Author Topic: Best Location For Cockateil's Cage  (Read 11635 times)

Offline Rsue92

Best Location For Cockateil's Cage
« on: August 30, 2008, 08:57:39 PM »
I have 6 birds: 1 bonded pair of cockateils, a pair of sibling cockateils, (brother, sister) that share a cage, and a bonded parakeet and special needs cockateil, (they are the best of friends).
 I have rats, guinea pig and 2 rabbits. I currently keep the rats in the living room, a rabbit in my downstairs dining room, another rabbit in the upstairs in the dining room, 1 pair of cockateils in my living room and the other 2 bird cages are each in my daughter's rooms.
 I am going crazy trying to figure out the best location for all my cages! Should the birds be in the living room? Rats in the bedroom? Rabbits? guinea pig?
 HELP! Advice, please.

Offline another day another pet

Re: Best Location For Cockateil's Cage
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 07:06:25 PM »
 :thumbsup2:
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 03:50:46 PM by another day another pet »

Offline Arda

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 01:22:28 AM »
I have 7 tiels my self and numerous rats.  When the rats and the birds were in the same room, the dander and dust (didn't matter how well I cleaned) I seemed to have much more sneezing and resp. issues with my rats.  I would suggest keeping the birds as far away from the rats as possible. 

Offline Manic Amazon

• Ritten
  • Sweet Pea Aviary, Rescue and Rehabilitation
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 10:15:51 AM »
 :wave2: Hi there, if you havent already done so, I would suggest moving the birds out of the bedroom, or at very least getting an air cleaner for your girls.  Because of the dust they throw it can cause resperatory issues for them now and later.  I have an indoor/outdoor aviary for more than 40 birds right now and even with the air cleaner, I am changing the "dust catchers" weekly.  Also be sure that they are in an area where they are not in direct sunlight and not in a draft.  Best of luck and hopefully you will get it figured out, Manic Amazon
Manic Amazon and all the Fids at Sweet Pea Aviary, Rescue and Rehabilitation.

"Live your life in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip."