Author Topic: Martins pics! Everybody post your Martins here!  (Read 564531 times)

Offline JTO_

• Posts Too Much!
  • Got rats?
Re: Martins pics! Everybody post your Martins here!
« Reply #75 on: November 29, 2008, 09:48:25 PM »
Your decorating for christmas a little early though.   :BlueDumboSmileTongue:

Offline WEAVER

• Posts Too Much!
    • The Cozy Cavy
« Reply #76 on: November 29, 2008, 09:58:08 PM »
Your decorating for christmas a little early though.   

It is after Thanksgiving, so it is officially "Christmas time"  ;D
Seriously, even with me just making their stuff today, that only gives them about four weeks to be able to use it.

Offline JTO_

• Posts Too Much!
  • Got rats?
« Reply #77 on: November 29, 2008, 10:03:08 PM »
True. 

Offline Beeranndee

• Rats are the best
« Reply #78 on: November 30, 2008, 12:56:36 AM »
Your decorating for christmas a little early though.  

It is after Thanksgiving, so it is officially "Christmas time"  ;D
Seriously, even with me just making their stuff today, that only gives them about four weeks to be able to use it.

It's ok,, my christmas tree has been up since a week before Thanksgiving  :yelcutelaugh:
There is no greater love than that of a rat

Offline Scubbs

• Posts Too Much!
  • Pick the adoption option!
    • Chelsey's Cozies
« Reply #79 on: November 30, 2008, 03:14:28 AM »
What is this "too early" for Christmas nonsense?  :yelcutelaugh: 

I'm with Beerandee, my tree has been up for a couple weeks now!  I love the whole feel of Christmas and the winter season  :)  This year I'm hopefully making my ratties wintery cage set  :D

Marsha, the cage looks wonderful!  I love that tumbling trees fabric, it's really gorgeous.  The cubes look great  :thumbsup2:
  <~~ Add Chelsey's Cozies on Facebook!  :)

Offline WEAVER

• Posts Too Much!
    • The Cozy Cavy
« Reply #80 on: November 30, 2008, 04:09:06 PM »
This year I'm hopefully making my ratties wintery cage set 

I can't wait to see it!  I am going to sew the girls a pastel winter set hopefully this week if I can find the time.  I still have to put the piggies' winter cages together before I can make the ratties anything else.  I don't want the piggies to think they are not loved :D

Offline Scubbs

• Posts Too Much!
  • Pick the adoption option!
    • Chelsey's Cozies
« Reply #81 on: November 30, 2008, 10:38:33 PM »
I've still yet to decide which print I want to use for the set.  I'd like it to be all fleece, though, since it does get pretty chilly in my room at night, and also because fleece/fleece hammocks last a lot longer then regular ones.  Hopefully I'll get some time to sew it soon!  What with the HVRR raffle hammocks and all the orders I have currently, that might be a bit tough.  Even if it doesn't get done, I don't think the ratties will suffer much  :yelcutelaugh:
  <~~ Add Chelsey's Cozies on Facebook!  :)

Offline littleblacksheep

• Ritten
« Reply #82 on: December 01, 2008, 07:12:22 PM »
I myself was one of those debating whether or not to buy a Martin's cage or something else for my three boys. After seeing all these pictures I've decided to go for a Martin's and decorate it. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how they attached the fabric or whatever material they used to the cage floors. I have a pretty good idea how I want to set mine up but just need a little advice on how it's done effectively. I don't want my boys to destroy it though. The cage I plan on buying is the Rat Tower and I want to line the cage bottom and the levels with some sort or fabric that I can remove and put through the wash. I'm going to put in a large wodent wheel or two if possible, some hammocks from Chelsey's Cozies, some ropes, and a litter box. I don't want to do tile though. How did you all cover the floors? Thanks in advance!

Offline Jenn_85

• Posts Too Much!
  • Sweepy Ratties!
« Reply #83 on: December 05, 2008, 04:28:24 AM »
I just use towels, folded to the size of the shelves, and safety-pin them to the cage so the rats can't drag them away.

Offline M&Msisters

« Reply #84 on: December 05, 2008, 08:03:51 PM »
OMG it is such a long wait and it has only been a week since I ordered :yelcutelaugh:well I cant make it come any faster.
My petting zoo
2.00 rats 2.00 teddy bear hamsters 2.00 dwarf hamsters 1.00 cat
1.00 horse

Offline ratsrock92

« Reply #85 on: December 06, 2008, 01:26:19 PM »
Does anyone have the ruud? That thing looks huge!!!! I would love to see some pictures of that!!!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 09:38:19 AM by ratsrock92 »

Offline CinemaGeek

• Posts Too Much!
    • CinemaGeek's YouTube
« Reply #86 on: December 06, 2008, 07:58:53 PM »
I have a Ruud. I'll post some pics of it after cage cleaning and rat laundry tomorrow night.
2 ratitas: Shiloh and Oracle
2 ratitos: Ronnie and Casper
Ratty videos at www.youtube.com/cinemageek

Love forever to my angels Taco, Java, Pepper, Maggie, Harry, Rosey, Skippy, Pancake, Ike, Trouble, Maeve, Slick and Buster

Offline Klair Who

« Reply #87 on: December 06, 2008, 08:15:52 PM »
I just got mine, so the decoration is a bit thrown together, but here it is:

I'll post another when it's a bit better done.

