Author Topic: Post pics of your superpet cages!  (Read 80091 times)

Offline JTO_

• Posts Too Much!
  • Got rats?
Post pics of your superpet cages!
« on: June 27, 2008, 10:56:52 AM »
I was thinking we could make a thread of just Superpet Cages:

Well heres mine, it is a my first home with purple shelving, and green tubes and such.

BTW if someone already made a thread of this im sorry.

Offline JuliesZoo74

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Post pics of your superpet cages!
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 11:06:17 AM »
I love the tree!  Is that Fisherprice or something?  Sorry, no SuperPet cage here!

Offline JTO_

• Posts Too Much!
  • Got rats?
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 11:10:10 AM »
Yes it is fisherprice i got it at Goodwill for 2.23  :BlueDumboSmile:

Offline JuliesZoo74

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 11:19:59 AM »
Cool  :yelcutelaugh:

Offline Shazza

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 03:53:57 PM »
SP Exotics and i <3 it. just wish i could hang things from under the shelves..

old picture from before they moved back into my room. the shelves are actually reversed now, the black cup has been thrown away and the ladder/rope rearranged butit's still the same :P

how it is now, from the...corner? idk

:C its so baree but i cant afford to buy them new hideyholes and stuff so they're stuck with boxes and paper bags until i can find time to make some tunnels and hammocks..

Offline JTO_

• Posts Too Much!
  • Got rats?
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2008, 05:13:04 PM »
That cage looks awesome :thumbsup2:

Offline JTO_

• Posts Too Much!
  • Got rats?
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2008, 10:10:30 PM »
Come on guys! ;)

Offline P3

• Posts Too Much!
  • !!P3!!
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2008, 10:24:56 PM »
Shazza... maybe try hooking the hammocks onto the cage bars right underneath the shelves? Have the hammock peak out just a little bit further than the shelf so they can just hop right in.

I dunno... maybe?
  Formerly known as... ThePrincess3.

Offline Shazza

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2008, 10:56:11 PM »
i had thought about that and i'm going to try it as soon as i get back from vacation and i have time to mess with my hammock material

Offline CassiHL

• My Pet Rat Blog
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2008, 11:18:08 PM »
Yes it is fisherprice i got it at Goodwill for 2.23  :BlueDumboSmile:

I love finding rat toys at goodwill!! So much cheaper than actual pet toys, and usually more fun.  :balloon: I have a similar Dora the Explorer "tree house" I found at goodwill.

Offline JTO_

• Posts Too Much!
  • Got rats?
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2008, 12:18:28 AM »
That was kind-of an old pic so here is a pic after today's cleaning! :)

BTW that star basket thing is from Goodwill too.   :BlueDumboSmile:
Look at momo's tail! :yelcutelaugh:(beige by the water bottle)

Offline JTO_

• Posts Too Much!
  • Got rats?
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2008, 01:31:18 AM »
I know a lot of you have some kind of super pet cage. :)

Offline Kritter Mom

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2008, 11:09:49 PM »

I took out the green things, my girls hated them and they were flimsy anyway.
I'll be getting a FN in about 3 weeks or so, and I am counting down the days. It's such a pain to clean, and I just don't feel its big enough (specially once my 2 new girls come out of q-tine). I also hate that I can't hang stuff from under the shelves.
Clover,Daisy, Lily and Mama

Offline pinkie1205

• Posts Too Much!
  • Jack says you don't need thumbs.
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2008, 01:19:38 AM »

We had just set it up and really didn't get a whole bunch of the hammocks in there.
It's all just bricks in the wall

Offline JTO_

• Posts Too Much!
  • Got rats?
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2008, 01:25:19 AM »
I like the meatwad hat  :yelcutelaugh:

