Author Topic: My Girls New Cage **new pictures 4/15**  (Read 1918 times)

Offline ~*ChaoticSerenity*~

• Posts Too Much!
My Girls New Cage **new pictures 4/15**
« on: April 13, 2008, 11:49:24 PM »
so since i chose which cage I wanted and bought it..I decided just to modify my old post to post pictures here so I dont make a new thread...so heres the pictures...Sill a little bare as im "trying" to make stuff for it..
whole cage (its acutally bigger than i thought) ...i have three little girls and this cage is huge to them..wire spacing is GREAT!!

Top Level (black cotton sheet covering wire floor), hammock, gladware with water (they like playing in it *water changed hourly when im awake..taken out at night*), food dish, a sprint phone box house with a piece of sheet covering the door way, tunnel made with sheet under mini level connecting to top of house to play in....

Bottom Level- Carefresh bedding was frozen and dust shaken out...they bring it into their house, gladware with YN as a litterbox, water bottle for drinking, a cat ball minus the bell added a yogie to center, braided sheet to climb up into a small tunnel under the ramp leading to middle (top) of the cage...

Thats about all for now..Im attempting to make some stuff...not going so well...so if anybody makes hammocks, tunnels, cubes, ropes, cage mats etc please message me..Im looking to order some stuff...thanks for taking time to look and read  ;D

oh yeah...just a added picture of the girls in their hammock

*left to right* Kandii , Starr, and Lexxy (the rexy lol)

((post only has 4 images...the ones that look like multi were put together using photoshop to make 1 picture...saves a bit of room doing it that way ;D ))
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 09:37:10 AM by chaoticserenity »

Offline RiverRat

• Myspace
Re: Need help choosing between cages....
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 12:15:36 AM »
Replied in PM!   :thumbsup2:

Pets name: Goober & Harvey
Adopted by: RiverRat

Offline JustJenna

Re: Need help choosing between cages....*buying Rat Manor today!!*
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 12:06:56 PM »
I hope you like it!  I have one and am enjoying it so far.  I'm looking at getting two more females this month and was wondering the same thing about size - if this cage would be big enough for three as they become adults.  According to the cage calculator, it seems like it would be okay for three little ladies.  If not, then I'd have to buy another cage and, you know, this one would be empty then, and it seems like it would be a shame to have an empty rat cage . . .  ::)

I'd love to see some pix once you get it set up!

Offline baileyjane

• Posts Too Much!
 :thumbsup2: Very nice! :thumbsup2:
**Love my boys!**

Offline Willard

That cage is just over 6 cubic feet so should be okay for 3 females, even when older.

Nice cage. Until you order them new stuff give them some empty boxes or something to hide and sleep in.

PVC T and Y connectors are great too, and only cost $2-$3 at Home Depot or Menards.  I use wire or long zip ties to attach them securely under a shelf, it gives them another level to play in and they love to sleep in them with their noses hanging out.

• Posts Too Much!
yeah i have a bunch of toys and stuff...and sewn some cruddy tunnels for them LoL...and they have houses..I just hadnt put them in yet...what i have put in there the girls arent even touching..to busy running up and down the ramps exploring

Offline vintagerat

• Posts Too Much!
I really like this cage. I wish it was large enough for 4 lazy boys  :-\, two of which are the size of females....Leonidas is old and skinny and Ralphie is small for a boy.

• Posts Too Much!
Re: My Girls New Cage **new pictures 4/15**
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2008, 03:38:25 PM »
So I decided to redo the layout LoL ...I removed the mini shelf on the bottom part of the cage and moved it to the top of the cage so now i have two mini shelves on the top half and connected them by laying the ladder across the gap..have a ladder going up to one shelf..just put the other ladder away...and on the bottom part..i took their old hammock and angled it a certain way so they can climb up it

Offline Oh!Rats!

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2008, 03:48:35 PM »
Looks really nice!  Good setup and fun to decorate!   :P
Queen Of Hearts,Storms in Africa, Smidge, Molly, Ginger, Beatrice, Delilah, Snickerdoodle, Ivy, Maizy, Amelia.

Offline Ratty Krazy

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2008, 05:08:05 PM »
Lexy the rexy....WAY TOO CUTE
My rats think you are gross too!!
<:3)~  <:3)~  <:3)~  <:3)~  <:3)~

Offline strangeduck

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2008, 04:25:05 AM »
The more I see this cage, the more certain I am that my dumbo boys are going to be getting this as a cage.  They're currently housed in one of my quarantine/hospital cages and it's so not enough room for them.  I was hoping to add them to the boy's FN, but my agouti rex boy, Popkin is just not accepting them.  He goes into attack mode every time we try to introductions, so it looks like they are going to need their own personal cage.  I have the Super Pet exotics for my bitey boys and it actually cost me less than the Petco cage, but I like the second solid level for my little active boys.  My bitey boys are big lazy males (they are only active when I get close enough to attack me...) so they don't much care about the lack of running room.
Owned by 3 dogs, 2 cats, 1 snake and 3 adorable rattie boys!

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2008, 06:52:22 AM »
its a great cage...i love how you can move the shelves around...and my girls dont even use the ramps..they climb up the walls and leap hammock to hammock lol..i think its a GREAT cage for the price!  :thumbsup2:

Offline RiverRat

• Myspace
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2008, 09:15:04 PM »
Awww, your girls are just adorable!!  I like the setup, and I hadn't ever thought of hanging a hammock like that...I think I might try that with my own girls and see how they like it!   ;D

Pets name: Goober & Harvey
Adopted by: RiverRat

Offline Ratlovingkippy06

• Posts Too Much!
  • Thats alright my rat thinks your groose too:)
    • Rat photos
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2008, 12:58:37 AM »
be very careful.. i had the cage and the bottom fell while the girls were in it :( i really liked it to
R.I.P- Shadow, Apollo, Boo,Meka, Mandy, Remy, Kayla, Mia, Lexi, Sable, Romeo,Winstin, Sam, Missy  Annie,Selene, Leo, Juilet, Zeus Emma,Helen, Oreo, V, Troy, Hope, Beauty.

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2008, 03:30:52 AM »
mine is actually pretty sturdy..i think it was just yours...before putting my girls in i picked it up gave it a shake and everything stayed in place  :-\ ...i found it to be a very good sturdy cage..and the movable shelves are a plus..i just wish it came with more than two...but if you are worried about the bottom..you can drill holes around the bottom and zip tie or whatever them to the cage...

as for the hammock..ive also put a tube running from bottom to middle and they use that aswell..its good for when you want shelves elsewhere

Offline Ratwings

• Posts Too Much!
    • My Elfwood Art Gallery
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2008, 08:02:43 PM »
Oooh, what type/brand of cage is this? I like it! Great decorating too, I love the idea of putting a curtain over the doorway to their box.
~Julie

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2008, 03:28:17 AM »
its Petco's Rat Manor....Very close to Martins 690...and i decided against the box thing...it get horribly smelly so im giving them tp rolls and bought a chinchilla bath house and will use that LoL