Author Topic: How many rats do you have in your FN?  (Read 3242 times)

Offline rodent_girl_1985

• Posts Too Much!
    • TinyDreamerzzzBezzz
Re: How many rats do you have in your FN?
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2008, 12:26:35 PM »
I currently have 5 in a two tier FN (4 girls and 1 neurtered male). There will be 8 in there in the near future. I have 3 other females that still need to grow a little more.

Offline ScoutGotBig

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2008, 12:51:26 PM »
7 girls in one 142, will be 6 soon.
4 boys in the other 142, will be 3 soon.

The hairless brats are going to move into the SP exotics, since the male esp keeps finding stupid ways to get hurt in the FN.

also, 2 girls in an SP Exotics.  Johanna will NOT live with the other girls, but she and Sunday get along.

2 males in an SP Giant, will be joined by 2 more males once the QT is over.  The first 2 can NOT live in the FN, the second 2 are going for the retirement cage type.
click the eggs please!

Offline Rodent

• Posts Too Much!
  • Feetsies!
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2008, 01:10:49 PM »
Four females in a 142. Three I think are fully grown (Their belly will continue to grow, but you get the point  :BlueDumboSmile:) and my smaller one, Harlo, is still growing. I've got mesh on my FN.

Offline Maddeebear

• Adopt a rescue rat today!
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2008, 08:10:27 PM »
I have two squishy adult boys in the top and 5 boys in the bottom. Ideally, all 7 would share the large cage, but it was hard enough to integrate the 5 in the bottom, and I eventually gave up on intros between them and the guys on the top. Perhaps I will try again after some neuters.
Maddy

Proud mom to Roscoe the rat and Maxie the dachshund

Offline JR1030

• Forum Enabler
  • Posts Too Much!
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2008, 08:25:38 AM »
I have two squishy adult boys in the top and 5 boys in the bottom. Ideally, all 7 would share the large cage, but it was hard enough to integrate the 5 in the bottom, and I eventually gave up on intros between them and the guys on the top. Perhaps I will try again after some neuters.

I was in that situation, and I didn't have the courage to introduce the groups until one "group" was down to a lone boy.  :-\  However, being forced to do that intro gave me more courage for future intros.
~Rebecca

Offline italianqt

• Posts Too Much!
  • Gennaro's hungry!
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2008, 04:35:22 PM »
4 on the top half and 4 on the bottom half, all grown boys. Coincidentally, one of the neutered ones is the reason I've been too scared to try intros again.  :-\
The kittehs: Fia and Nice Kitty.

Offline Tinuviel

« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2008, 12:14:45 AM »
I have three girls in my two-level FN.

Offline TankGirl9008

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2008, 02:14:40 AM »
I'll have three girlies in my 141 when it arives!
Owned by one cat, Sable 19 years

Offline a1issa

« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2008, 06:12:48 PM »
Right now I have 2 (girl + neuter) in the top, and three boys in the bottom.  I think that it's hard for them to have enough space to themselves if there are more than three rats in a half. 

At one point I had six girls in one half, five boys in the other, and I think that was kind of inhumane.  The girls were fine but the boys spent all of their time fighting because they could never have any territory for themselves.

I think capacity also depends highly on how you divvy up the cage space, whether you use the provided shelving or make your own, have lots of hammocks and hidey space, or wheels.  I think capacity can increase when you have rats that are very well-bonded or very small girls.   Or it can decrease if there are conflicts.  A big, feisty, aggressive boy can take up the whole bottom of a cage!
Looking for dwarves!  WI or nearby.

Offline xanterra

• Posts Too Much!
  • Keeper of the Rattigans
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2008, 02:17:21 AM »
I have three baby boys in a FN 142. They also seem to enjoy the top level more than the bottom level, but they're forced to go down there because that's where their food is.  ;)
The boys: Sam and Dean - The girls: Canary, Kara, Phoebe, Piper, and Paige - The rescues: Anna, Tessa, Lilith, Ruby, and Castiel - The bunnies: Java and Juno