Author Topic: Ok...so FN it will be.... :(  (Read 4504 times)

Offline tonivan

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Ok...so FN it will be.... :(
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2008, 04:02:11 PM »
i HAVE to say that it is kind of crappy of ferret.com NOT to honor the listed price....I understand that they might have raised the price but for it to be listed at one price and then when you add it to your cart it comes up different.  That is really an unethical kind of behavior IMO.

I also don't understand why you don't think you have th space for a 142 as they take up the same am't of floor space and then you can use half of the cage for stoarge of your rattie supplies which I bet are taking space somewhere else anyway...just a thought.

i bought my FN on ebay from Bigdawg (i think) and it was by far the cheapest at that time....about 1 12 years ago.

I love the FN and am so looking forward to the Critter nation when it comes out....hoping it is not too different from the FN.  Our Fn is actually my son's and he is moving out so will soon want to take it with him.

Offline ~*ChaoticSerenity*~

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2008, 04:04:18 PM »
see the other thread you posted about this for my response..as for supplies taking up room..no they really dont...they are stored in the unused cabinet space

Offline rodent_girl_1985

• Posts Too Much!
    • TinyDreamerzzzBezzz
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2008, 04:25:47 PM »
You know, I do have to agree with what someone else said. Ferret.com should have honored the listing price, it doesn't matter if it was a mistake. If you go into most stores and the listing price is different than the checkout price, they have to honor the listing price. I would have asked to talk with the person in charge. I think you ight have gotten a raw deal there.

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2008, 04:28:42 PM »
i ended up calling back and talking to two different people..both asked a supervisor..both times i was told 10% discount because they were working on the site at that time  :doh:

Offline anita1216

• Forum Enabler
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Hanging out with the Fraggle Rat gang...
    • Fraggle Rats
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2008, 07:59:20 PM »
I have to admit Im a bit confused as to why you dont have enough space for the 142, its a matter of going up. I just hate to see someone spend more money than they really need to. You could simply store the top section of the cage and have it for later.

Hope it all works out for you!

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2008, 08:58:06 PM »
i dont have room for the 142...the walls in my current apartment are slanted because i live on the top floor...so a 142 wouldnt fit up against the wall and i have no where else to put it...not only that but i dont have the money for a 142 right now without cutting into my vet funds...which i dont want to do....im getting a 141 end of story...i dont know why im getting questioned on my decision to get a 141 instead of 142 ...

Offline anita1216

• Forum Enabler
  • Posts Too Much!
    • Fraggle Rats
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2008, 09:22:57 PM »
i dont have room for the 142...the walls in my current apartment are slanted because i live on the top floor...so a 142 wouldnt fit up against the wall and i have no where else to put it...not only that but i dont have the money for a 142 right now without cutting into my vet funds...which i dont want to do....im getting a 141 end of story...i dont know why im getting questioned on my decision to get a 141 instead of 142 ...

I simply asked you. I can assure you that it will be the last time I ever question you about ANYTHING. I dont read minds and I guess I should have assumed your walls slanted up. sheesh

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2008, 09:29:07 PM »
well when the past couple days i had to repeat this over and over...and explain why i chose not to get a 142...didnt say you were a mind reader...but why does it matter if i dont want a 142 it seems everybody needs to know and question my choice

Offline tonivan

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2008, 11:40:40 PM »
well when the past couple days i had to repeat this over and over...and explain why i chose not to get a 142...didn't say you were a mind reader...but why does it matter if i dint want a 142 it seems everybody needs to know and question my choice

I do feel that this post was directed at me...sorry...i didn't see anywhere where you mentioned that you did not have room in your apartment for a cage to go up.  It was just a thought...and sometimes other people think of something that you didn't.  Isn't that why most of us use the forum...to share info, get other's opinions...getting some ideas I you might not think of on your own.

I also didn't see mentioned that you would have to dip into a vet fund...If it was posted and I missed, I am sorry again.

Seems lately that there is a trend of people getting so defensive about what others have to say.  I will say to you what I have said to someone else.  If you don't want to hear what other people have to offer then maybe it is best you don't post on a public forum.  You did ask the board if we thought a FN was worth it....so we answered.  I don't think anyone was questioning your decision, just offering some insight.

If someone is being hostile then I certainly think you have the right to be upset...but the two of us that mentioned that the 142 takes no more floor space than the 141 were not hostile...i was just trying to save you the hassle and the money in the long run.

Also I think your two threads are pretty much about the same thing so really should have been one thread so I guess that is why you are repeating yourself.

Good luck with your purchase.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 11:46:46 PM by tonivan »

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2008, 12:16:55 AM »
im sorry...if it was directed directly to you i would have said your name.....maybe you should re read this thread...i asked what was going on with the prices and why they jumped over night...i dont remember ever saying will it be worth it?

as for this being a duplicate thread as the other and it should have been one....you are wrong..and you would have seen that if you would have actually read the threads...one was me asking about the price the other was about my double rat manor that i decided to get rid of and get an FN...

i was not getting defensive at all but im really tired of saying i dont want an FN i dont have the room and a bunch of people telling me that it doesnt take up more room than the 141...more than two people have commented about that..and who said i didnt want to hear what others had to say..and considering i wasnt asking for comments on whether i should get a 141 or 142 maybe people shouldnt post over and over how the 142 is cheaper doesnt take up more room blah blah blah...why answer questions that nobody asked? and why question people on their decisions getting a 141 instead or a 142 is not hurting my rats so why do i keep getting asked to explain why i dont want to get the 142?

