Author Topic: Post pics of your superpet cages!  (Read 79446 times)

Offline AlwaysAmy

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Post pics of your superpet cages!
« Reply #75 on: March 20, 2010, 03:21:52 PM »
I have pictures of my SP cage that I will load up today.  Just wanted to pop in & say how much I've enjoyed this (& the other 2 pictures of cages threads)!  They have given me so many ideas for my girls!

:balloon:

Offline Jennandjuicetm

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #76 on: March 20, 2010, 03:30:33 PM »
Bottom:

Is that a rug in the bottom? Do you just wash it?
RIP:

Offline myusername20

« Reply #77 on: March 20, 2010, 04:58:23 PM »
Bottom:

Is that a rug in the bottom? Do you just wash it?

Yea, it's a rug and yes, wash it in the machine...and all the rest of their bedding. Throw a little vinegar in with the detergent. It works pretty well with the only problem being I have to wash a LOT and clean the cage a lot because of urine. I mix it up with using the rugs or just throwing in carefresh bedding on the bottom if I'm not going to have the time to change the rugs a lot. I like the rugs because we don't have the funds right now to buy enough carefresh to keep it changed as much as I like (sniffles).
<3 Rest In Peace Edmund ratty, Luuvi hammy, and Taffy-cat <3
Rat: Simone
Mice: Chloe and Echo
Hamster: Bubbles
Cats: Jade, Tigger, and Mara
Dogs: Kipling and Ranger

Offline myusername20

« Reply #78 on: March 20, 2010, 05:00:18 PM »
It's a fabulous cage set up!  You get massive props from me for putting together decorations so economical and inventive. 

Thanks!!  :BlueDumboSmile:  :rattysmiley:

Offline AlwaysAmy

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #79 on: March 20, 2010, 10:42:58 PM »
Here is my cage this week!  & a couple pictures of the girls 'sploring!

I made all the hammocks, cubes & liners myself!  I have been sewing like mad this week in prep for my new nekkid girl & because I am getting another SP cage just like the one I have for the boys!  I love this cage!

Offline Stacy M

• Posts Too Much!
  • Missy always in my <3
« Reply #80 on: March 20, 2010, 11:08:06 PM »
Wow, you have a very unique cage set up.  Very nice.  I really like the unique type of igloo too.  It's also funny how the lab blocks ended up at the bottom of the "slide" lol

Oh, and that basketball thing looks alittle unsafe.

Offline AlwaysAmy

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #81 on: March 20, 2010, 11:11:36 PM »
I always put their blocks at the bottom of the slide.  When I moved Winky into the cage that is where she would stash her dry goodies, so I just started putting them there to begin with to save us both the time & a little cage mess.  Since then all the ratties just leave them there.  I have pretty tidy girls.

The basketball looks unsafe?  May I ask why?  Argie loves it & carries it around in her mouth & plays with it.  I'd hate to take it from her.  :(

Offline Stacy M

• Posts Too Much!
  • Missy always in my <3
« Reply #82 on: March 20, 2010, 11:37:18 PM »
In the pic, it looks like the edges might be sharp enough for her to cut her paws on.  Perhaps it looks worse than it is?  I'd test it with my finger pushing hard against it.

Offline AlwaysAmy

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #83 on: March 20, 2010, 11:54:07 PM »
In the pic, it looks like the edges might be sharp enough for her to cut her paws on.  Perhaps it looks worse than it is?  I'd test it with my finger pushing hard against it.

Oooh.  :)  I will test it & see what I think.  Thanks for the heads up. 

Offline Wheeljack

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #84 on: March 21, 2010, 01:36:00 AM »
AlwaysAmy, it looks great!
I may be going blink but i can't quite make out how you have the liners attached--are they tied to the cage bars?

btw:  If the basketball is sharp you can smooth the edge with a soldering iron or even just a nail heated with a cigarette lighter.

Offline AlwaysAmy

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #85 on: March 21, 2010, 01:59:08 AM »
AlwaysAmy, it looks great!
I may be going blink but i can't quite make out how you have the liners attached--are they tied to the cage bars?

btw:  If the basketball is sharp you can smooth the edge with a soldering iron or even just a nail heated with a cigarette lighter.

They are tied onto the bars.  I made them because I needed liners that also have the holes in them (for the tunnels that attach to the shelves of this cage).  I am still trying to figure out exactly how I want to make them.  I sewed these ribbons into the liners.  I also made some with the corners folded so I can thread ribbons through, thus I could replace them incase the ratties chew them.  I know you can do clips but these shelves are deep & have a lip & I don't know if they would work like I'd want them to.  I am also thinking of making some that have hammocks built into them & hang under the shelves.  We shall see.  I am still cooking things up in my head.

Offline jessicarobyn

« Reply #86 on: March 22, 2010, 02:34:02 AM »
AlwaysAmy, what kind of cage do you have?

Offline AlwaysAmy

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #87 on: March 22, 2010, 11:18:06 AM »
AlwaysAmy, what kind of cage do you have?

I have the Super Pet 'My First Home' cage.  I like it because I can move all the shelves around each time & remake the layout of the cage.  The rats really like all the slides & tunnels. 

Offline Wheeljack

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #88 on: March 22, 2010, 04:08:08 PM »
Thought I'd post a pic of my modified SPE.  I actually am no longer using the original shelves or ramps that came with it.  I built a full middle floor and found some hanging closet organizers that have the same footprint as the shelves.  I get bored with my cages very quickly so I may wind up putting the original shelves back in there at some point.

Full view:

Top:

Bottom:

Offline myusername20

« Reply #89 on: March 25, 2010, 03:32:20 PM »
My current cage setup....got some nice liners courtesy of Lauren_22! Also have a matching liner for the whole bottom but this week using carefresh down there.

[/URL]

One of the levels (the top where they sleep):

[/URL]

The very bottom (the "litter box", eating and drinking area):

[/URL]

Offline AlwaysAmy

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #90 on: March 29, 2010, 06:25:47 PM »
Here is mine again this week.  I found some sweet new shelves so I've been messing around trying those out.

I've usually don't give them boxes as part of the cage set up just because they shred them up so fast & make a mess.  But I've got so many saved up, I figured I should give them a few & stop saving boxes for awhile!  haha

Offline furbabyfurniture

• Furbaby Furniture
« Reply #91 on: March 31, 2010, 06:36:13 AM »
When I was still teaching last year, I had one of those rolling bins to take work/teacher's editions home with me to take care of.  Well, other teachers/students started noticing I was snatching up all the empty tissue boxes to take home to the rattums lol needless to say I needed up with GARBAGE bags FULL of empty TP rolls and tissue boxes hahaha  It took me several months of giving them like 3-5 boxes at a time to go through them all and not get the evil eye from hubby dearest for having garbage bags of "trash" and not throwing it out hehehe  :P

Offline Stacy M

• Posts Too Much!
  • Missy always in my <3
« Reply #92 on: March 31, 2010, 11:27:45 AM »
Aww the vintage looking little girl in blue fabric looks so cute in there (especially with the fuzzy fabric lining it).  Are those things knitted or crocheted?  I might have my mom knit me some hammies/toys lol.

Furbaby-LOL  You weren't hoarding "garbage" you were recycling!

Offline AlwaysAmy

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #93 on: March 31, 2010, 12:02:49 PM »
It's not vintage looking, it is vintage.  I love to thrift shop & I am always dragging home fabric.  I make all my hammies out of that stuff.  It's way cheaper, more unique & green to boot.  :)

Offline redmonkeystarr

« Reply #94 on: April 03, 2010, 01:13:53 PM »
i am getting the purple SP cage with the slide, it is coming on tuesday... i am getting ideas looking at y'alls setup... i like the idea of using rug at the bottom... but first get the boys litter trained...

i want to start sewing as soon after i collect some fleeces, i want and need to make some liners, hammocks and houses etc...it'll be fun!

Evenstar

Offline ChoirRat86

• My Girls - Darla and Dory
« Reply #95 on: April 27, 2010, 12:23:01 AM »
I just got my first rats (2 girls) a couple of weeks ago, and have them in a My First Home for Critters...

Offline dumboratties

« Reply #96 on: May 13, 2010, 07:42:59 AM »
i can't wait! i'm picking up a slightly used, but in new condition super pet 3 floor ferret cage tomorrow! i can't wait to decorate it :BlueDumboSmileTongue:
proud rat mommy of Leeloo, Willow, Alice and Lucy, Waffles, Duncan, Bones, Jack, Ichabod and Benny

Offline LOTR_Ratties

• Posts Too Much!
  • Life ends when we become silent about what matters
    • Zoe's Hammie Haven
« Reply #97 on: May 13, 2010, 07:50:37 AM »
My old blind man Gollum is living in a SP Deluxe Care Home with the shelf taken out. He doesn't get around so well anymore, so he's just living in the one level, with plenty to do on the ground, and a couple of low hanging hammocks for him to easily get into. I don't have a decent picture unfortunately, but you guys have some great shots!!

Offline Stacy M

• Posts Too Much!
  • Missy always in my <3
« Reply #98 on: May 16, 2010, 09:54:50 PM »

Offline Jennandjuicetm

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #99 on: May 22, 2010, 02:58:16 AM »
Yay I have a clean cage and a camera at the same time!
We have the purple milti level ferret cage.

The whole thing:

Top:

Top left:

Middle:

Other middle:

Right other middle:

Bottom:

All that for just two ratties!
RIP: