Author Topic: Post pics of your superpet cages!  (Read 80021 times)

Offline Robinkwr

• Posts Too Much!
  • They all have my heart...
    • Robin's Hammocks
Re: Post pics of your superpet cages!
« Reply #125 on: July 02, 2010, 04:07:57 PM »
I will have to try that soon! I use to crochet when I was younger, so maybe i'll have to give it a try. I really don't have chewers. The only thing they really like chewing is there cuddle pouches for some reason??? lol But that is it...so hopefully they wont chew these! But i'll post some pictures when we get some done and let you know also, THANKS!

Offline tinytippytoes

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #126 on: July 07, 2010, 09:24:06 PM »
I scored another SP cage for super cheap & made my girls a 'double wide!'  hehe  I bought some vinyl coated wire & made a topper, took off the top 'doors' & made a walk over ledge for the cages.  They love it.  I am thinking of adding a second wheel because I have so many avid wheel runners.  But they are really enjoying the extra space!  :)

Now about big is that? Gee I think you have the biggest and baddest SP cage there is! :shocked2: I will promise never complain about liners again. Oh do you know the secret? If you take one side of the cage(D) you can actually make it into a nice open door! I use extra clips and zip ties. Im trying to figure out how to do it on the bottom .But with the high sides and the way it sits in there you really cant but Im always trying.
On another topic I really do love your creativity, I crochet and may start making a few things. WHERE DO YOU GET PATTERNS FOR THAT?
Realized after I posted this that you have the 3 level I have the four level so I dont know if its put together the same. The 4 level come with all part seperate is it the same for the 3 level?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 09:30:00 PM by tinytippytoes »
My rat can brux louder than your rat.

Offline THScam2009

• Little Dreamers Emporium
« Reply #127 on: July 07, 2010, 09:28:07 PM »
Ok... so does ANYONE have ANY suggestions on the best way to clean these babies out!? the shelves are so hard to get in and out.

<br>

Offline myusername20

« Reply #128 on: July 09, 2010, 12:00:30 AM »
Ok... so does ANYONE have ANY suggestions on the best way to clean these babies out!? the shelves are so hard to get in and out.

I wish I did....I hate my cage! The whole cleaning process makes my back hurt so much. Because it's such a dreaded task, I don't do it as often as I want to. The only thing I have is the more you do it, the slightly easier it becomes. If that helps  :yelcutelaugh:
<3 Rest In Peace Edmund ratty, Luuvi hammy, and Taffy-cat <3
Rat: Simone
Mice: Chloe and Echo
Hamster: Bubbles
Cats: Jade, Tigger, and Mara
Dogs: Kipling and Ranger

Offline THScam2009

• Little Dreamers Emporium
« Reply #129 on: July 09, 2010, 12:04:52 AM »

I wish I did....I hate my cage! The whole cleaning process makes my back hurt so much. Because it's such a dreaded task, I don't do it as often as I want to. The only thing I have is the more you do it, the slightly easier it becomes. If that helps  :yelcutelaugh:

I literally feel your back pain! I'm 6'4" and so all the bending over makes me twitch at night... :( I'm 19! I don't even have a back yet, yet it still hurts!!! BLAH!! :doh: I guess I'm just gonna have to stop the rearranging process every weekand just spot clean and shelf wipe everyday. . Thanks.

<br>

Offline Sevast0

« Reply #130 on: July 20, 2010, 02:24:13 PM »
I recently bought my girls a Super Pet Large cage. I got sick of them peeing out the sides of the top of my Martins so they got a single level. They really aren't that active (besides running on the wheel) so they are fine in this cage. I sprinkled some pink carefresh to make it look a little nicer in there  :BlueDumboSmile: . The little paper ad in there came with the cage and they stole it. Also, yes, their wheel did get dirty that fast. I took these pictures only 5 minutes after putting them in there. The green box WAS their litter box they never really used but it makes a great food bowl for them! They don't have any hammocks because I ran out of material and they destroyed their last set. So they will be getting some things to climb on once I get some more material.

Offline RattiesSix

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #131 on: July 20, 2010, 03:10:08 PM »
^ That cage looks too small for one rat, let alone 3. Maybe it's just me. What are the dimensions?

