Author Topic: Angora hair for spinning  (Read 11578 times)

Offline nevadamoon

• Posts Too Much!
Angora hair for spinning
« on: April 15, 2008, 07:38:09 PM »
I'm sorry if this is in the wrong spot, this was just the only logical place I thought to offer this.  Just in case anyone can use it, because I really don't have a use for it right now. :P

I have an angora rabbit, and that means a LOT of hair.   So if anyone spins angora hair into yarn or has some other kind of use for it, just let me know and I can sell it to you for a dollar or two a gallon bag (Plus shipping, which can't be much considering how light it all is. :P).  He's a mostly white angora, and his wool basically looks white once it's off of him.  (I can take pictures, too.)  If the price is a problem, just let me know because I have NO idea what the 'going rate' even is.

Also, is the fur better if it's pulled out with the brush, or is it okay to cut his hair with scissors?  I desperately want to give him a haircut, but if the hair isn't as easy to work with short and someone is interested, I can get as much off of him with the brush as I can/you want and then cut the rest.

Offline Amaya

Re: Angora hair for spinning
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 01:55:37 PM »
I haven't started spinning yet but have been wanting to give it a try- and even thought about getting an angora breed for a loving companion as well as for the free spinning fiber, but you don't often find them in shelters here and I wouldn't want to adopt one from a breeder.. This would work out well enough I think. Have to get a drop spindle still. Could you find out what shipping would be to 98367? I only want 1 gal. to start, since angora is not a beginner fiber and I don't know how much difficulty I'd have trying it out. I might have to practice with wool for awhile first  :-\
Pet(s): Rocket the bunny and 2 dwarf rat girls - Crystal and Suzie Snowflake