Author Topic: Rabbits  (Read 3293 times)

Offline curlygirlmadie12

• Ritten
Rabbits
« on: January 29, 2008, 06:15:08 PM »
Can rabbits attract rats because my friend's rabbit was outside when a big rat walked underneath the gate and her mom was soo scared!She was wondering about this question.   :BlueDumboBigEyes:

Offline mandycoot

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Rabbits
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 07:01:50 PM »
This sounds like a case of correlation not implying causation. ;) Rats generally stay away from any animal not prey to them. Judging by the behavior of the rat, it sounds like this may have been a domestic rat that was let go. :( I hope someone compassionate is able to trap him and find him a safe home.

Offline NutKitty

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 10:15:18 PM »
I remember a huge rat running across my parent's porch as my sister and I were leaving for school one morning.  Plenty of cats around and such - but the (very wild) rat didn't care.  Heh.

Offline Jennicat

• Hogswoggled.
    • All Creatures Rescue and Sanctuary
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 10:47:54 PM »
Any place where there's food may attract a rat.  A rabbit hutch full of hay, pellets, and vegetables could certainly "attract" a rat, but no more so than a kitchen full of food!
1 dog, 1 cat, 2 rats, 3 guinea pigs -- and a horde of fosters.

Adopt before you Shop!
http://www.allcreaturesrescue.org

Offline Eileen

• Forum Enabler
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Be nice to someone today!
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 05:26:08 PM »
I remember a huge rat running across my parent's porch as my sister and I were leaving for school one morning.  Plenty of cats around and such - but the (very wild) rat didn't care.  Heh.

Yep! We had a rat (wild) in our old apartment; I have 3 cats. He would come by every night & stick his head out of a hole in the ceiling that the landlord hadn't repaired. My cats would sit on the refrigerator waiting for him, and the rat wasn't bothered at all by the 3 cats.
Gulliver's Travels  may be over, but they will never be forgotten..