Offline Snippet

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #132 on: July 20, 2010, 03:24:53 PM »
Quote from: RattiesSix
^ That cage looks too small for one rat, let alone 3. Maybe it's just me. What are the dimensions?

+1

It really does look tiny.
Cara,
Owned by Lilly, Rose & Daphne
Missing Snippet, Frost, Willow, Nix, Fern, Heidi, Fizz, Micha, Bubbles, Bee, Asteroid & Gypsy

Offline Stacy M

• Posts Too Much!
  • Missy always in my <3
« Reply #133 on: July 20, 2010, 03:35:14 PM »
It is 30x18x16.  It fits two rats at 2.5 cubic feet per rat.  It does need hammocks and baskets to use the available cage space, but the poster said he/she is working on that so it is fine.

Offline evilhobbitgirl

• Posts Too Much!
  • ratless
« Reply #134 on: July 20, 2010, 04:38:46 PM »
I have that cage at my parent's house for visits. I have housed 2-3 in it and it has been fine, especially with hammocks and shelves. The pictures are making it look a little smaller than it is, I think. I had three in it when I was in Europe for a month because the larger cage wouldn't fit at my pet sitters place. There is climbing space and the footprint is good. A larger cage may be ideal for three but this one certainly works.

Offline Sevast0

« Reply #135 on: July 30, 2010, 01:41:12 PM »
I moved my females back into their Martin's. Added some more litter boxes in hopes that they start using them and stop peeing out the sides. Since I did that I moved my lone male rat Dude into the Large Super Pet. Nothing fancy, he doesn't really like toys and doesn't do anything but chew up boxes. I've ordered a replacement shelf from the Super Pet website that will fit this cage so it should be coming next week. Then next on my list is an igloo or something of the sort for him. So he has a permanent sleepy hole and a sleepy hole he can destroy.

The cage

And the happy rat.

I'm seriously considering buying a CN for my rats. I just have to find some room to put a CN. For some unknown reason ALL (except Dude) of my rats have suddenly decided to try their hardest to destroy their cages. So I'm thinking of moving them into a semi-indestructible CN.

Offline Kikoh

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #136 on: July 30, 2010, 10:57:45 PM »
If your rats are hardcore chewers you might want to get a Bass Pan for the CN, they are plastic and my girls chewed through them.

Offline rattenhuis

« Reply #137 on: July 31, 2010, 04:08:48 PM »
Hello this is oure cage !

www.hetrattenhuis.nl

Offline Victoriaa

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #138 on: August 21, 2010, 09:45:07 PM »
My Super Pet My First Home Large:

Inside holds: Elliot, somewhere between 12 and 18 months, a dollarama basket, wood chew stick, two hammocks I made [flat and cube], black tee pvc pipe, homemade hide box, bird toy, dollarama pylon, his food dish, water dish, and water bottle.

Enjoy. I think I've done a nice job to a cage that has no levels at all.

P.S.-He is OBSESSED with the cube and the basket.

Offline tinytippytoes

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #139 on: September 22, 2010, 06:32:36 AM »
Im really starting to hate my cage :(. I love the size but its become a reaaallllllyyy long chore to clean. I think its because I have the levels all over the place. I have the monster one. The one thats taller than me. 5'4 Do you think if I make less levels (putting it to three across instead of 2 here and 1 there  and use liners it would make it easier? Any other suggestions besides getting a new one. Hope Im making sense here.....I was exausted coming home late last night but manged to clean and let the monsters out for a bit.

Offline chebechuff

• Ritten
« Reply #140 on: October 20, 2010, 08:29:46 PM »
I absolutley LOVE all of the cage pictures on here! I also have a super pet 3 level cage for my 2 males. Ive noticed a lot of people have numerous hammocks and cloth in the cages. I used to put 2 hammocks in my cage, but i always had an issue with the smell. I swear my rats would only urinate on the hammocks! So my question is, how many times a week does everyone clean their cages? Do you wash the cloth items evey time? Just curious, thanks!

Offline tinytippytoes

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #141 on: October 24, 2010, 01:14:34 PM »
I have 3 males and I change their hammocks everyother day. Males just smell more and you need  to harness it!!!! I wipe down every day with babywipes. Once a week there baskets and toys get soaked also their bricks(for pee and holding down a litter pan). Sometimes you need to go out of the box and find what works for you.