Offline LoveBurmese

• Hummingbird Ridge
« Reply #88 on: December 08, 2008, 05:44:00 PM »
Do any of you have the slide out pan option?  I'm considering ordering with slide out pans instead of drop pans because I'm so short and have trouble picking the cages up and out of the drop pans without making a huge mess.  If anyone does ... do the ratties chew on the pans?  That's my only worry.
Thanks in advance!
Kristen [who is always on the lookout for the perfect cage for her boys who are apparently un-trainable when it comes to litter boxes]

Offline javakittie

• Posts Too Much!
    • KatsRatMats.etsy.com
« Reply #89 on: December 08, 2008, 09:13:03 PM »
Cleaned the cage today, so I thought I'd finally post in here

*ahem* I like purple..

Offline WEAVER

• Posts Too Much!
    • The Cozy Cavy
« Reply #90 on: December 08, 2008, 11:21:21 PM »
Javakittie, is that the 680?  I really like that cage. 

Offline CinemaGeek

• Posts Too Much!
    • CinemaGeek's YouTube
« Reply #91 on: December 09, 2008, 04:31:12 AM »
Ok, as promised, here is my Ruud (R699), right after a cleaning. Sorry about the odd angle, but the cage is in a corner and there is a dresser right behind me. I couldn't take a straight on picture. Pancake poses inside for everyone.  :BlueDumboSmile:

The top bit

And the bottom bit

2 ratitas: Shiloh and Oracle
2 ratitos: Ronnie and Casper
Ratty videos at www.youtube.com/cinemageek

Love forever to my angels Taco, Java, Pepper, Maggie, Harry, Rosey, Skippy, Pancake, Ike, Trouble, Maeve, Slick and Buster

Offline javakittie

• Posts Too Much!
    • KatsRatMats.etsy.com
« Reply #92 on: December 09, 2008, 06:31:48 AM »
Javakittie, is that the 680?  I really like that cage. 

Yep, it is. It's my absolute favorite Martin's cage.

Offline Katie_Cody

• Watties!!!!!
« Reply #93 on: December 09, 2008, 06:53:17 AM »
My parents just bought me The New Englander (FNE-480)!  They were getting annoyed at me for not wanting anything for Christmas, so they splurged for an awesome cage!  I'll be sure to post pictures when it comes!  For those who have one, how hard is it to set it up?

Offline Klair Who

« Reply #94 on: December 09, 2008, 07:47:40 AM »
My parents just bought me The New Englander (FNE-480)!  They were getting annoyed at me for not wanting anything for Christmas, so they splurged for an awesome cage!  I'll be sure to post pictures when it comes!  For those who have one, how hard is it to set it up?
With zip-ties, it's a cinch, just make sure you don't put on the door upside-down like I did.  ;D

Offline ratsrock92

« Reply #95 on: December 09, 2008, 09:45:47 AM »
CinemaGeek, thanks for the picture's of the Ruud. That cage is huge! I have a 695 on the way so I should have some martin's cage pics to post soon.

Offline Rattii

« Reply #96 on: December 11, 2008, 10:47:09 PM »
does everyone get the powdercoated martins? im still debating on the 685 or the 690.. i think that the 690 would be better in the long run especially if we get some more rattiies!!! what are you guys using for carpet?? and how are you going about keeping all the little potties off of it?? no shavings at the bottem?

Offline WEAVER

• Posts Too Much!
    • The Cozy Cavy
« Reply #97 on: December 12, 2008, 03:09:45 PM »
Yes, you want to order the powder coated cage, not the other one. 

I personally think you are going to be happier with the 685 over the 690.  The 690 has very steep ramps that older rats will probably have a hard time to get up and down on and really the floor space is REALLY small.  If you want a larger sized cage to get more rats, I would do something no smaller than the 695.  In my opinion I think the 680 is a nicer cage that is has better door openings to access the rats and clean the cage than either of the cages that you are thinking about purchasing.  The 680 is large enough to hold 3 rats, the 695 is large enough for five rats.

Offline javakittie

• Posts Too Much!
    • KatsRatMats.etsy.com
« Reply #98 on: December 12, 2008, 06:50:54 PM »
*seconds everything Weaver said*

What exactly do you mean by carpet? I know a few people use scrap pieces of carpeting. If you mean what alot of people are using to cover their levels and that, I think a good majority use fleece. Some like flannel better, including me. The point of the liners is to keep from having to scrub the cage as often, since the liner gets dirty and not the cage itself. You change out all the fabrics every 2-3 days instead of scrubbing once a week. Some people like to only line the shelves and top floors, using a litter for the base. otherwise you put litterboxes where they use the bathroom the most with litter in them. 9 times out of 10 the rats will litter train pretty quickly.

Offline lex

« Reply #99 on: December 12, 2008, 07:40:05 PM »
Oh my gosh! Your cages are fantastic. I'm new here, I just had to tell you how awesome your cages are. Right now I only have two rats, in just a standard sized cage (biggest one at the pet store). I'm a poor college student, so no big cage for me right now :( I would love to get my little ratties a nice big cage. Those of you that line it with carpet or fabric, how do you get your rats from digging it up and getting it everywhere? I tried to line my cage in fleece and they just messed it up and left it bunched in the corner.