Author Topic: Bunnies in need - IL  (Read 9951 times)

Offline LoriV

Bunnies in need - IL
« on: January 16, 2008, 12:09:33 AM »
I pulled some bunnies from a local shelter (southwest suburb of Chicago) because they are not a no-kill and had an overabundance.  Five went out yesterday to other rescues, and I have 2 more in my kitchen that were supposed to move out tomorrow.  However, the potential new adopters sound as if they plan to breed (speaking with foster go-between), so I'm in need of homes again.  The doe is a huge silver girl with tall ears and comes with a bonus - 5 less than a week old babies.  The buck is also huge, housed separately, and is white with tan rings around his eyes. 

I'm allergic to bunnies.  I'm having a hard time breathing, but knowing it was only for a couple of days, I thought I'd take the chance.  With this kink in plans, is there anyone out there that can help?!   

Offline Ratlovingkippy06

• Posts Too Much!
  • Thats alright my rat thinks your groose too:)
    • Rat photos
Re: Bunnies in need - IL
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 12:28:05 AM »
I am in Gurnee IL about an hour from Chicago toward WI border. I just took in a dutch female 2 days ago and there is an adoption event that im taking her to this saturday. I can't keep them but maybe i could foster them for you? or get them off your hands and rehome them. Let me know. I have had only 2 rabbits in my life i am about to turn 20, animal care major( just starting off). BUt my female who past last year was between 10-12 years old and my female that i have right now is about to be 10 this year. MY aunt is a rabbit expert in Denver.
Do you have cages for them at all?? I can see what i can do. I may have some friends that could also help. I work at a petsmart so i have some people that i could talk to to see if we could take them.
Where are you??
R.I.P- Shadow, Apollo, Boo,Meka, Mandy, Remy, Kayla, Mia, Lexi, Sable, Romeo,Winstin, Sam, Missy  Annie,Selene, Leo, Juilet, Zeus Emma,Helen, Oreo, V, Troy, Hope, Beauty.

Offline LoriV

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 12:51:02 AM »
I'm in New Lenox.  The cages they are currently in can go with them.  Whatever help you can give would be greatly appreciated.  :bow:

Offline Ratlovingkippy06

• Posts Too Much!
    • Rat photos
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 02:10:35 AM »
yah your about an hour and half away from me. What can i do to help? like i said before i just took in a female dutch that im planning on trying to adopt out this weekend. As long as they have cages. Is the mother nursing the babies?? If you can give me an idea on how big the cages are so i can make sure i can find room. I know you are in a large rush to get them out of them out of the house but is there any way you could hang in there till i rehome the female i have. I also will go and talk to some people who i know have taken in and fostered rabbits before. How busy are you this week? Do you have any pictures? The soon i get pictures the better than maybe i could try rehoming the male this weekend as well. Have they seen a vet? As far as you know are they healthy?
R.I.P- Shadow, Apollo, Boo,Meka, Mandy, Remy, Kayla, Mia, Lexi, Sable, Romeo,Winstin, Sam, Missy  Annie,Selene, Leo, Juilet, Zeus Emma,Helen, Oreo, V, Troy, Hope, Beauty.

Offline Ratlovingkippy06

• Posts Too Much!
    • Rat photos
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 05:56:41 AM »
I just wanted to let you i will be talking to someone on sat. who is suppost to have a LOt of connections. I will keep you posted i have been talking to people and so far everyone has told me that the lady i will meet on saturday is the best hope. she has fostered many rabbits before. Let me know if anything changes. Have you tired rabbitsonline. net or the Chicago ASCPA??

Offline LoriV

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 09:19:40 AM »
Thanks so much for the offer of help.  However, I was out all day yesterday and when I came home, I had a response from an animal sanctuary that I had inquired of and they can take the mom, babies, and the dad!  Yay!   It's such a relief for myself (and my lungs!).  :)

Offline Ratlovingkippy06

• Posts Too Much!
    • Rat photos
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008, 08:01:28 PM »
im soo glad. My own experience is getting out of hand, the girl may have babies or has had babies we won't know for 30 days.. and she has ringworm. So i have my hands full as well. IM glad you got them all safe and sound.

Wish me luck.
Kaytie

Offline LoriV

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2008, 05:28:17 AM »
Good luck.  I have a little guinea pig girl that came to me with ringworm.  I know what you're going through, but it really wasn't so bad.   You have a good heart to take her on and she'll appreciate you for the comfort you give her.