Author Topic: Post pics of your superpet cages!  (Read 79683 times)

Offline megadocious

Re: Post pics of your superpet cages!
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2010, 10:06:39 PM »
Thanks for the size comparison, Wheeljack! I have been trying to envision how my space is going to change once I get a CN! :D

And here's my cage from Christmas time so there's a picture in my post.  :BlueDumboSmile:

Offline loveforrats16

• Posts Too Much!
  • Dont Own An Animal If You Cant Take Care Of It.
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2010, 09:41:05 PM »
all your guys rats are either REALLY small, or the cages are REALLY big lol
Dont wait around for someone else to do something that needs to be done.
Adopt, Love, Take Care, Take Charge.

Informational Websites;
http://ratguide.com/health/basics/advanced_health_check.php
rmca.org/Resources/rmcafaq.htm
ratfanclub.org/firstaid.html
afrma.org/rmindex.htm
quite.co.uk/rat

Offline Wheeljack

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2010, 08:26:45 PM »
Obviously I don't like this cage as much as my FN, but the shelves are SOOOO much easier to deal with than the ones on the FF (which snap on in a similar manner).

Offline Scubbs

• Posts Too Much!
  • Pick the adoption option!
    • Chelsey's Cozies
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2010, 11:19:00 PM »
Here's Maddie's cage this time around  :)  I made a new shelf liner and floor liner out of recycled fleece that I was using to cover the pan in the FN when it was setup.

I know, that tube is ridiculous  :P  She loves it, though!

In the squished amount of space under the shelf there's a corner hidey from LOTR_Ratties that fits PERFECTLY.

And to the left, is her plastic house with fleece on top, since she likes to climb over there via the hammocks and lounge.

Lastly, here's the purdy girl herself, who will be 3 years old in only a few weeks!
  <~~ Add Chelsey's Cozies on Facebook!  :)

Offline Moo_Max_RATS

• Posts Too Much!
  • ~If you take the Plunge, be sure you can Swim~
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2010, 11:30:04 PM »
Maddie is so pretty :-*

Offline Scubbs

• Posts Too Much!
    • Chelsey's Cozies
« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2010, 11:32:33 PM »
She's gone from a black hoodie to a rustic brown one!  :yelcutelaugh:  Oh, aging ratties...

Offline critterchic

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2010, 11:39:19 PM »
Maddie looks very good for her age. :thumbsup2:  And her cage looks like your FN, just in miniature! :yelcutelaugh:
"This is the beginning of a new day.You have been given this day to use as you will. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it.When tomorrow comes,this day will be gone forever; in it's place is something that you have left behind, let it be something good."

Offline Stacy M

• Posts Too Much!
  • Missy always in my <3
« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2010, 11:49:36 PM »
Wow, I wouldn't have guessed she was a black hoodie.  She is gorgeous though-she doesn't even look old either!!
I love the cage-it's great as always.  The liners are just too cute!  You do such a good job of taking different hammock patterns and making them look like they belong together-I don't know how you do it.  It especially means a lot from me because I am obsessive about matching lol

Offline Scubbs

• Posts Too Much!
    • Chelsey's Cozies
« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2010, 12:16:50 AM »
Most of the time I don't even realize I'm matching things together!  Once I'm done, I'll step back and be like, "Well I'll be damned... apparently there's a theme!"  Of course, usually it's pink related.  :yelcutelaugh:

Offline RattiesSix

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2010, 06:30:44 AM »
Maddie is such a pretty lady. She really doesn't look nearly 3, at all!  :heart:
I have some hammocks very similar to that tube that I'd love to throw away, but a particular rat just wouldn't be able to function without them. :P

Offline Nomi

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2010, 07:56:58 AM »
She is an absolutely gorgeous 3 year young rat, and what a fashionable home she has. I hope my ladies can age in style like that when they have to go to a geri cage!

Offline vintagerat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2010, 11:55:25 PM »
Here is my Super Pet GIANT (47" long x 24" wide & tall) cage that I moved the rats into. They were in the top half of the double CN, but I moved them into this SP cage so I could set it on top of the rabbit's cages. l also did it so that I could have the corner where the double CN was, to put an over sized chair in there  :P. I'm trying to make my bunny room less "cagey" and more comfy!

Offline Sookie

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2010, 12:09:40 AM »

Offline Kikoh

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2010, 01:18:15 PM »
Sookie, i see you have the Marchorio cage with the small bar spacing. It's on top of your green superpet cage.
I have been looking for that cage online, and in stores. By chance did you get in online? If you did could you tell me where, I can not find it anywhere.

