Author Topic: 2 females - S. WI/N. IL  (Read 1796 times)

Offline Topaz

• Posts Too Much!
2 females - S. WI/N. IL
« on: November 17, 2008, 08:39:40 PM »
We're helping out someone in bringing down their rat numbers.  They started with 2 males and 2 females from a local pet store, and the females were already pregnant, and they continued to get pregnant 2 more times.  I only took 3 right now because they're trying to decide which adults and babies they want to keep. I"ll be going back next week to get the rest of what they don't want.  I'm schooling them on the ABCs of proper rat care, and they honestly care, just don't have the education (thank you, ignorant pet store.)

The females are a bit flighty at first, but once they get to know you, they're pretty sweet and docile.  The male is very laid back.  These two are from the first litter born, and are only about 2 months old, yet about the size of 4 month olds  :o

The females, I don't remember their names but the lady said that they don't answer to their names anyways.

There will be a small adoption fee on these guys because of all the extra supplies, food, and time this situation is/will be costing us.  Next time I could be getting 2 moms and 3 litters.

email me at fuglyzombie_101@yahoo.com or pm here if interested.

p.s. There are still 4 baby girls left from Calypso's litter looking for a home!

Edited: Because photobucket kept getting pictures all mixed up
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 07:47:41 PM by Topaz »

Offline FirstRatCharlie

Re: 1 male, 2 females - S. WI/N. IL
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 09:35:32 PM »
Wow. I really wish I could. But I'm in Springfield. 

Offline Topaz

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 09:38:36 PM »
Wow. I really wish I could. But I'm in Springfield. 

Springfield, IL?  Transport can be worked out.  ;)

Offline Topaz

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 06:17:52 PM »
RATTY TRAIN available for anyone living in IL to get these guys into new homes!!  They will leave on Thursday, so speak now!

Offline Topaz

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008, 07:57:46 PM »
These guys are really coming out of their shells!  The females are still a little spooked by things, but they're getting used to the busy house hold, and might prefer a quieter home.  With lots of out time, and gentle handling, they're really coming around.  Junior, no the other hand, is an in-your-face type of guy.  He begs for food worse than our dogs and will push you around to get what he wants  :yelcutelaugh:  He's a big cuddle bug and needs a home with other males, as he LOVES rattie companionship (something he didn't have at his previous home.)  Some transport may be available, just ask!  :poke:

Offline Topaz

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2008, 10:05:24 PM »
I snapped some new pictures of the girls while they were (and still are,) running about gleefully.  They're really shown me tonight just how energetic and curious they both are.  

"Don't you want to take me home?"

"Please, I just want a home of my own!"

Offline Topaz

• Posts Too Much!
Re: 2 females - S. WI/N. IL
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 08:01:25 PM »
These girls have really flourished!  They are very bouncy little gals looking for a home that will let them out of the cage to run and bound.  They have come from being very skittish, and absolutely terrified of humans to "Let me out! I wantz to play!"  :yelcutelaugh:

Girl 1:

Girl 2:

Girl 2 is by far the most outgoing. Remember, they MUST stay together!!