Author Topic: Update on my Moncton Rat Train Phat Girls :)  (Read 583 times)

Offline lilspaz68

• Posts Too Much!
Update on my Moncton Rat Train Phat Girls :)
« on: August 13, 2008, 08:42:49 PM »
Well Sweetpea has decided that losing weight is just not her thing.  I think she's older too so that doesn't help.  She just doesn't have the energy to exercise as much as the others.
She's got those eyes that draw you close to the cage but you had better not try to reach in the cage without being very aware of where she is.   :yelcutelaugh:  She's very wary inside the cage and will sneak around for a bite if you touch anything or your hand is in the cage, but when I tell her its time to come out, she stops, hunkers down and lets me pick her up.  Once she's out she's different.  Especially tonight, she kept running up to me (I was sitting on the floor with my arms and head on the bed, all bouncy and excited, and loving the petting...she was very happy tonight :)

The afeered cage monster

She's really a smaller girl, see her with Laurel as comparison.

Calla and Laurel in the hammie..
"Laurel, stop stepping on me!"

Calla loves to brux in her hammie

She's a very pretty and clean girl...hehe

Sweetpea is really lumpy, its very hard to describe and I finally have pics to show it.

She still tries to run but no hopping

Whatcha doing up there?

I think she likes her newest sleep spot.   :heart:

Offline Jayen

• .kaligney rats...where the rats choose the people.
    • Kaligney Rats
Re: Update on my Moncton Rat Train Phat Girls :)
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 09:22:58 PM »
Awww, they're beautiful! And Sweatpea looks just like a cuddly rat-bear :) I love her :)
|The Girls: Thowra, Serenity, Speck, Gingi, Trixie, Izzie, Keelie| |The Boys: Hughie, Lucky, Toy Boy| |Babies: 11 topaz/argente mm hooded|

Offline ZooKeeper83

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Meep
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 09:29:30 PM »
 :eek: lovehandles   :-*
Owned by: Dopey the basset; Lacey the border mix, Stinky, Lila and Happy the kittehs; Diesel the ball python; Rosie the dumeril's boa; Chili the children's python; Angus the bearded; Petri the leopard gecko; Addy the crested gecko

Offline lilspaz68

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 09:50:02 PM »

Someone else suggested Saddlebags...poor Pea, we're all discussing her weight issue in public.   ::)

Offline mamarat2

• Posts Too Much!
  • ratlover
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 10:47:13 AM »

Someone else suggested Saddlebags...poor Pea, we're all discussing her weight issue in public.   ::)

saddlebags jumped out at me.  Poor Pea.  My Beans was like that, a little more rounded on the sides but definitely had the weight thing going on.  That ratter was a force to be reckoned with though, sweetest thing, but she was in charge  ;D .
Interested in adopting?  Check out Small Angels

www.smallangelsrescue.org

Offline lilspaz68

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2008, 10:56:48 AM »

saddlebags jumped out at me.  Poor Pea.  My Beans was like that, a little more rounded on the sides but definitely had the weight thing going on.  That ratter was a force to be reckoned with though, sweetest thing, but she was in charge  ;D .

Did she live a decent life with bulk like that?  I am hoping I can spoil Pea with love for awhile before she goes.   :puppy_dog_eyes:

Offline mamarat2

• Posts Too Much!
  • ratlover
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2008, 03:48:52 PM »
Yah, I got the Beans girl from the local shelter and she was with us for a good year and a half, she was about a year old when we got her.  We had a mammary tumor taken off of her hind end at one point but it was lung problems that had her in the end.  She was one of the girls that we had on pred for a while due to masses in her lungs.  Otherwise she was a healthy rat.
Interested in adopting?  Check out Small Angels

www.smallangelsrescue.org

Offline starmaiden

• Panzy's Place Rattery
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2008, 02:15:18 PM »
awe! They are all adorable! I have a sweet pea too! Your Sweet Pea looks like my Pansy. She'll trim up a little and get healthy under your care Shelagh! She has the best rat mommy as can be now!

BTW: Have you considered liposuction?  :laughing11: