Author Topic: Opinions on this cage?  (Read 1070 times)

Offline Kritter Mom

• Posts Too Much!
Opinions on this cage?
« on: September 01, 2008, 12:23:04 AM »

It says it's a midwest cage, but I can't find anything about it. Specs are 36"w X 24"d X 48"h.
I'm searching for a cage for my parents. They are adopting Maia's three little boys. I know the spacing will be too big at first, and I have a temp cage until they grow, but, I figure they'll be big enough for the 1" spacing fairly quickly, they are already bigger than their sisters.
Anyway, has anyone owned this cage, or had experiance with it? It's being offered for 50$ with 3 shelfs or 60$ with four shelves.

Clover,Daisy, Lily and Mama

Offline LoveBurmese

• Hummingbird Ridge
Re: Opinions on this cage?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 10:41:47 AM »
http://www.midwesthomes4pets.com/category/default.aspx?maincatid=14&subcat=2&submenu=0&catid=15

It looks similiar to their cat playpens, although modded for ferrets.  I think that used to be their ferret cage before they came out with the oh so lovely FN.

I fostered a Ragdoll for a local rescue when I lived up in PA and they had a TON of these Midwest cages for their fosters/adoptables/etc.  I really liked them, easy to clean, although theirs were on casters which made things nice too.

For the price I think you're getting a good deal - unless it's a lot smaller than it looks like, looks roomy.  :BlueDumboSmileTongue:

Edited:  D'uh @ me.  You listed the measurements  :doh:  Yes it looks like the larger of the kitty playpens listed on the link I posted.  And so at that size, I think that's a good price, I'd pay it anyhow.  :thumbsup2:
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 10:43:49 AM by ladybuglilies »

Offline Kritter Mom

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 11:18:57 AM »
Thanks :) I'm thinking it would be great for Pepe, Grover and Rizzo, lots of room for them :)

Offline JTO_

• Posts Too Much!
  • Got rats?
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 11:29:19 AM »
That looks awesome, and the shelves look much sturdier than superpets, and OH! look no pee troughs.  :yelcutelaugh:   

Offline LoveBurmese

• Hummingbird Ridge
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 11:54:50 AM »
Thanks :) I'm thinking it would be great for Pepe, Grover and Rizzo, lots of room for them :)

Considering 24x36x48 will house 12 ratties by the cage calculator... I'd say Pepe, Grover and Rizzo will have plenty of room to play and also tons of room for your folks to deck out the abode with lots'o'stuff!

Offline Kritter Mom

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 12:03:16 PM »
For the price, it's so worth spoiling them with lots of room! I better get sewing, as I'll be providing the snuggly stuff for the cage  :thumbsup2: