Author Topic: Ferret Nation??  (Read 13489 times)

Offline Ratty Krazy

• Posts Too Much!
Ferret Nation??
« on: January 23, 2008, 04:14:00 PM »
Hello there.  Not only do I have rats but I have a rabbit also.  He's a pretty small rabbit that is litter box trained.  I'm thinking about getting a Ferret Nation cage and putting my ratties on top and my bunny boy on the bottom level.  He gets a lot of out time  so he woudln't be stuck in there all the time but, I was wondering if it would be okay for a bunny to be in the bottom part of a Ferret nation?????
My rats think you are gross too!!
<:3)~  <:3)~  <:3)~  <:3)~  <:3)~

Offline fakesalt

• Smile! :)
Re: Ferret Nation??
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 01:53:53 PM »
I'm not a bunny expert, but I  think that having two species in the same cage, separated or not, is just asking for trouble. Even if you did give him tons of out time, I'm guessing he will be in there at night, about 8 hours of being in there. I would just buy a large cage made for rabbits, not a cage for ferrets and rats. :)

*edited because I can't type
« Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 01:57:57 PM by fakesalt »

Offline Gypsyrags

• The road to my heart is paved with paws...
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 07:40:52 AM »
ive seen folks on here have rabbits in the ferret nations or critter nations but they have two side by side so that the rabbit has the entire bottom as like double the width it seems to work . and with rats on the top if you put a pan in the top layer they shouldnt be able to get bellow and you bun probly wont be the one picking the fight.
In rescuing animals I've lost my mind, but found my soul.

Offline kukupecpec

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 10:04:05 PM »
I know this is old, but just in case anyone new checks out this thread to see if they can use a FN for a bunny -

I have 4 bunnies, each pair of them live in 3 double ferret nation cages attached side by side.
This gives them 9 ft to run from side to side when caged at night, and there are 2 "mini levels" 6 ft long each so they have plenty of room. they are medium sized rabbits and have no problem navigating and running around like a toddler on a sugar high. I had a flemish giant in one of these set ups once and the only problem I encountered was the small hole in the corner meant for the ramp wasn't large enough for him to slip through quickly when jumping. You could make the hole larger on your own by cutting it larger, but we just took out the bottom all together and added our own level so he could jump up all on his own.