Author Topic: Looking for a hairless boy or 2 in Northern IL!  (Read 3002 times)

Offline *~Phoenix~*

• Posts Too Much!
Looking for a hairless boy or 2 in Northern IL!
« on: September 14, 2008, 04:54:43 PM »
Hi, So someone contacted me, saying that she is allergic to rats' fur, and as a result, she has..1 rat. A hairless boy. And she said that if she couldn't find him another friend, she would have no choice, knowing that rats need a buddy, to put him up for adoption.
So I was wondering if anyone knew of any hairless boys available anywhere? I'd like to help her out as much as I can.
Thanks!
Home of Daisie, Maizie, Bailie, Maci, Ebony, Kassadee, and Ivy (mice); Chico and Maggie (dogs); Smeagol, Mia (cats); Wildfire (horse); Sullivan (aka Sully) and Jakey (goats); Starlight, Starbright, and Esteban (fish)

Offline Schrute

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
  • We create our own horror; animals have no choice.
Re: Looking for a hairless boy or 2 in Northern IL!
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 05:29:28 PM »
Has she tried Petfinder? If there are rescues not exactly close to her, she could always inquire about transport. :)

Offline trentsheba

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 06:42:36 PM »
Rat A Tat Tat Rattery is in central Illinois.  I'm not sure how far a drive that is, but their site says they have hairless.  It might be worth finding out.

Pets name: Ben
 Moe

Offline lilspaz68

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 12:02:00 PM »
Why not a furry friend that will keep him warm?  Nakies don't have to be paired with nakies :)

Offline *~Phoenix~*

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 11:49:58 PM »
Why not a furry friend that will keep him warm?  Nakies don't have to be paired with nakies :)

She's allergic to their fur, otherwise she would get him a furry friend!   ;)
Home of Daisie, Maizie, Bailie, Maci, Ebony, Kassadee, and Ivy (mice); Chico and Maggie (dogs); Smeagol, Mia (cats); Wildfire (horse); Sullivan (aka Sully) and Jakey (goats); Starlight, Starbright, and Esteban (fish)

Offline PnutLuv

• Posts Too Much!
    • SnoozieCubes
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2008, 05:25:39 PM »
I live in N Illinois, so if I hear of one, or see of anything in the paper, I'll post back! I know Pet Stores are a no no, but the place I got my girls had a male hairless.....

Offline Tiffany122

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 03:42:55 PM »
Rat A Tat Tat Rattery is in central Illinois.  I'm not sure how far a drive that is, but their site says they have hairless.  It might be worth finding out.

They do have hairless, pretty often it seems, so I would check her out.

Here's her website:
http://tropicalcactus.com/RAT-A-Tat-TAT-RATTERY-ILLINOIS.html

Offline Ratlovingkippy06

• Posts Too Much!
  • Thats alright my rat thinks your groose too:)
    • Rat photos
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2008, 12:41:01 AM »
vernon hills petsmart has a dumbo hairless male
R.I.P- Shadow, Apollo, Boo,Meka, Mandy, Remy, Kayla, Mia, Lexi, Sable, Romeo,Winstin, Sam, Missy  Annie,Selene, Leo, Juilet, Zeus Emma,Helen, Oreo, V, Troy, Hope, Beauty.