Author Topic: Another transformation of the temporary rat cage  (Read 510 times)

Offline Ilovewinston

• I love my zoo
Another transformation of the temporary rat cage
« on: March 15, 2008, 10:29:30 PM »
Cant wait to get my cage finnished. Had to take the hammock out to clean so i made two new ones these ones are more like pouches.
Dont mind the newspaper i JUST ran out of carefresh. need to get to the pet store tomorrow. they were EXTREMELY active since i hid a yoggie inside the paper ;) lol.

Sorry for the glarebut you get the idea of what it looks like ;)

Leopold was running all over the pouches lol

Some of the toys i have in the cage. I got them an igloo its too small for Winston but ill get him a bigger one once the bigger cage is done. the green ball is a cat toy with a bell in it. the blue one is an easter egg that i put yoggies in :D

and a small animal toy. applewood with a nut in the middle. for some reason they dont liketoys they have to chew on.

And last but not least a little shot of my suebees mix. I cant find ANY rodent block in the city so im going to have to order some in. For now i have a bit of dog food and rabbit food added to the suebees. The large chunks you see there are dried mango. I have dried kiwi in there as well as dried peaches. Ill get some other stuff afterwarfs. I also give them fresh collard greens every so often and other veggies and fruits that we eat.

Offline Lise

• Posts Too Much!
  • Animal Crazed
Re: Another transformation of the temporary rat cage
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 12:04:33 AM »
For now i have a bit of dog food and rabbit food added to the suebees.

Rabbit food is alfalfa or all roughage.  It is uneccessary for rats, and hard on their digestive system.  Please take the rabbit food out of the mix. :)

I am glad you are trying to make the cage you have more homey for the rats.  I'm sure they appreciate the hammocks and pouches!
|| Lise ||

The Boy: Simon  The Girls: Arizona | Karma | Pepper | Penelope 

& Always Remembered: Molly, Nora, Tevy, Lucy, Guinness, Seagram, Pixie, Cleopatra, Skye, Bella, Juno, Sasha, Gibson