Author Topic: FN for $50?  (Read 490 times)

Offline Zhaolove

FN for $50?
« on: December 17, 2008, 12:14:32 AM »
I just found an FN 142 for 50 dollars on ebay. It's for pickup only and it's in my area. Two of my four boys are relatively small so i'm pretty sure I would have to mod it. Is it worth it? Or should I save up and buy a new CN? Thanks!

Offline JTO_

• Posts Too Much!
  • Got rats?
Re: FN for $50?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 12:15:53 AM »
If it is a FN no doubt, get it! 

Offline Heatherama

• Posts Too Much!
  • Empty
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 12:22:24 AM »
That is a GREAT price.....maybe a little TOO great.   :-\  I'd take a look at it before you committed to buy it.  It may be in great shape and the person just needs money for it fast...but you won't know until you see it.  Even with some damage, if it's something you can fix or clean up, it's worth it, definately.
"...Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned... ~ Tyler"

Offline Dearpie

• Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • When you're too open minded, brains fall out!
    • Dearpie Hammocks
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 09:55:31 AM »
If anything, you can probably sell it for more ... 

Offline Pink

• Posts Too Much!
    • Pink's Pretty Premades!
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2008, 10:56:15 AM »
I would buy it (assuming it is in decent condition), you can always modify it.  Once you cut the panels to size you can easily take them off and on as you adopt new rats, or as yours grow older.  The cost of modifying is about 50 or 60 dollars, a lot cheaper than a new CN.  I personally like having the larger bar space so I can pet them through the bars when I'm just passing the cage.

Pink