rats are residing, behind that (which you can't see really) is my hermit crabs tank, and on the nightstand between my bed and the FN is a fish tank lol.

Needless to say, my room isn't the quietest place to sleep in.... ::)

That guinea pig cage is way way way too small! The minimum size for 2 guinea pigs is 28in x56in. Try checking out this site-- www.guineapigcages.com

I'm going to run and get pictures of my room with the cage shown.. and the hallway outside with the cage. heh.

Offline LOTR_Ratties

• Posts Too Much!
    • Zoe's Hammie Haven
« Reply #74 on: January 20, 2008, 05:08:17 PM »
That guinea pig cage is way way way too small! The minimum size for 2 guinea pigs is 28in x56in. Try checking out this site-- www.guineapigcages.com

I'm going to run and get pictures of my room with the cage shown.. and the hallway outside with the cage. heh.

Oh my, thank you SO much for noticing and speaking up about that Wicky!! Yes, please take the time to visit that link. That site has a great message board as well, where you can ask any questions left unanswered, and you can learn a lot, too. I'm glad Wicky will be posting photos here of her piggers cage. You can see my 2 piggies 28"x70" C&C cage as well, on the first post of this thread.