Offline Stacy M

• Posts Too Much!
  • Missy always in my <3
« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2010, 01:34:15 PM »
Sookie-what are the black tubes?

Offline Storyseeker

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #65 on: February 16, 2010, 09:10:23 PM »
They look like the plastic drainage pipes you can get at hardware stores.

Offline Stacy M

• Posts Too Much!
  • Missy always in my <3
« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2010, 09:48:00 PM »
They look like the plastic drainage pipes you can get at hardware stores.
Aha.  Thank you!  I gotta go to the hardware store (my bf will be thrilled lol!)

Offline Kikoh

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #67 on: February 16, 2010, 11:00:48 PM »
Here is my Super Pet GIANT (47" long x 24" wide & tall) cage that I moved the rats into. They were in the top half of the double CN, but I moved them into this SP cage so I could set it on top of the rabbit's cages. l also did it so that I could have the corner where the double CN was, to put an over sized chair in there  :P. I'm trying to make my bunny room less "cagey" and more comfy!

I have this for my  bunny Syd hes tiny, 2 pounds.
I think i remember you posting that cage on the Rabbit forum, I really like the cage, and was wondering how good it would be for rats.
Looks great, maybe I'll evict Syd, and move him to a C&C cage, and put the ratties in the SP giant.

Offline Scubbs

• Posts Too Much!
    • Chelsey's Cozies
« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2010, 12:39:51 PM »
I made Maddie a whole new cage set yesterday  ;D  I love this fabric!

A new tube (I thinks it's high time I threw out the other...), shelf pad, snuggle sack, and a cage pad underneath.

I had to hang the cube kind of ingeniously, since it's quite a bit from the top of the cage and she also can't get around too well these days.  Definitely should have made the hole more toward the bottom, but I was in hammock making-mode and just made it like normal.

Case in point - here she is bruxing out of frustration that she can't get out of the cube  :yelcutelaugh:

And where I found her this morning.  Why sleep in one of the new hammies when you can sleep under a cage pad?  :P

Offline Stacy M

• Posts Too Much!
  • Missy always in my <3
« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2010, 07:52:19 PM »
Aww I hate it when they ignore all our hard work! lol  I just adore the little buggy fabric!  I like how it's detailed, not just the typical cartoonish bugs (yet oddly I hate bugs in real life ??? )   

I sympathize with having to throw away your old tube.  While it was in tatters, I know how much it kills me to throw away hammocks.  And what is that bowl?  Not to be crude but I don't think it could be what I think it looks like  :yelcutelaugh: !!

Offline RattiesSix

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2010, 08:04:16 PM »
Scubbs, that's such a cute fabric.  :thumbsup2: I love Maddie looking irritated at not being able to get out of the cube easily. She's adorable.

Offline Kikoh

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2010, 08:10:47 PM »
Aww I hate it when they ignore all our hard work! lol  I just adore the little buggy fabric!  I like how it's detailed, not just the typical cartoonish bugs (yet oddly I hate bugs in real life ??? )   

I sympathize with having to throw away your old tube.  While it was in tatters, I know how much it kills me to throw away hammocks.  And what is that bowl?  Not to be crude but I don't think it could be what I think it looks like  :yelcutelaugh: !!
LOL i think its a little mouse....but I totally see what you mean.

Offline Kenzie

• Posts Too Much!
  • The Krusty Krab PIZZA Is THE PIZZA for YOU and ME!
« Reply #72 on: February 18, 2010, 03:25:30 PM »

LOL i think its a little mouse....but I totally see what you mean.
:eek:

Offline myusername20

« Reply #73 on: February 26, 2010, 07:40:46 PM »
Here is my SuperPet cage, which is also the Exotics "My First Home". It's an alright cage, but much too overpriced next to the great FN and Martin cages out there (I did not know this at the time! This cage goes for $99). This cage houses my two girl ratties. Planning on eventually getting nicely made hammocks and cage pads, but for now it is old towels and washcloths :)

Whole Cage:

Bottom:

Middle:

Top:

Side View:

Side View Closer:

Nothing fancy!
<3 Rest In Peace Edmund ratty, Luuvi hammy, and Taffy-cat <3
Rat: Simone
Mice: Chloe and Echo
Hamster: Bubbles
Cats: Jade, Tigger, and Mara
Dogs: Kipling and Ranger

Offline Storyseeker

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #74 on: February 26, 2010, 08:46:52 PM »
It's a fabulous cage set up!  You get massive props from me for putting together decorations so economical and inventive.