Author Topic: ~*~UPDATE~*~  (Read 4303 times)

Offline andie3131

• Posts Too Much!
  • Harley RIP
Re: ~*~UPDATE~*~
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2009, 12:27:09 AM »
yea!!!! Congratulations I hope you and your little ratties are happy now :).  By the way, not real sure on all the cages, which one is that?

Offline jjimenez113

• My seet lil blanqita
« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2009, 12:33:32 AM »
OMG i don't think happy is the word lol it is the SP exotics only $99 at petsmart. my two big girls have the hang of it already! my two baby girls are still checking things out but they do get to the second and third level just not the very very top one yet but i put the food and water where they can get to it.

Offline Lauren_22

• Posts Too Much!
  • "A house is not a home without a pet."
« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2009, 02:11:40 AM »
I think your girls are going to be so happy in that cage. I noticed you have one of those snack logs in the 2nd to last pic. Those actually are really bad for rats b/c they contain pine wood shavings and have the potential to mold. I would take it out before they eat too much of it.

Other than that it looks great! What bedding are you using? it looks like YN or Sunseed, both really good choices!

Congrats  :party:

Offline jjimenez113

• My seet lil blanqita
« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2009, 02:19:39 AM »
awwww really i didn't know they were bad for them! my big girls love them lol i think thats why i've never had any chewing problem. i got an off brand of yesterdays news. doesn't seem like my older girl peanut likes it, she keeps trying to get out and when i open up the new cage she trys going back in to her old cage? and she is being kinda mean to the baby ratties. she has seen them and sniffed them for a few hours a few times already but now that i have the new cage i wanted them all to go in together at once. should i take her out for the night and then back in she goes in the AM?

Offline Lauren_22

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2009, 02:27:18 AM »
As long as there is no serious fights i don't think it will be a problem. She might just be telling the little ones that she is the boss. You might try adding more hiding places for them to explore to keep them busy such as boxes w/ holes etc. They will eventually get used to it. It is probably a big change for them compared to their old cages and they need time to adjust.

Offline Ratty Krazy

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2009, 02:37:40 AM »
I just talked to her on AIM and it sounds pretty serious. I guess there is no blood YET but I guess the rat in question is really being mean and even gave one of the ratties a "haircut". She said that there has been fights with "almost blood drawn". I advised that she take the mean one out for the night since she won't be up to watch her. The mean one is twice the age, so prolly twicw the size of the others. I would hate to wake up to a horribley updated post tomorrow. I just thought for tonight its better to be safe then sorry
My rats think you are gross too!!
<:3)~  <:3)~  <:3)~  <:3)~  <:3)~

Offline Lauren_22

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2009, 02:41:50 AM »
If the fights were going to those types of extremes i would suggest the same thing. She didn't say how long she had been introducing them to one another. Maybe they need more "play dates" before being forced to live in the same cage. Did she end up taking the agressive one out? I wouldn't want to read that update either.

Offline Ratty Krazy

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2009, 02:49:19 AM »
Yes, she said she was gonna take Peanut out (the meaner one). I asked if she did intros and she said she did a couple of playdates for a couple of hours and Peanut was pushy them also, just not this bad
My rats think you are gross too!!
<:3)~  <:3)~  <:3)~  <:3)~  <:3)~

Offline jjimenez113

• My seet lil blanqita
« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2009, 02:00:58 PM »
I did end up putting peanut in the babies 10 gal and left a little of their bedding in with her so that she could learn their smell. i put her back in the cage when i got up and so far she is being nice she only took one little nip at each of them lol as to say im still here and went on her way. she is not being "mean" she is just being bossy! the babies are not the only thing that is on her mind most of the time  she sees them and goes right past but sometimes she stops to poke at them.ill be watching her all day i have both the doors open and the cage sits right next to my desk to i can keep a very good eye on them.
other then that the babies seem to be doing good they can get around very well i was worried about that. everyone knows where the food and water is at and i also picked up a few baby fleece blankets that i cut up and put in there for blankets and hamocks i still am waiting for my 10 pc cage set to get here once that does my cage will rock lol.

Offline Lauren_22

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2009, 02:06:29 PM »
Glad to hear they are doing better! Be sure to post pics when the cage is all decked out!

Offline Eugooglizer

• Posts Too Much!
  • Everything's got a moral, if only you can find it
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2009, 02:21:00 PM »
I'm so glad you were able to get your new cage!  Hopefully once Peanut feels comfortable that she is the "boss" they will all get along!

Offline DazzleMe

• Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Show Up For Life
    • Dazzle Me Rattery
« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2009, 01:30:13 AM »
Looks good :) I'm glad you were able to get it all set up. I know the girls will totally love having all that space and ventilation. I think that will help out with any issue that Blanca is having (along with the meds). Keep up the meds, caring for the girls, set up your vet fund and you should be set.

It was nice meeting you and your family on Saturday! I knew Petsmart only stocks one or two of those at a time. They kinda have it tucked back there in the Ferret and Rabbit stuff.

-Melina
-Melina & Crew

Offline busyyarn

• Dewey Decimal
Re: cheap source of FLEECE~*~UPDATE~*~
« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2009, 01:57:32 PM »
Hi, I've gone to the thrift stores and bought some fleece tops on sale.  Friday was the jackpot; got 2 shirts for $1.