Author Topic: FN fleece question  (Read 1434 times)

Offline Tathiela

FN fleece question
« on: December 22, 2008, 03:06:08 PM »
How do you all keep your fleece attathed and the critters from pulling it up in corners, chewing it, etc? I have clips of sort but they keep popping off! I can't imagine it's safe to have them popping off with the rats in there so I just removed the fleece, and clips entirely. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. ALSO, I bought a used FN, and the wheels wont attach for some reason, my husband says they're missing a piece?! What could they be missing? I don't want to take the wheels off the boys cage to find out, so if anyone knows what they could be missing and where I could find replacements I'd also be appreciative.

Pets name: Snurfle
Adopt your own!

Offline anita1216

• Forum Enabler
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Hanging out with the Fraggle Rat gang...
    • Fraggle Rats
Re: FN fleece question
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 03:17:42 PM »
My FN cage liners are made like pillowcases with velcro on the end to close it up. It works well for my nosey group. Have you tried contacting Midwest directly about getting replacement parts? They are usually quite helpful.

Offline HelloKatie

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 08:19:47 AM »
Anita, where'd you get your liners?

Offline majikbabygirl

• Proud Mama
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 08:39:10 AM »
The liners that I didnt have made are just tucked under and the boyz dont seem to bother it. When I got my FN i didnt bother with the wheels that came with it. I went to Home Depot and bought heavy duty casters. They worked great and I got four for like 4 bucks. They each hold up to 250lbs and they roll very easy. They ones that came with it are plastic and break very easy (my landlord had those same ones on his bird cage).
Marie
PS bought my liners from starsratrescue and I love them, on my 3rd set already lol
*~MeeMee~*        
*Pita*                  *Larry*         *Merlon*
*Coppers*            *Curly*         *Arthur*
*Peter*                *MoMo*        *EEny*
*Gabriel*              *Whiteout*    *Meeny*
>^..^<  <:3)~ <:3)~ <:3)~ <:3)~ <:3)~ <:3)~ <:3)~ <:3)~ <:3)~ <:3)~ <:3)~

Offline cheerio

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 09:40:28 AM »
I just cut and tuck my own fleece under my pans. My bad boys are naughty about everything else but digging under the liners. My babies in the bottom are little monsters and have figured out if they chew a hole in the corner, they can dig under the liner  ::). I try and keep it tucked down. For the top shelves I use tiny binder clips and make sure that they lay flat. There are a few areas with double pieces of metal (the small bars), that won't let it lie flat and might pop off. I used elastic attached to the top and sides of my liners, so they form like a cross and it's been great about keeping it anchored for the sides, and they can't really pull up the sides  :BlueDumboSmile:

Offline anita1216

• Forum Enabler
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Hanging out with the Fraggle Rat gang...
    • Fraggle Rats
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2008, 04:02:40 PM »
Anita, where'd you get your liners?

I have purchased them from people on this site and I also have a best friend with a mom that is absolutely wonderful with a sewing machine. :)

Offline Schrute

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
  • We create our own horror; animals have no choice.
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2008, 04:16:57 PM »
Sometimes, I purchase liners, but sometimes I just fold the fleece under the pan. Depends on my bank account, haha. :) I use clips, and haven't had a problem. What size clips do you use? You must use the extra-large clips, because anything smaller will pop off. I found mine at Office Depot. Hope that helps.