Author Topic: I am am going to be a new rat owner and I am wondering are these good toys and..  (Read 1034 times)

Offline 123chewyp

Do you guys think these would be fun and good for rats to play with?
http://www.petco.com/product/11330/Ferret-Frenzy-Toys.aspx
Do you have any or know anybody that has any if so how is it and do your rats like it? I dont own rats yet but my family is planning to buy three males soon and we have done tons of research. What would be a good cage for them that will last a long time and is very bare with almost no shelves or anything in it. We would like to make it very bird cage like with lots of hammocks,baskets,toys and other stuff hanging around.

Offline trubandloki

• Posts Too Much!
Those toys look fine. 

I tend to buy cat toys as they are cheaper.

Or better yet, the free toilet paper rolls.  I shove a treat inside that I have wrapped in paper and then crimp the ends shut and hang it some where in the cage.  That gives them some fun.

Why do you want a cage that has no shelves/levels?  I think having enough floor space is important. 

Offline mufasa

• My Flickr Pictures
I purchased that set for my girls.  Remy packs the balls around in her mouth.  It's rather cute!   :rattysmiley:
Boy Ratties~ Possum, Sammie, and Milo
Spiny Mice ~ Mozzarella and Cheddar
Hamster ~ Bear and Krug
Turtle ~ Sheldon
Pug~ Oscar
Flickr Pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/23003863@N06/

Offline jbenirsc

I just purchased a Ferret Nation 141 which can fit 6 rats (just in case you decide to add to your family ;D) and it has enough floor space (which I agree is important), but also has tons of room for hanging all sorts of things.  A lot of people in this community have them.  Check out this very long thread for great pictures of these cages (many are the bigger model 142).  http://www.goosemoose.com/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,118/forum,rat/topic,4016204.0

And good for you for doing your research!  :D

Offline veghippie7

Rats are pretty simple to make happy sometimes. For example, I'm making them a box castle. I've been saving tons of boxes for them. And you know what? They couldn't be any happier! My girls also loveeeeee tunnels.  They chewed their last one so I made them a knew one.  But really, any toy they'll be pretty happy with.
I'm owned by three man-rats: Remus, Romulus, and Ratatouille (aka Sweet Boy)

RIP Nakia, Calista, Io, Kiki, Reia, and Itzy <3

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."

Offline RNPaulie

• Posts Too Much!
My younger boys really like those cat balls that are plastic with the bell inside. Make sure you get the ones with the holes so they can pick them up and carry them around.. Brady loves to "rearrange" the placement of his toys, picking them up and putting them in a pile, or putting them in the water dish and then playing in the water lol.. The best toy is scraps of fleece! I have boxes under their cage with liners, hammocks etc and one basket is full of scraps- I open the door and they reach down and help themselves to the scraps.. :yelcutelaugh:

Proud Mom to 
Corbin,Zac,Lucas,Noah and Liam
miss you Melka and Brady..

Offline RNPaulie

• Posts Too Much!
They also love to chase feathers at playtime

Proud Mom to 
Corbin,Zac,Lucas,Noah and Liam
miss you Melka and Brady..