Author Topic: Absorbent/odor control shelf liners  (Read 716 times)

Offline alleycat12321

• Oh Rats!
Absorbent/odor control shelf liners
« on: January 18, 2008, 01:24:44 PM »
When I make my shelf liners in my cages, I put odor controlled and liquid absorbent material in them.  It's not too expensive and works REALLY well..  i was wondering if anyone would like to buy these or not.  I didn't post in the "swap meet" area cause I'm making sure anyone would actually want them before I order more stuff to make them.

Here's a little info on them-
medium thickness
many fabric designs
absorbs "wee"
controls odor
Machine washable
Non-toxic
Re-usable

I'm not sure about prices yet, It would depend on the size needed.  I made one for my 12'x16' shelf for about $5.00??...

Just thought I'd offer... let me know =D
<-- Click Please!

Offline mandycoot

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Absorbent/odor control shelf liners
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 02:50:22 PM »
Can you explain exactly what material you use?

Offline alleycat12321

• Oh Rats!
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 04:00:57 PM »
I first found it in puppy training pads and then searched for the details.  It also is in some fabrics (though MUCH more expensive) and a lot of pet related uses.  I did my research, to make sure it would not harm the rats if they were to ingest it.  I have not been using it very long, that is why I am not going to make/sell them quite yet... I want to make sure I am only giving the best to people.  I just want to know if anyone would want them.  I can keep you guys updated on how they work as I go.  So far we have had one trip in the washing machine and everything seems great... they take a while to dry but that's understandable.  We put them in the drying but ended up hanging them to dry completely since we have coin opp. laundry!  They seemed just as fresh as the first time!  Andy other info i can give you guys?
<-- Click Please!

Offline Lise

• Posts Too Much!
  • Animal Crazed
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 09:39:26 PM »
Sounds great, but if it is incredibly expensive material when you add in that + your time to get the cost it might be more than most people could afford?
|| Lise ||

The Boy: Simon  The Girls: Arizona | Karma | Pepper | Penelope 

& Always Remembered: Molly, Nora, Tevy, Lucy, Guinness, Seagram, Pixie, Cleopatra, Skye, Bella, Juno, Sasha, Gibson

Offline alleycat12321

• Oh Rats!
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 10:47:13 PM »
It's not too expensive actually.  And if you buy more, it's cheaper.  I'm sure it would be very affordable!  How much do people usually charge for regular shelf liners? 
<-- Click Please!

Offline mandycoot

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2008, 02:39:07 AM »
It sounds wonderful, but I'm incredibly cautious about what I put in my rats' cage, especially if they could ingest it. I'm sure you are positive about it's safety but I'm afraid I'd have to do my own research as well, just to feel secure. Of course, I know that you might worry about people stealing your idea if you mention the product, but I don't think I could make a purchase without knowing.

Offline alleycat12321

• Oh Rats!
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2008, 01:36:25 PM »
Totally understandable.  i was worried myself when I first saw it, but looked into the product more and was feeling a bit better about it.  My rats have not chewed through to it, and I don't think they will... so I'm not worried.  My little ones don't chew like crazy though, which I know some ratties do.  if you are interested, I could PM you the name if you would like to do some research on it.  up to you  ;D
<-- Click Please!