Author Topic: *sigh*  (Read 6230 times)

Offline Pumpkinseed

• Posts Too Much!
*sigh*
« on: July 18, 2008, 09:39:57 AM »
This is probably in the wrong section of the cat forum. But I had to post it cus.. its frustrating.

So i have a temporary roomate. pregnant and.. we'll say "hormonal" because I can use that word. heh.

But seh noticed she had a few knicks and scratches from Bug. (we ALL do) as i just said in another thread about him, we dont condone his scratching but sometiems he'll get to us before we can say no. Usually gently.

Well now she wants nothing to do with him because he "digs in his poop"

I"M SORRY. but she talks about her dog ALL the time. and Im like.. you're dog dug in poop, trash... ate cat poop (probably since most dogs do)

and now seriously she wants NOTHIGN to do with him and he LOVES HER!
They got along so well for a while he would sleep with her somet nights. (it was like a Tasha gets monday wednsday Friday and Mommy gets me the rest)
I kept telling her she was bugs GF.

but gah.
I'm just annoyed. she wont even let him on her "bed" anymore.. because hes HYPER or whatever.. (her excuse) when I know for a fact he was almost asleep when I went into the livingroom and just wanted to cuddle with her and she threw him off!

Ugh.
Mommy to: 7 Furbabies; Bug, Boo, Banana, Kazoo, Elliot, Simon and Duncan,
and one skin Baby; Little Miss Lily-Bug

Offline strangeduck

• Posts Too Much!
Re: *sigh*
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 05:13:13 PM »
Ugh...roommate troubles with your pets suck!!  I was fostering a cat for a friend once and the cat had behavioral issues, (peeing on any clothing or towels left on the floor in the bathroom) but was a really sweet cat and it was only temporary.  A few weeks in, my roommate flipped out threatened to kill the cat, cook it and feed it to her dog. :icon_puke_r: :icon_puke_r:  Then she gave me an ultimatum...her or the cat.  I told her to let me know what day she'd be out so I could start looking for a new roommate.

Luckily, it seems like you won't have that bad of an issue with it, but I can definitely empathize with your frustration.  Just keep your kitty away from your intolerant roommate and count down the days until you don't have a roommate any more.
Owned by 3 dogs, 2 cats, 1 snake and 3 adorable rattie boys!

Offline Pumpkinseed

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 07:56:30 PM »
Ugh...roommate troubles with your pets suck!!  I was fostering a cat for a friend once and the cat had behavioral issues, (peeing on any clothing or towels left on the floor in the bathroom) but was a really sweet cat and it was only temporary.  A few weeks in, my roommate flipped out threatened to kill the cat, cook it and feed it to her dog. :icon_puke_r: :icon_puke_r:  Then she gave me an ultimatum...her or the cat.  I told her to let me know what day she'd be out so I could start looking for a new roommate.

Luckily, it seems like you won't have that bad of an issue with it, but I can definitely empathize with your frustration.  Just keep your kitty away from your intolerant roommate and count down the days until you don't have a roommate any more.
shes really not a roomate lol... shes  a friend going through a situation and waiting until her apartment is available that im LETTING stay here.
LIke ARE YOU KIDDING ME???
you live in MY house for free.. eat the food I buy.. and drive my husbands car with the Gas I PAY FOR and you are going to complain about MY effin cat???
sometiems she drives me nuts .
but i couldnt just throw her out.

Offline NutKitty

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 12:28:48 PM »
Iono...  if someone was throwing my cat around, they'd be told to either tolerate the cat or get out.  Sorry!   :yelcutelaugh:

Offline strangeduck

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2008, 02:53:25 AM »
I'm with NutKitty here.  Sounds like you're taking a lot of crap from this chick (based on this and the thread in random chatter).   If she can't at least you respect you enough to treat your pet kindly, then I'm not sure I'd consider maintaining this friendship.
Owned by 3 dogs, 2 cats, 1 snake and 3 adorable rattie boys!

Offline Pumpkinseed

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2008, 07:00:09 PM »
I'm with NutKitty here.  Sounds like you're taking a lot of crap from this chick (based on this and the thread in random chatter).   If she can't at least you respect you enough to treat your pet kindly, then I'm not sure I'd consider maintaining this friendship.
lol pretty much. alot of crap. UGH.
She hasnt had a problem with him lately.. that I've noticed. so hopefully

Offline Pumpkinseed

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2008, 04:17:24 AM »
Looks lIke I've acquired a new kitty because of her as well..
She "rescued" a kitten from the petstore when we went in there for a fish. Paid almost 200 for him and some toys.. hes a siamese mix but. wtf?
anyways. She named him boo and since she's still staying with me we had to introduce bug and him and they get along. But Boo isn't fixed yet Only like 10 weeks according to these people. hes really small
Well she came in a few minutes ago yelling "IM NOT KEEPING HIM YOU CAN HAVE HIM HE PEED ON MY BLANKET"

and proceeded to pretty much yell at him after she left my room.
Its a flipping kitten.
Bug did the same thing when he was little

I guess I wont complain. I wanted to get bug a friend anyways.

