Author Topic: I have some cool ideas but will it work?  (Read 1520 times)

Offline Ratlovingkippy06

• Posts Too Much!
  • Thats alright my rat thinks your groose too:)
    • Rat photos
I have some cool ideas but will it work?
« on: June 23, 2008, 06:38:43 PM »
OK so i currently have over 13 rats at my house and the cages i am currently using are the FN, SP Exotic cage , all living things large red cage and a smaller temp cage for my small boys. Yesterday; long story short, i ending  up taking in 2 males from a friend that got into a bad situation and literally has to relocate and start her life over again. Her parents wouldn't allow her to bring the boys with and she believes her boyfriend would have killed them due to lack of care an the only person was me. I sold her the rats over a year ago, they know me and had been relocated 3 other times before living with their owner for over a year. The boys are staying and she gave me a new SP exotic cage that is in perfect shape.the boys are kinda upset right now and they will move into my house in a week. ( i am watching my boyfriends dogs and cats so they are at his house with me).

OK to get to my new ideas i have a ton of cages but the SP cage i am not loving so much anymore so i was thinking about selling my 2 exotic cages and the other smaller cages to buy a New all living things cage. It fits a lot better on  my DVD holder ( my boyfriend made and its over 6 feet long) because it is not as wide as the exotic cage and i personally think it is stronger. I thought it would be really cool to connect two all living thing cages ( red 30X 18X 30 each). How i would connect them ? well i could A) make a " wire tunnel" B) cut a hole on the sides of both cages and zip tip them together ( make multiple holes) Does anyone think it could work? Or would i be wasting my time and money?

I think it would look really cool.

i can move rats around of course but i still need to know if this is crazy or maybe it could work? Can i see pictures of cages that have been connected? so i can get an idea on how to go about doing it.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 09:12:35 PM by Ratlovingkippy211 »
R.I.P- Shadow, Apollo, Boo,Meka, Mandy, Remy, Kayla, Mia, Lexi, Sable, Romeo,Winstin, Sam, Missy  Annie,Selene, Leo, Juilet, Zeus Emma,Helen, Oreo, V, Troy, Hope, Beauty.

Offline Ratlovingkippy06

• Posts Too Much!
    • Rat photos
Re: I have some cool ideas but will it work?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 09:34:19 PM »
 i was thinking of maybe getting a martins 295 http://www.martinscages.com/images/full/r-695.jpg because it is larger and is only 115 with the coating.
R.I.P- Shadow, Apollo, Boo,Meka, Mandy, Remy, Kayla, Mia, Lexi, Sable, Romeo,Winstin, Sam, Missy  Annie,Selene, Leo, Juilet, Zeus Emma,Helen, Oreo, V, Troy, Hope, Beauty.

Offline calicojenn

• Posts Too Much!
  • Pray without ceasing, rejoyce in ALL things.
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 10:25:35 PM »
i have the r-695 with coating and the fliptop and i love it... i dunno how to go about connecting the other cages.

Offline Oh!Rats!

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 10:26:29 PM »
Sure would save you some money if you could just modify them; since you already  have them!  Hasn't anyone done this? 
Queen Of Hearts,Storms in Africa, Smidge, Molly, Ginger, Beatrice, Delilah, Snickerdoodle, Ivy, Maizy, Amelia.

Offline Ratlovingkippy06

• Posts Too Much!
    • Rat photos
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 01:03:58 AM »
Blue frog and I are possiably trading cages. I just thought it would look really cool. She has a martin Chinchilla 695 that can hold 6 rats which would be awesome to have.

Offline melikerats

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2008, 11:30:21 AM »
if you are crafty enough to pull that off I say go for it, my boyfriend and i were thinking about attaching two cages in a similar way but the bars seem much to thick to cut through! so we just modified it in a different way :D

Pets name:Newton
Adopt your own!

Offline eveelady

• Ritten
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2008, 02:02:09 AM »
When we first had ratties, we only had 1 smallish cage, and so after a few months, we bought another the same, and then joined two cages together using pvc piping.

cut holes in the back, and attached a pvc elbow in each by drilling holes, and adding cable ties and wire. we were then able to change size of connecting pipe as we needed.

used  a couple of meters at home and had one cage on each side of sofa - which the boys loved, as they could basically be at same level as us, and gave easy access to sofa!!

when i had the boys at kinder, used a piece of that silver air cond pipes and the cages were touching - i.e right up next to each other. This kids loved this mod especially and decided that the silver pipe was a ratty space ship, and they flew from one cage to the other!

Will have to look and see if i can find some photos for you.

from ratty point of view they loved the pvc for storing food and sleeping, as well as hiding when time for medicine, or for ambushing their cagemates!  :BlueDumboSmile: they used the silver pipe for running through and playing, and as a toilet. grr.

pvc was so muh easier to clean, as could just take it off and rinse it/shake it out - the silver has ridges and is soooo hard to clean.

Pets name: Ruzzle
Adopt your own!