Author Topic: There's going to be babies...can anyone foster or adopt?? (Northern IL)  (Read 1323 times)

Offline *~Phoenix~*

• Posts Too Much!
So, one of my new ratties is starting to show a bit of a belly. Not sure if it's a baby-belly yet, or not. When I got her I was prepared and equipped to handle a litter.
Well, last night while on my meds, I must have left the cage door open that holds 5 of my girl rats... :doh:
I found one of them in with 7 of my boys ( :BangHead:), and the other 4 were in their cage. I'm *HOPING* that the other 4 didn't get out, and i'm *HOPING* that the one that did get out, isn't pregnant (i'm hoping for a miracle, basically... :-\).
Anyways. The one that got out, Destinee, is a b/w hooded, and the boys that she was with were b/w hoodeds.
I can handle 1 litter, but I can't handle 2, and there are no vets in my area who do e-spays.
So, IF both Bella and Destinee are pregnant, would someone be willing to foster Destinee and help adopt out her babies?? If not, is anyone interested in adopting any babies, being that I am fairly certain that at least one will be pregnant....Bella is I think a mismarked siamese, and I think she mated with an agouti berkshire...
If I have b/w hooded babies, I'm going to try and rehome them first, being that they are harder to rehome and as  a result I have 19 b/w hooded rats...
ANY help would be appreciated!!!!!!
Home of Daisie, Maizie, Bailie, Maci, Ebony, Kassadee, and Ivy (mice); Chico and Maggie (dogs); Smeagol, Mia (cats); Wildfire (horse); Sullivan (aka Sully) and Jakey (goats); Starlight, Starbright, and Esteban (fish)

Offline PnutLuv

• Posts Too Much!
    • SnoozieCubes
Re: There's going to be babies...can anyone foster or adopt?? (Northern IL)
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 08:17:53 AM »
If I had more rattie experience I'd say yes! I'm in N. Il too.....:(
But I've only had my 2 for 8 weeks, and I'm getting 3 more in just over a week. I don't know if I could handle a litter!

Offline kyrah888

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 04:15:31 PM »
Where in N IL are you located?

Offline *~Phoenix~*

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 10:56:34 PM »
Where in N IL are you located?

Round Lake...
Home of Daisie, Maizie, Bailie, Maci, Ebony, Kassadee, and Ivy (mice); Chico and Maggie (dogs); Smeagol, Mia (cats); Wildfire (horse); Sullivan (aka Sully) and Jakey (goats); Starlight, Starbright, and Esteban (fish)

Offline kyrah888

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2008, 08:49:05 AM »
I will send you a PM

Offline dim79

• Ritten
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2008, 11:19:04 AM »
Did they have babies and do you have pics I would be interested in taking some females.
Thanks

Offline apezaholic

• Ritten
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2008, 07:15:09 PM »
I'm interested in 2 males and in northern Illinois. If you could update when the litters are born, please let us see adorable pictures and the types and sexes.  :BlueDumboSmile:

Offline *~Phoenix~*

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2008, 02:51:45 PM »
I wound up only having 1 litter of 8 babies (well, 9, but we lost a little boy within a day  :-\)! And I'm either keeping them all, or rehoming just 2 girls (which already have a home lined up if I do decide not to keep them). Thank you though!!
Oh, and NONE were black and white hoodies!!