Author Topic: 8 babies in IL Up for adoption PIc* avaiable now  (Read 2310 times)

Offline Ratlovingkippy06

• Posts Too Much!
  • Thats alright my rat thinks your groose too:)
    • Rat photos
8 babies in IL Up for adoption PIc* avaiable now
« on: February 14, 2008, 09:32:02 PM »
Hi,
I have 8 babies total, 5 boys and 3 girls. The story behind the mom rat is i wanted to foster a mom and babies to get some experience  without having to breed even more unwanted animals in shelters. The mom came from a lady who had 50 rats, all ranges of colors, rex, dumbo and they were going to be killed, frozen or live feeders. I took in the mom and rex, i knew the mom was due and she happened to give birth the day she was suppost to be getting her. I got her that day with the babies hours old which is why i didn't touch the babies at first. I didn't want the mom to turn on the babies so i waited a few days and got the trust of the mom. After 3 to 4 days i started picking the babies up everyday. The babies are now 3 weeks old, as big as a mouse or bigger and mom is very sweet. I believe the mom is 3 to 4 months old, she is very young and is the same size of my two young females that were born dec.6. She loves to get away and play with the two sisters and i may keep the mom with the 2 females in the end. The babies are just as good, they can jump, eat on their own, drink on their own and when i call them they come out and stand up next to the glass on the tank and jump up to see me.

6 are the babies are cream and white like their mom while 2 males are brown/black mix and white. They are all social, loving and need some good homes. I can travel, their is a fee of 10 per a rat and 15 for two. I do ask that you show that you have at least one other rat if not get two. I would also like to see the  cage, what food you feed, what being you use and if you have a rat vet.

I will have more pictures up soon :  :thumbsup2: :wave2:
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 12:46:24 AM by Ratlovingkippy211 »
R.I.P- Shadow, Apollo, Boo,Meka, Mandy, Remy, Kayla, Mia, Lexi, Sable, Romeo,Winstin, Sam, Missy  Annie,Selene, Leo, Juilet, Zeus Emma,Helen, Oreo, V, Troy, Hope, Beauty.

Offline beanjelly

• Posts Too Much!
Re: 8 babies in IL Up for adoption
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 09:51:23 PM »
where in IL?

Offline Ratlovingkippy06

• Posts Too Much!
    • Rat photos
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 09:58:47 PM »
 Northern near the Border of WI. Its called Grayslake IL ( 60030). Like i said before i can do transport if it is needed.
R.I.P- Shadow, Apollo, Boo,Meka, Mandy, Remy, Kayla, Mia, Lexi, Sable, Romeo,Winstin, Sam, Missy  Annie,Selene, Leo, Juilet, Zeus Emma,Helen, Oreo, V, Troy, Hope, Beauty.

Offline gromit

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 08:47:49 AM »
What is youe e-mail please?  I can't pm yet.

Thanks,
    Tara

Offline Ratlovingkippy06

• Posts Too Much!
    • Rat photos
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 11:36:14 PM »

Offline menagerie

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2008, 03:23:33 AM »
II am planning on handling the babies as soon as their eyes are open. The mom gets very upset when i touch them so i am going to wait to see who is male and female.

The babies should be handled from birth. If you wait until they are 2 weeks old, you will have lost so much time and the babies will not be as social. Remove the mother from the babies, put her in a different cage or give her some out time. While she is busy, handle those babies. Most mothers get very upset when you try to handle one baby at a time and keep pulling individual babies out of the cage.
If you have knowledge, let others light their candles in it.  ~ Margaret Fuller

Offline Ratlovingkippy06

• Posts Too Much!
    • Rat photos
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2008, 05:15:28 AM »
 If you do not want to adopt the babies please do not post. If you want to talk about whether or not you should handle babies start a topic of your own in the care area, not in adoptions.
Thank You

Offline gromit

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2008, 08:40:22 AM »
I sent you an e-mail

Offline Ice

• Loving ratties for 18+ years!
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2008, 03:15:56 PM »
I may be interested.  Are there going to be pictures or anything forthcoming?  I'd like to at least know a little bit about them before I commit to anything.  :)  And please, start handling them as well!!!

I look forward to getting some updates about these kids.
Critters close to my heart.  <3
Kessen & Inde the Shetland Sheepdogs,
Ridley the bearded dragon,
& Merlin the cockatiel.