Offline Pumpkinseed

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2008, 04:24:50 AM »

Offline whtnyte

• Posts Too Much!
    • My rats have stolen my heart!!! Pocket Pets Group
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2008, 06:02:24 AM »
#1 When you spend almost 200 on a cat, that's not a rescue, that's just stupidity when there are tons of beautiful animals that need loving homes in shelters every where. My mom and dad had two gorgeous Siamese cats and they both came from shelters. They weren't "mix" anything, pure Siamese, I think they paid like 50 dollars a piece to adopt them. They both lived to 13+ years old.
#2 If she can spend 200 bucks on a cat, she can afford a motel room. Maybe give her the money she spent on the cat back and tell her to pack her bags and have fun at the motel pool till her apartment is ready.
#3 OH, and if she can afford to spend that much on a cat, why on earth are YOU paying for the gas she is using driving one of YOUR vehicles around???

I'm not a "cat person" myself, but my mom's cat LOVES me lol (well, he likes my hard knuckles to nuzzle, he goes nuts when he sees me) but I have 7 pet rats. If anyone came into MY home and insulted or mistreated my babies, they'd go flying out the door! Even though my mom "is not a rat person" (she grew up in Detroit, in the 40s and 50s, where you learned to stay away if you saw a sewer rat)  she's come to appreciate my buddies and their intelligence, she grieves every time one passes away right along with me. It sounds like your "friend" just shouldn't have pets of any kind, period.

ETA Bug and his new buddy are ADORABLE together lol! What a couple of sweeties!!!
Reed & The Sillies.
"A rattie is a big heart and spirit wrapped up in a little furry body... it is in inspiring our love and laughter that their true size is revealed..."

Offline Pumpkinseed

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2008, 10:07:07 AM »
honestly, I don't know. a
I was half tempted to get one from the petstore because it looked so sad But I'm not stupid! and kittens at petstores go fast. I mean I don't know
I tried to talk her out of it Told her she didnt have the money.
Just glad I'm moving into my place in.. about a week and she's moving into her apartment on the 1st
well she better be gone heh.
Our "friendship" what there is of it after shes drivin me nuts will fare alot better.

This morning she made me mad. At night before we got Boo Bug would sleep with me so that he didnt "bother" her and he would listen to me. So now that we have Boo we keep them separated at night so we can sleep

She tossed him in my room sometime at 5 this morning and it woke me up. SO I kindly tossed him on her bed and slammed the door.
As to "not wake" her.

And honestly, I wont give her money back for this cat. Personally I dont have money like that to waste and Now I personally will be paying for his neuter and shots.
So she can live with the fact that she spent 200 dollars she "doesnt have"

Offline whtnyte

• Posts Too Much!
    • My rats have stolen my heart!!! Pocket Pets Group
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2008, 01:38:37 AM »
How did the move go?
Reed & The Sillies.
"A rattie is a big heart and spirit wrapped up in a little furry body... it is in inspiring our love and laughter that their true size is revealed..."

Offline Pumpkinseed

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2008, 02:08:54 AM »
So far, I just got my keys today, but I moved pretty much 90% of my things. Theres a few things that neither of us preggos can lift, so we're waiting till sunday, when Tasha's friends can help lol.
Its really exciting. I didnt really get a good look at the place before I chose it. Its military housing, so I knew it couldnt be too bad but i was FLOORED when I actually got in here today. :D and im going to pick up a desk tomarrow that I found on craigslist for 30 bucks :D and a dining room table for 100 .. a nice one too. Also paid off my couches today (thanks to my FIL lol). So I'm excited

Im almost nervous about bringing the cats.
Boo DOES seem to have a urination problem.
Does anyone have any ideas that can help? I already plan to not let the cats in the bedroom or the nursery at this point. But I dont know whats making him urinate EVERYWHERE im nervous about bringing him here. >.< But No matter what happens, im their pet so they're stuck with me. haha.

Offline Auntie Crazy

• Posts Too Much!
  • How could you NOT love those furry little faces?
    • CatCentric.org
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2008, 11:14:34 PM »
First thing I'd do with a kitty having a litter box issue is take him to the vet and rule out a urinary tract infection. Males are more prone to UTI's than females, kibble-fed kitties get them more often than those on wet-food diets, and fishy foods can make the situation even worse.

Once a physical problem is ruled out, you can look at other possibilities. What kind of litter was the kitten using in the pet store? If it's different than what he has now, that could be throwing him off. Stress can also cause litter box issues. Some cats are super finicky and will not use a litter box that has any waste already in it. Also, cats love to pounce one another and if Boo is pouncing the kitten when he's in the box, that could totally cause him to start avoiding it. How many litter boxes do you have? The recommendation is # of cats + 1, so, for two cats, it's recommended that you have three boxes (two, at the very least).

I have a coworker who has four cats and had five or six litter boxes - but all in the basement. One of his females is very timid and was being prevented from entering the cat door to the basement by a more dominant cat :BlueDumboBigEyes:.... and had to pee wherever she could. After weeks of my nagging (but only because they were renovating the basement anyway), he finally scattered the boxes so there was one or two on every level of the house. Voila! The peeing problems stopped.

Hopefully, the kitten's problem is something that is as easy to correct.  :thumbsup2:

P.S. I have never seen a more totally adorable pair of cats. Those pics are to die for!!!
AC's Crew: Allen, Rachel, Meghan, Spencer, Heather & Ralph

CatCentric.org: A raw feeding, feline nutrition, health and general cat care blog, article and resource site.