Poll

Should i take?

$40
1 (16.7%)
hold out
5 (83.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Need opinions for offer on cage...  (Read 705 times)

Offline ~*ChaoticSerenity*~

• Posts Too Much!
Need opinions for offer on cage...
« on: June 17, 2008, 06:33:24 PM »
So I'm trying to sell my first Rat Manor...still in near perfect condition..i have the box and instructions....i made an ad on craigslist asking $60 OBO...I paid in store about $85 with tax...I got an offer from someone for $40...this cage is like new though..nothing wrong with it at all...I dont know if I should take it or hold out..this money was going to go towards my FN

*bangs head* nevermind..the guy just emailed me back saying hed only give me $40 and it was for his two grown ferrets...I told him he needed a larger cage than this and I wouldnt feel right selling it to him to use for ferrets
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 06:38:00 PM by chaoticserenity »

Offline JuliesZoo74

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Need opinions for offer on cage...
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 06:55:11 PM »
I have the same cage and would have a really hard time taking $40 for it.  I would also list it for $60 and take $50 at the lowest.  I really like my Rat Manor though.  I'm sticking with it until the Critter Nation comes out. ;)

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 07:00:58 PM »
the only reason im going to the FN is because with my girls (i have 4) i dont like having them all in that cage so I have to use the 2 cages and I hate having two cages...double cleaning is ewwww..so I have no other choice.

Offline JuliesZoo74

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 07:26:56 PM »
I know.  I have 3 in my manor and I have Cutie and her babies in another cage.  I haven't had any luck introducing Cutie in with my bunch yet.  Hopefully by the time the Critter Nation comes out I can get them together.  I am going to keep 1 or 2 of Cutie's babies with her so she is not alone while I am introducing.  I totally agree about having to clean 2 cages.  My other cage is a marchioro rat 62Q.  It is pretty cool and bigger than the rat manor but more to clean LOL.

Offline vintagerat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 09:58:09 AM »
I have the same cage and would have a really hard time taking $40 for it.  I would also list it for $60 and take $50 at the lowest.  I really like my Rat Manor though.  I'm sticking with it until the Critter Nation comes out. ;)

Same here  ;D!

I was selling a wire hamster cage on Criagslist once and I had a person ask me if it was large enough for Ferrets...Uhhh...noooo! Then they asked me if it could fit a guinea pig instead  :doh:.

Offline Willard

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008, 04:58:56 PM »
Frankly, I'd have a hard time paying more than half retail price for any used cage, no matter how new it was.  Used is used.   

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2008, 08:34:36 PM »
i was posting an ad in a local petstore and a lady seen it...she said she has been thinking about buying one but didnt have the means of getting to the store and didnt have a way to buy online...she bought it for $60...used and everything

Offline JuliesZoo74

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2008, 08:36:03 PM »
Good for you!  I like mine for now.  I will sell it when the CN comes out though!