To all those who have come before and left their paw prints on my heart - you are gone but will never be forgotten.

Offline Ratlovingkippy06

• Posts Too Much!
    • Rat photos
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2008, 09:18:41 PM »
The babies have been handled. I got the bite marks from mom to show for it. I have checked them everyday and that is when i hold them, i don't do it for long just long enough to make sure they are okay I am taking pictures tonight. They are a week old today.

Offline Ratlovingkippy06

• Posts Too Much!
    • Rat photos
Re: 8 babies in IL Up for adoption Updated: 6 males 2 females
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2008, 09:46:39 PM »
The babies are just about to get the color in. I have pictures of them. If you are interseted in adoption let me know and i'll email them to you.

Kaytie

Offline Ratlovingkippy06

• Posts Too Much!
    • Rat photos
Re: 8 babies in IL Up for adoption PIc* avaiable now
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2008, 04:21:34 AM »
I Have Pictures NOW!! There are 3 Girls and 5 boys Very Cute :) I have been handling them  for a week now. Note: the only reason i didn't handle them from birth was because i got the mom hours after giving birth. It was not plan that way but it happened and with the traveling and not knowing me at all i didn't want her to refuse care to the babies so i waited. Though the mom sometimes nips me to protect the babies i have been handling them babies more as they got older. The babies are 2 weeks old this Saturday ( 24). Their eyes are going to open at anytime now. There seems to be 3 different coat colors,
the mom is a beautiful, delicate beige Berkshire.
Most of the babies are also  Beige Berkshire but a few seem to have a slightly darker coat maybe mink but i am not sure yet i am going to have a breeder who has more experience with coat types so that i can be sure.
2 boys- Agouti ( brown)
 I have pictures of the baby's at 2 weeks so if you want to see pictures i have some in my photo album and i can send them to you as well.
 I also have 4, 2 month old babies as well who are very social and loving.  There are 2 males and 2 females so let me know if you want more information on them as well.

thanks
http://www.goosemoose.com/component/option,com_copperminevis/Itemid,210/place,displayimage/album,random/cat,23957/pos,-7784/
(Agouti Male)
\
http://www.goosemoose.com/component/option,com_copperminevis/Itemid,210/place,displayimage/album,804/pos,3/
 (unknown)
http://www.goosemoose.com/component/option,com_copperminevis/Itemid,210/place,displayimage/album,804/pos,4/
(possiable Beige)
http://www.goosemoose.com/component/option,com_copperminevis/Itemid,210/place,displayimage/album,804/pos,2/
(Agouti male )

THe Girls:

http://www.goosemoose.com/component/option,com_copperminevis/Itemid,210/place,displayimage/album,random/cat,23957/pos,-7785/

The boys:
http://www.goosemoose.com/component/option,com_copperminevis/Itemid,210/place,displayimage/album,804/pos,6/

Kaytie
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 07:15:44 AM by Ratlovingkippy211 »

Offline Ratlovingkippy06

• Posts Too Much!
    • Rat photos
Re: 8 babies in IL * One female/mom are left **
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2008, 02:38:43 PM »
The babies opened their eyes sat. at two weeks old, So far i have offers of homes to all but 1 female and the mom. IF anyone is looking for a very cute female rat let me know. If you would like to see update pictures PM m, my home computer has been unable to get to the site for the past few days.

Offline Ratlovingkippy06

• Posts Too Much!
    • Rat photos
3 week old babies in IL ** WILL Travel* 5 boys, 3 girls and mom.
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2008, 10:06:06 PM »
 So far i have no for sure homes for any of them. So you if you want to see updated pictures let me know i have them on the computer but haven't posted them yet. They are 3 weeks old today, they are very cute and come out when i call them. One female is the leader of the group and is always with mom but shes going to be a smart rat.

Offline Gwoody

Re: 8 babies in IL Up for adoption PIc* avaiable now
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2008, 02:05:37 AM »
Your babies are super cute too!  :BlueDumboSmile: Good luck!
Our crew:
7 Cats (all strays or rescues) 4.3
4 Ball Pythons 1.3
2 Bearded Dragons 1.1
2 Emerald Swifts 1.1
7 Rats 4.3 (+ babies right now)
2 Leopard Frogs