Author Topic: Martins pics! Everybody post your Martins here!  (Read 591688 times)

Offline Rattii

Re: Martins pics! Everybody post your Martins here!
« Reply #100 on: December 12, 2008, 08:09:51 PM »
wow.. thanks for all the info!!! so do you wash the "carpets" of just toss em and get new ones??? you guys just make your own? what holds them on? you made a good point about the ramps being steep.. i didnt even consider that.. any tips to get them to use a litter box?

Offline javakittie

• Posts Too Much!
    • KatsRatMats.etsy.com
« Reply #101 on: December 13, 2008, 07:47:27 AM »
wow.. thanks for all the info!!! so do you wash the "carpets" of just toss em and get new ones??? you guys just make your own? what holds them on? you made a good point about the ramps being steep.. i didnt even consider that.. any tips to get them to use a litter box?

Yes, you just wash the liners. I have several sets, so I do their laundry once a week. Some people make their own and others buy me from people like me who make them. Some people just get pieces of fabric and use those instead of making a real liner set. What holds them on is up to you. You can use office clips, the kind with the two metal bits and a black plastic triangle at the end. Some people use safety pins, velcro, clips, or even nothing at all. If you put the litterbox where they usually go, they generally pick it up quickly. You can go around the cage picking up stray raisins and putting it into the litterbox, too.

Offline LoveBurmese

• Hummingbird Ridge
« Reply #102 on: December 13, 2008, 08:14:51 AM »
My new Martin's are in !!!  I was going to go for the CN but having girls in one part and boys in another just scares me and I don't want accidents.  Plus we travel a fair bit and I like to take the ratties with me on long trips so I ordered 2 680's, powdercoated with pull out pans/pan doors.  I love how happy they are to do customs and that it isnt that expensive.  Amazingly fast shipping for this time of year, ordered one day, shipped the next, received the third day.  Monday is cleaning day so I'll probably have some pics to put up then.  I'm sure the kids will be pleased, I know I am, lol.

Offline Scubbs

• Posts Too Much!
  • Pick the adoption option!
    • Chelsey's Cozies
« Reply #103 on: December 14, 2008, 04:04:15 PM »
I wanna see more of WEAVER's cage pics  :D  Hopefully you're feeling better, Marsha!
  <~~ Add Chelsey's Cozies on Facebook!  :)

Offline JadesDream

• Stormy....TY 4 bringin me into the Rattie World <3
« Reply #104 on: December 15, 2008, 07:48:55 AM »
Weaver...I love, Love, LOVE your cage  :thumbsup2: Would you like to decorate mine?  :yelcutelaugh: I don't mind doin the sewing, I just HATE the cutting part  :confused:

Care & The Crew

proudly owned by 8 ratties;
Storm's Sons; Phoenix, Snow, Thunder, & Rain
My Halloween Babies; Chucky, Freddy, Jason, & Michael!
2 Southern Rescue Dogs; Dunstin & Buddy
My Soul Rat~*~*~RIP Stormy...U will be 4ever Loved & Missed~*~*~

Offline WEAVER

• Posts Too Much!
    • The Cozy Cavy
« Reply #105 on: December 15, 2008, 03:06:32 PM »
Thank you guys :)  Your too sweet.  I really enjoy decorating the ratties cage.  Sorry it has been a little while since I updated.  I have been real sick, but am beginning to feel better. 

Anyways, here are my latest pictures ;D

Top level.

Bottom level.

Here are a few extra close up pictures without the cage bars in the way.
Top level, right side.

Top level, left side.

Bottom level, right side.

Offline Schrute

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
  • We create our own horror; animals have no choice.
« Reply #106 on: December 15, 2008, 04:06:50 PM »
I seriously adore all of that pink. I also love how tidy your cage is. That is so awesome. :)

Offline JadesDream

• Stormy....TY 4 bringin me into the Rattie World <3
« Reply #107 on: December 15, 2008, 05:02:26 PM »
Weaver...

How in the world did you get that rope braid so perfect like that??? What I wanna know is  :BlueDumboSmile: do you sell em'?  :thumbsup2:

Care & The Crew  :heart:
Care & The Crew

proudly owned by 8 ratties;
Storm's Sons; Phoenix, Snow, Thunder, & Rain
My Halloween Babies; Chucky, Freddy, Jason, & Michael!
2 Southern Rescue Dogs; Dunstin & Buddy
My Soul Rat~*~*~RIP Stormy...U will be 4ever Loved & Missed~*~*~

Offline Heatherama

• Posts Too Much!
  • Empty
« Reply #108 on: December 15, 2008, 10:22:59 PM »
I have cage envy.  WEAVER....Scubbs....you are now ordered to stop posting pics of your ratties' homes.  Oh wait, but then who would I steal ideas from.....oh, OK, you can still post pics.   :BlueDumboSmileTongue:
"...Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned... ~ Tyler"

Offline JuliesZoo74

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #109 on: December 17, 2008, 01:49:51 PM »
Here's mine.  Not a great pic.  Doesn't match right now either but Christmas time is crazy!  Oh yeah!  Don't mind the messy playroom!

Offline Emymoo

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #110 on: December 18, 2008, 02:55:10 PM »
Gah! All these pictures of R-695's make me really REALLY want one   :BlueDumboBigEyes:
It would only be a spare cage, as my four are in a large ferret cage ment for eight... but I still one to look at  :BlueDumboSmile:

Next time I get baby ratties(probably in 2-4 years unfortunately) I will sell my SP Exotics(such a pain to clean) and get a R-695 for them

All the layouts look fab by the way! ;D
The dogs: Sara and Lola. The kitties: Emy and Molly
Rest in peace my sweeties
 Bella, Riley, Fuzz, Juno and Frederick <3

Offline JuliesZoo74

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #111 on: December 23, 2008, 03:02:27 PM »

I know how to do pink not just orange!

Offline JTO_

• Posts Too Much!
  • Got rats?
« Reply #112 on: December 23, 2008, 03:04:04 PM »
But we all know that it is killing you inside not having any orange.   :wink5:

Offline synelovator

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #113 on: December 25, 2008, 09:01:38 PM »
All your cages look SO pretty (Weaver, your cages AMAZE me...).  But since you all have beautiful fleece liners on your shelves, your ratties are all litter trained, no?  Do you just pick up after your ratties whenever a new one arrives?  Is there some kind of litter to liners turnover period when your kittens are getting litter trained?

Offline WEAVER

• Posts Too Much!
    • The Cozy Cavy
« Reply #114 on: December 27, 2008, 08:18:06 PM »
Here is my cage this time around.  The ratties got a few new hammocks and toys for Christmas :)

Top level.

Bottom level.

And a few new ones of my ratties  :-*

Delilah and Petunia wanting to come out.

Abigail.

"Momma please stop taking pictures."

"Love the new hammies."

Offline Schrute

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
« Reply #115 on: December 27, 2008, 09:28:45 PM »
It is so colorful. I adore your cage. I always want to kiss your ratties...  :-*

Offline WEAVER

• Posts Too Much!
    • The Cozy Cavy
« Reply #116 on: December 31, 2008, 09:37:14 AM »
I always want to kiss your ratties... 

"Did someone say "kisses"?  I love kisses"

Thanks for your nice comment Schrute ;)

Offline WEAVER

• Posts Too Much!
    • The Cozy Cavy
« Reply #117 on: December 31, 2008, 09:43:06 AM »
Ok, even though I was the last one to post my cage, I sewed the ratties up a few new things and cleaned their cage last night and I wanted to share.  It has been a while since I have done a pastel cage :D

Upper level

Bottom level

Another view of the bottom level.

So, what do you think?  Do you like the brights, or the pastels?  :wink5:

Offline Pepper

« Reply #118 on: December 31, 2008, 10:58:26 AM »
Weaver  - it is amazing! Not only is your cage beautiful but I have the same 3 ratties as you.  I have a black, russian blue, and a beige type.  It is so funny to see your pictures and think they could be mine.  I'll post a pic of my 695 after cleaning- but can't compete with yours :bow:

Offline Eugooglizer

• Posts Too Much!
  • Everything's got a moral, if only you can find it
« Reply #119 on: December 31, 2008, 12:25:49 PM »
Hmmmm.....brights vs. pastels.  Well I love that yellow polka dot hammie you have in there right now and all the pastels are so pretty but I think I really  :heart: the brights.  Not that it matters since your cage is absolutely fab either way!  I think that the brights just bring out your pink wodent wheel better (still lusting over your pink wodent wheel).

Offline Trouble

« Reply #120 on: December 31, 2008, 07:22:23 PM »
I can't wait for my R695 to arrive so I can decorate it and post pictures. I got an email from Becky though and it's on backorder.

Offline WEAVER

• Posts Too Much!
    • The Cozy Cavy
« Reply #121 on: January 01, 2009, 04:41:46 PM »
Pepper, I can't wait to see your cage :hyper:

Iheartmyrats, I got my wheel from MRR, if you would like to get one too  ;D

KimMeyer, you are going to love your R695.  When I was new too ratties, and trying to decide which cage was the "right one", I kept going back and forth between the FN and this cage.  I am really glad that I did not do the FN for my three girls.  This cage is plenty big for them and gives them lots of room to run and play and for me to hang lots of hammocks and toys.  I really think the FN would have looked so large in my livingroom, and been so much work to clean because of it's size.  I also like I can easily see the ratties while they are in the cage.  My girls are pretty small, even though they are full-grown.  I think I would have had to use the hardcloth on the FN all of the time.

I have been considering adopting a pair of neutered boys in the future.  If they were to get along with my girls that would be perfect, but if not, I can always get the 680 and set it on top of this cage with coroplast as the flooring inbetween both cages so they can't fight through the bars.

Offline Pepper

« Reply #122 on: January 01, 2009, 04:53:18 PM »
http://www.goosemoose.com/component/option,com_copperminevis/Itemid,210/place,displayimage/album,58/pos,7/
This is right after I set up the cage- from Craigslist ($60).  It is great and the girls love it.  I'll take better pictures of it more recent and maybe someday figure out how to post real pictures rather than the shortcut.  I'm using the photo album here on Goosemoose.  Happy New Year to everyone!!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 07:50:58 PM by Pepper »

Offline Schrute

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
« Reply #123 on: January 01, 2009, 04:57:59 PM »
I love that triangular hammock in the upper left hand corner. That is such a cute print!

Offline Ratlovingkippy06

• Posts Too Much!
  • Thats alright my rat thinks your groose too:)
    • Rat photos
« Reply #124 on: January 03, 2009, 01:52:28 AM »
I just ordered my first martin cage. The 695 was too large for me. Someone gave me a chinchilla verson and it was too hard for me to lift and clean :( SOO  i went with the R690, i know everyone loves the R 680 but it was too deep i had space for a cage 30X 14 X 36, i also wanted at least two full levels, i hope it works out. I have a FN with 6 rats in it and i want to neutored than add Remy to that mix. I ahve two very small girls that will go right through the FN and have been beat up everytime i try to intro the two groups so i think i am just going to put them in the Martins. Its should hold about 4 rats in it, the girls are really tiny.. I asked if they could make it 30 X 14 X 36 along with larger doors but i don't know if that is going to happen.
R.I.P- Shadow, Apollo, Boo,Meka, Mandy, Remy, Kayla, Mia, Lexi, Sable, Romeo,Winstin, Sam, Missy  Annie,Selene, Leo, Juilet, Zeus Emma,Helen, Oreo, V, Troy, Hope, Beauty.