Offline Sydnii

« Reply #142 on: October 24, 2010, 08:08:19 PM »
Sevast, your boy just looks so darned comfy! 

Offline Sydnii

« Reply #143 on: October 24, 2010, 08:21:21 PM »
Just remembered I had pics to post   ::)

Remsy says: Please, don't eat mee!

Holding a hammock out of the way so you can see the banana-shack and Spence hiding in it

You can see Robin's nose and tail in the red hidey-place.  And also, our one halloween hammock that I made this weekend!
(If you're wondering where the wire floor is coming from in a Super Pet (gasp!), it's from an old ferret cage that I burglarized.  And after much rust-scrubbing and washing and RustOleuming (and then lots of waiting), I now have a second full level, as well as being able to get rid of two of those icky plastic shelves.)

Offline tinytippytoes

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #144 on: October 28, 2010, 09:19:50 PM »
I got it down to 20 minutes!!! Yes !!!!! I have the biggie SP and its been a real chhooorreeeee to clean. SSOOOO I rechanged everything in the cage so its easy for mom to clean it out. So now I like it again. I mean for me to wipe everything. Ledges ,baskets and to change the litter box took me 45 mins.in the past. No more I am now a free woman LOL. Now I have to tell you after doing everything I vacumed and guess what. It died on me. You can't win really Im telling you.
I clean their cage like that every other day and just spot clean on the other day because I have a wee mouse to look after too. Whew I even had time to write here!!! Have a nice night everyone unless your on the other side of the world LOL then good morning! :)

Offline AlwaysAmy

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #145 on: November 01, 2010, 02:08:58 PM »

The SP girls cage this week.

Look at those cute noses poking out!

The SP boys cages this week.  8 boys, 4 in each cage, plus their on top & in between cage play area.  The mesh wire thing on the top of the cages can be turned over & make one big ultra cage.  But for now (while we are still doing intros) it is just a bridge of sorts for the up top play area.

Big pile of man meat!

Snoozy ball.

Adorable widdle boy faces!

Offline kscanuck785

• Posts Too Much!
    • http://ratsinpants.webs.com/ & http://www.etsy.com/shop/RatsInPants
« Reply #146 on: November 01, 2010, 06:17:57 PM »
I love your creativity with your cage, AlwaysAmy!!
I looks great and your rats def. have lots a variety with all the toys!!! :thumbsup2:

Offline tinytippytoes

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #147 on: November 02, 2010, 08:33:42 PM »

I hope you dont mind that I make this adorable ratum my wallpaper here. :)

Offline tinytippytoes

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #148 on: November 16, 2010, 08:50:30 PM »
I really dont want to lose this post. So I have a question.  I know it can be a pain to clean these cages with small doors and such...so my question what did you to modify (or not) to make it easier. I did some modifying on mine and moved ledges around to make it easier to wipe down or pull liners of...etc. So what did you do?

Offline AlwaysAmy

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #149 on: November 16, 2010, 08:58:40 PM »
I really dont want to lose this post. So I have a question.  I know it can be a pain to clean these cages with small doors and such...so my question what did you to modify (or not) to make it easier. I did some modifying on mine and moved ledges around to make it easier to wipe down or pull liners of...etc. So what did you do?

I haven't really modded my cages.  I made a topper to bring two cages together but I just removed the top doors to do that.  Not hard.

I don't mind the small doors.  That's okay with me.

I have been thinking of making 'permanent' shelves for my super pet cages & taking out the plastic shelves.  This is mostly because taking the shelves out every week & resetting the cages & reclipping the liners back on is pretty time consuming.  Plus, the cages are so tall that I think I would like to put in a couple more large floor space levels.  I am still working out how I am going to do it.  Every time I take the cages apart I am mentally remaking them.  I will probably only do one cage & see how it works.  Probably my fat man rats first to see how the 'shelf' holds up & figure out a way to reinforce them.

It's either that or start seriously watching CL for a ferret nation cage & sell off my super pet cages.  That's a pipe dream though.  haha  Plus, I don't really NEED new cages.  I like to modify & remake things so I think just adding a permanent shelf will work better for me.   ;D