Author Topic: fleece bedding  (Read 950 times)

Offline 3ratlover

fleece bedding
« on: January 07, 2008, 05:28:29 PM »
I see that a lot of you use fleece bedding.  I am wondering if it is something you buy that is specifically made for bedding or do you go to the fabric store and buy a piece of it.  If you go to the fabric store do you just lay it in the cage or do you cut it up into small pieces like paper bedding?

Offline ratface

Re: fleece bedding
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 07:38:14 PM »
I got most of mine in the form of fleece blankets from a cheapo clothing/home furnishing store we have in the UK, costs about $4 for enough to cover 2 pans in my Ferret Nations. I sewed mine into giant pillow cases that the trays slide into, though a determined bunch of rats will chew it up anyway :P

Offline Doxiepit

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 07:52:29 PM »
If you have a dollar tree they rock. I get the fleece baby blankets they sell cheap and cut them into  smaller blankets they work great last forever and are cheap. I also will grab fleece at walmart when its on sale and cut that into smaller blankets .

Offline RatDude55

• Posts Too Much!
    • blogs ahve titles like this
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 12:03:33 AM »
yeah dollar stores usually have cheap fleece. I take them out of the package and line them up on top of eachother and then cut the singer brainding around the edges.. the sewn part, and then those get made into braids or these cool toys I make. Then you have a pretty big sheet for make hammocks outof.

I usually put them in the cage right away. After 4-5 washes they should absorb the pee and water instead of being waterproof
Archie: agouti hooded, satin
Jughead: black hooded, alpha
Patrick: agouti berk, pale tipped tail, koopa troopa of the castle
Buckley: agouti capped, rex
Captain: chesnut berk, tipped tail, rex

Rest well little paws, the Original Bonaparte

Offline cassiejamie

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 01:44:30 AM »
I get mine from both the dollar store and Joann Fabrics.  I just lay them over the cage, clip them in place, and that's it. :)
Mama to:
The Rats: MacKenzie & Konstantin.
The Gerbs: Jack Karnak O'Neill & Daniel Cairo Jackson.
The Cavies: Brownie & Pig (aka Nelson).
Sister to Blouney Cat & Seven.

Rest well, Goofy, and give Crazy a love-slap from me.
I love you, Swirley. I love you, Gaia, Guinevere.

Offline 3ratlover

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 06:59:33 PM »
Can anyone post a picture of how they use the fleece bedding in their cages?  I am getting a ferret nation cage so if anyone uses fleece in them can you please post a picture of how you use it in it?

Offline Katherose

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2008, 07:18:08 PM »
Can anyone post a picture of how they use the fleece bedding in their cages?  I am getting a ferret nation cage so if anyone uses fleece in them can you please post a picture of how you use it in it?

Look in the Home Sweet Home section. There's a thread with pictures of Ferret Nations. Most of them use fleece.
RIP: FizGig, Whimsy, Pixel, Ned, Bod, Cricket, Alice, and Valentine.

Offline songfornemo

• Ritten
  • Yakka Yakka A Cha Cha!! :D
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2008, 12:11:43 AM »
I got most of mine in the form of fleece blankets from a cheapo clothing/home furnishing store we have in the UK, costs about $4 for enough to cover 2 pans in my Ferret Nations. I sewed mine into giant pillow cases that the trays slide into, though a determined bunch of rats will chew it up anyway :P

Hi Ratface,

Can you tell me which store you got your fleece from? Also, where you got your ferret nation? I'm from the UK too and would really like a FN ^^

SFN ~
Rainbow Bridge: Nemo, Nickodemus, Hamish, Genie, Tori, Zeus, Troy, Athena, Himiko & Kai ~

Muffin Castle: Torro, Frappa & Cappa

Offline ErmimDom

• Bluey and Louix
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2008, 02:40:56 PM »
 Ye ratface could you please tell me too as i am from the UK too and i love FN cages but cant seem to find them anywhere also is the cheap clothing store like a dunelm or something?

Thanks ! :thumbsup2: