Author Topic: Apollo.. Remy and Now Romeo :(  (Read 682 times)

Offline Ratlovingkippy06

• Posts Too Much!
  • Thats alright my rat thinks your groose too:)
    • Rat photos
Apollo.. Remy and Now Romeo :(
« on: October 02, 2008, 12:13:17 AM »
 Those who have followed Apollo and Remy's story know that this past summer has been a hard one. Apollo died of heart failure. We didn't know the cause of dealth, his feet became swollen before he died. Than Remy who is much younger than Apollo became  sick, his foot was swollen with X rays negitive for any broken bones. We started him on  heart meds and the swelling went down. Now i went in to check on Romeo and the girls and he is holding his leg up just like Apollo and Romeo did. IM going to call my vet in the morning. Romeo just had his first birthday, its hard enough to keep hope up with Remy and now Romeo is sick.. i don;t know how much more i can take emotionally. I know when you have a larger amount of rats things will show up more and more but it seems like i have had some really bad luck with my rats this year. :(
R.I.P- Shadow, Apollo, Boo,Meka, Mandy, Remy, Kayla, Mia, Lexi, Sable, Romeo,Winstin, Sam, Missy  Annie,Selene, Leo, Juilet, Zeus Emma,Helen, Oreo, V, Troy, Hope, Beauty.

Offline baileyjane

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Apollo.. Remy and Now Romeo :(
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 02:47:55 AM »
 :heart:   Sending healing thoughts Romeo's way, and  BIG {{{HUGS}}} to you...  :heart:
**Love my boys!**

Offline lilspaz68

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 07:08:35 AM »
Much more common than heart issues is a sprain...its ikely thats all you have this time.  Usually heart issues show up over time...

Offline Claymore

• Posts Too Much!
  • Claymore my <3
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 08:32:35 PM »
My fingers are crossed for your Romeo.
Happy Endings Mischief: Jack, Cooper, Moe, Solitaire, Othello, Rossie, Jazz, Raquaza, Elmo, Breeze, LaRaeRae & Laurelee.

Rainbow Bridge: 29 angels waiting

Offline Ratlovingkippy06

• Posts Too Much!
  • Thats alright my rat thinks your groose too:)
    • Rat photos
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 01:03:49 AM »
 Because of the behavior change and weight loss we deicded to go with the medications. We have seen it before with 2 of my other rats, Apollo we didn't catch it and believed it was just a hurt leg and he paid with his life, i will not risk romeo's.  Sammy has always been a lower raking male, never would stand up to Romeo or Apollo. Now sammy is chasing Romeo and Romeo doesn't fight back but cries out. Its not normal he lost a good amount of weight going from 560s to 540.

Im going to fight it, i have Remy doing better and Romeo is a large healthy male who is a year old. I hope things turn out better.
R.I.P- Shadow, Apollo, Boo,Meka, Mandy, Remy, Kayla, Mia, Lexi, Sable, Romeo,Winstin, Sam, Missy  Annie,Selene, Leo, Juilet, Zeus Emma,Helen, Oreo, V, Troy, Hope, Beauty.