Offline cheerio

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2008, 12:22:51 PM »
I don't mean to thread-jack by any means, but I'm wondering if anyone else is having the same issue with their Super Pet cage. I had initially purchased a large hooded rat, who had to be returned due to respiratory reasons. When I purchased him, I purchased a SuperPet My first home 3 level cage. I thought it would be perfect for him. It was, no issues with him escaping, etc. However, after returning him, I brought home my 2 boys I have now. Both were fairly young when I got them, less than 3 months old, and fairly small. (this was only a month ago, so while they have grown, they still have quite a bit of growing to do).  :doh: I initially had my cage all types of ghettofied with cardboard weaved in and out of the bars. Provided lots of fun for my boys, but looked horrible, didn't do much for their view and ventilation, and I had to worry about them getting smart and pulling the pieces down to escape. And they did escape, over and over and over again.  ::) So I decided to use hardware cloth, as I had seen mentioned on here before. I could not find it ANYWHERE. I tried Lowes, Home Depot, and all of the Taylor's Do-It Centers. I managed to find 2 rolls of replacement screen and decided that in a last ditch effort (before having to breakdown and buy another cage that I can not currently afford) to keep my ratties safe and secure, I would give it a shot. I managed to wrap my entire cage in it and zip tie it down with over 75 colorful zip ties (couldn't have it look but so tacky).  :yelcutelaugh: They can't escape except from one spot where the top door opens at the latch (so I currently have to keep a piece of cardboard with a book on top to prevent them from escaping until they get too big for that one spot). I don't have any sharp edges, and have it tucked far down enough that my guys can't slide out underneath. It does make it a little more of a job to attach hammocks and the like, but it definitely keeps them in. They seem to enjoy the view better too. Anyone else used this for their cage? I will definitely be posting pics soon of the cage and the boys to my gallery. Thanks for any info!  :thumbsup2:

Offline JTO_

• Posts Too Much!
  • Got rats?
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2008, 12:35:08 PM »
That stinks that they can escape, I had momo in there for 4 months and after the fourth month she decided she would escape and run the entire house while wew were at a fourth of july party :doh:.  I know that Tractor Supply Co. has the mesh you are looking for.

Offline Dori

• Forum Enabler
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Me and my best guy!
    • Safe Haven Humane Society
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2008, 05:21:55 PM »
I have a couple of SP cages, I am only using three of them now:

Offline cheerio

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2008, 08:57:27 PM »
Does anyone think that after a while, I might be able to take the mesh off the cage? I really really like the cage I have and how it looks. At least being able to take down the cardboard piece off the top will make me happy. I figure the mesh may be a nice thing in terms of safety precautions and in the far far future (I hope), when I end up with little guys again after my run with these guys, I won't have to re-wrap the entire cage  ::) ::). I just hope my little guys get big enough that they can't fit through the latch spot at the top. They seem to be growing every day and love their super pet cage!

Offline MaisyMouse

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2008, 09:00:40 PM »
Does anyone have this cage: http://www.ferret.com/item/super-pet-my-first-home-2-x-2-ferret-cage-3-leve/?
What was your experience? Did you like it or not?
Thanks for any help!

Offline Dori

• Forum Enabler
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Me and my best guy!
    • Safe Haven Humane Society
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2008, 09:57:46 PM »
Does anyone have this cage: http://www.ferret.com/item/super-pet-my-first-home-2-x-2-ferret-cage-3-leve/?
Thanks for any help!

I saw it on display at my local pet shop and it looks like a nice cage for 3 males, it was $89 there so the price at ferret.com sounds like a bargain.

Offline MaisyMouse

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2008, 02:10:19 AM »
Thanks for any help!

I saw it on display at my local pet shop and it looks like a nice cage for 3 males, it was $89 there so the price at ferret.com sounds like a bargain.

Cool. The cage calculator says it can hold 4 rats, but I'm only getting 2 girls. So there would be plenty of room!

Offline queerasfolk09

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2008, 04:12:21 PM »
Here is my new superpet cage that I got from a ferret rescue (its kind of bare because I just got it):
http://i312.photobucket.com/albums/ll323/chelbell4u/IMG_0013.jpg

Here is a really cute picture of one of my girls Lily sleeping:
http://i312.photobucket.com/albums/ll323/chelbell4u/IMG_0014.jpg

HEAVEN'S LITTLE ANGEL

Offline Scubbs

• Posts Too Much!
  • Pick the adoption option!
    • Chelsey's Cozies
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2009, 01:14:39 AM »
I had to dig for this thread  :P

Here's Maddie's "new" cage, a SuperPet (not sure what variety).  Hopefully she'll adjust to it... she's been in a FN for 2+ years of her life!  I'm working on making cute, custom-fit stuff for it and liners, but for tonight I just kind of threw it together. 

And the sweet, annoying old girl who inhabits it:
  <~~ Add Chelsey's Cozies on Facebook!  :)

Offline furbabyfurniture

• Furbaby Furniture
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2009, 02:21:52 AM »
Just threw stuff in it scubbs?!  Looks fabulous and she doesn't look like an oldie at all  :rattysmiley:  what a cutey patutey!  My SP exotics housed my girls before I got my CN for them...it is now home to my 2 cockatiels or I'd post a picture hehe  All of the cages are lovely!  Keep 'em comin' you guys!