all and all i love this site...but people are extremely pushy here and some come off with holier than thou attitudes...and some wonder why some people decide to leave....the pushiness towards people on issues that the person isnt asking about is not necessary and has me debating on leaving as well..which is a shame because i feel this site has a lot to offer..but its not worth the trouble that some people deal out

Offline rodent_girl_1985

• Posts Too Much!
    • TinyDreamerzzzBezzz
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2008, 12:37:18 AM »
i ended up calling back and talking to two different people..both asked a supervisor..both times i was told 10% discount because they were working on the site at that time  :doh:
I usually love ferret.com, but their attitude towards you is not impressive. Thats just wrong.
And (I'll probably get blasted for this), I do agree with you. Some people on this site can be borderline rude. They think they know everything, and that people should either do things the same as them, or not own rats. I now think real carefully about what I post on here, and sometimes go elsewhere for medical advice. They seem to dish out judgement instead of advise most of the time.

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2008, 12:40:36 AM »
i usually love them to..i was very surprised they wouldnt honor the price..but i guess thats a business for you....They are still one of the cheapest places with the best shipping prices so Ill probably still go with them but i was a bit ashamed of them...im sure theyll end up dropping the price after i order my 141 LoL!

Ill probably be shunned after my "defensiveness" as it seems thats what happens to most of the people who dont agree with the mass..but at this point i dont really care...

Offline tonivan

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2008, 06:28:41 AM »
You will not be "shunned" but you did seem a tad defensive IMO.  I am sorry if that wasnt the case this time.

I have been contemplating leaving goosemoose not becuz of pushy people, holier than thou people, but becuz of people who get defensive about every little thing and then attack the member who posted a response, ask questions and then cry becuz they don't like the answer, and then threads getting locked everytime I turn around becuz someone is all touchy.

I am NOT saying this is you...I am just stating my reasons for why I am considering leaving goosemoose also...which are entirely different than yours.

Offline JuliesZoo74

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2008, 07:07:22 AM »
That FN141 on ebay is relisted.  It is listed again at 80.99 plus shipping.  I think you said the shipping was around $20 for you just like me.  That would save you some money there if you are going to get ther 141 anyway.

Offline RNPaulie

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2008, 09:11:26 AM »
Have you thought of a Feisty Ferret as an alternative to the FN if height is an issue? It is shorter but the style is pretty similar if that is what you are looking for :)

Proud Mom to 
Corbin,Zac,Lucas,Noah and Liam
miss you Melka and Brady..

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2008, 09:19:12 AM »
ive already contacted the ebayer and got a response back he said he has quite a bit left because they arent selling well so hes going to make sure to save me one so i can buy it when i get paid

as for the FF i dont like the screws it uses which is why i opted out on it

Offline JuliesZoo74

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2008, 10:42:39 AM »
That's great that he is going to hold 1 for you.  Maybe I should contact him too

Offline anita1216

• Forum Enabler
  • Posts Too Much!
    • Fraggle Rats
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2008, 01:02:28 PM »

What you will notice on many sites, not just this one is that people can be and always will be very clicky and opinionated. I suppose much of the strong opinions here come from people that genuinely care about these animals and want to see them get the best of everything possible.

Medical advice is what it is, some people feel they know more than they do and others dont know nearly enough. When in doubt, go see a vet. I would never take the advice on a forum as gospel and Im sure many others would agree with that.

It would seem that many newer members do get a bit defensive at times, but the onslaught of advice can be overwhelming and make one feel like they are being attacked. Its a matter of weeding through responses and being realistic about the whole thing. Online is not a substitute for real life and most of us learn hands on.

Hope everything works out for you and everyone else feeling defensive, attacked or simply ignored.

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2008, 01:50:32 PM »
That's great that he is going to hold 1 for you.  Maybe I should contact him too

I actually contacted the person on craigslist to about the 142 for $100 and he said its still available so were trying to work something out about getting it here if i decide to spend 100 on the 142 instead of the 141..i told the ebay guy id let him know by wednesday, he said its all good...hes really surprised they arent going faster than they are

Offline rodent_girl_1985

• Posts Too Much!
    • TinyDreamerzzzBezzz
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2008, 03:10:52 PM »
You will not be "shunned" but you did seem a tad defensive IMO.  I am sorry if that wasnt the case this time.

I have been contemplating leaving goosemoose not becuz of pushy people, holier than thou people, but becuz of people who get defensive about every little thing and then attack the member who posted a response, ask questions and then cry becuz they don't like the answer, and then threads getting locked everytime I turn around becuz someone is all touchy.

I am NOT saying this is you...I am just stating my reasons for why I am considering leaving goosemoose also...which are entirely different than yours.

I'm not one to get defensive, but I do agree with chaotic. Lately you ask a question on this site, whether it's about diet or health, and instead of getting a helpful answer, you get blasted for suposedly doing something wrong. It's a put off to people.

Offline tonivan

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2008, 03:16:48 PM »
Did anyone say Choatic was doing anything wrong?

Offline JustJenna

« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2008, 03:20:19 PM »
Hey, Chaotic,

I can't wait til you get yer new cage to see how you like it and how it compares to the Rat Manor!

You and I have the same (Rat Manor) and I'm dieing to see what you think of the FN.  I have three girls and our newest is Super BUSY all the time.  She tears throught the cage and 'redecorates' nightly in a way that my other two girls never did!  So, I was planning on waiting until the CN came out to get another cage, but with my new BUSY lady, I might bite the bullet and get the FN sooner rather than later.  I can't wait to hear what you think, how they compare, cleaning, decorating, floorspace, etc.