Author Topic: Graphic Artist or Traditional Artist needed for project...  (Read 390 times)

Offline ratresq

• TheRatShop.com - TheSocialRat.com - RattieRatz.com
    • The Rat Shop
Graphic Artist or Traditional Artist needed for project...
« on: February 11, 2008, 10:41:59 PM »
Hi,

This is Diane from TheRatShop.com or RattieRatz.org for those of you who might not know me - "hi!"

I am finally beginning to work on a very special project...well, actually 2 special projects, that I have been meaning/wanting to do for years and I am finally finding myself able to step back from my duties at Rattie Ratz a bit to spend so time to try to get these other two projects launched. They are still on the DL but they both mean a lot to me, just like Rattie Ratz and The Rat Shop both meant a lot to me when I started them and still mean a lot to me now. These 2 new projects will sort of be in the same vein - all being rat related but having a slightly different target and purpose.

Without letting out too much information, because I am hoping for it to kind of be a surprise and I don't want to get people's hopes up if it takes me a little longer than planned to really get it jump started, I am currently hoping to recruit some like minded rat folk who are willing and able to help me with the artsy side of things. I really need help with websites, graphic design, logos, etc. I have the idea and the vision and *some* financing to get it jumpstarted but I need help with the "image" end of things.

I know there are a ton of very talented folks on this forum so I am hoping to tug at the heartstrings of any of them...several of them...who might want to contact me for a bit more information and maybe jump on board for what promises to be a fun little adventure in starting something fun, creative, new, and all about RATS!!!

PLMK if this sounds game for anyone out there!!

Diane
Diane Nesom
www.RattieRatz.com
www.TheRatShop.com
www.TheSocialRat.com

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world, indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
-Margaret Mead

Offline carrot_wench

• my VegWeb profile
Re: Graphic Artist or Traditional Artist needed for project...
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 12:48:54 PM »
 :wave2:

----> Senior Graphic Design student at the University of Northern Iowa here!

I'd love to help out...I actually need a few "pet projects" for a portfolio refinement class this semester, and this is just the sort of thing I had in mind.  Feel free to browse my gallery at http://thecymbalwench.deviantart.com/gallery/ ...and if you like whatcha see, or if you have any questions for me, send me an email and let me know if I can hop on board!  :BlueDumboSmile:
"You may say I'm a dreamer
but I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
and the world will live as one"

Offline Leonakitty

• Posts Too Much!
  • Animal are my friends, and I don't eat my friends.
    • Leona's Art
Re: Graphic Artist or Traditional Artist needed for project...
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 01:45:21 PM »
I am the Store Artist/Graphic Designer for my Whole Foods.
I tend to want to do more illustration type stuff in my off time.
I'm doing rat portraits and some work for rescues, currently.

I'm over at http://leona.deviantart.com if you want to check it out.
If you need logos/web graphics, I could do some cute digital rats for you.
It may take some time (I get distracted!) but I would be keen to help.

PM if you're interested!
Melissa