Author Topic: Critter Nation pics! Everybody post your CNs here!  (Read 829831 times)

Offline Schrute

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
  • We create our own horror; animals have no choice.
Re: Critter Nation pics! Everybody post your CNs here!
« Reply #100 on: January 11, 2009, 11:03:22 AM »
TOP:

BOTTOM:

Offline Addicted2Rats

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
  • The *original* Addicted2Ratsİ
« Reply #101 on: January 11, 2009, 11:12:12 AM »
First off, your babies are soooooo cute, Schrute!!  And I love how colorful your cage is.  :)  One thing I wanted to ask, have you tried lifting up the ladder and latching it yet?  I tried to do that the other day and it was nearly impossible to get the hook to catch on to the side of the ladder.  :(  Good job with the cage!!   :thumbsup2:  How do you like it so far?

Deb

Offline Schrute

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
« Reply #102 on: January 11, 2009, 11:17:30 AM »
Thank you! ;D

As far as the cage, I adore it, and so do my girls! They like the steep ramps, too... they like to climb verically, I've noticed (as opposed to the boys in the FN, who want the ramps to be as horizontal as possible so they can be as lazy as possible, haha!). I actually haven't tried the locking ramp yet. I just put everyone in the Martin's pen when I clean so I've never had to worry about it. I tried to use the locking ramp with my FN, and it was such a pain. I think it's because I have the opening in the front of the cage, as opposed to in the back of the cage, so it's harder to latch. But I personally really prefer the opening to be in the front... I like watching them waddle up the ramp when I open up the top of the cage, lol...

Offline andie3131

• Posts Too Much!
  • Harley RIP
« Reply #103 on: January 11, 2009, 11:58:11 AM »
First off, your babies are soooooo cute, Schrute!!  And I love how colorful your cage is.  :)  One thing I wanted to ask, have you tried lifting up the ladder and latching it yet?  I tried to do that the other day and it was nearly impossible to get the hook to catch on to the side of the ladder.  :(  Good job with the cage!!   :thumbsup2:  How do you like it so far?

Deb

I tried lifting the ladder up and latching it but wasn't able to either.  I thought it was just me not being able to do it with one arm and all.

Offline Addicted2Rats

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
« Reply #104 on: January 11, 2009, 12:09:04 PM »
I think its because the hook they're using is intended for latching it at the end of the ramp on the FN.  This hook needs to be a bit bigger so that it can catch on to the side of the ramp for the CN.

Schrute - I have my opening in the front too, for the very same reason.   :wink5:

Deb

Offline zelle

« Reply #105 on: January 11, 2009, 12:41:23 PM »
First off, your babies are soooooo cute, Schrute!!  And I love how colorful your cage is.  :)  One thing I wanted to ask, have you tried lifting up the ladder and latching it yet?  I tried to do that the other day and it was nearly impossible to get the hook to catch on to the side of the ladder.  :(  Good job with the cage!!   :thumbsup2:  How do you like it so far?

Deb

I had a problem with this as well until my husband came over and did it for me. You just need to pull the hook forward as far as it will go and latch it towards the bottom of the ladder. It works easier this way. Yay husband!
The Fur kids:
Rats- Pixel, Pandora, Penny and Notch
Cockatiels- Oreo and Rosie

Playing on the Rainbow Bridge: Asuka, Picassa, Squishy and Peanut

Offline Pterodactyl

« Reply #106 on: January 11, 2009, 12:58:07 PM »
http://flickr.com/photos/64659274@N00/3133855624/

It's a bit different now.  I threw the little wooden ball by the igloo and the cube away and the canoe is out.  I got a pastel blue corner litter pan with carefresh in the back corner on the shelf.  I'm not using the wood hides.  There's some stuff from my Secret Santa in there.  Most of the stuff is in the same place but I rearranged it.

Offline Schrute

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
« Reply #107 on: January 11, 2009, 01:06:21 PM »
I like all of the bedding and accessories! I love cages with a lot of hammocks, they look sooo comfortable!

Offline TankGirl9008

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #108 on: January 11, 2009, 02:33:43 PM »
I love your Legos!!!!!!!!!! I really need to get some! Legos and Lincoln logs...lol
Owned by one cat, Sable 19 years

Offline Cryllin_Myrrh

• Posts Too Much!
  • Im exhausted from living up to your expectations..
« Reply #109 on: January 11, 2009, 07:04:54 PM »
Ahhh I'm so jealous of you all and your two level CN's!!! Theres just no way I could get one any time soon  :puppy_dog_eyes:  I have no money, and no job (and no way to get to one anyway), and my parents are just as broke as I am.

I'm dealing with my Exotic though. I took out all the shelves (got sick of the little rivers of pee :confused: yick) and now I have just as many hammocks as I have time to hand sew! Though even that's difficult - we're working on moving too, so everything's in storage/packed. My cage is so empty  :-[

*is green with envy of you all* :P

Offline ⚡⚡DrachenDame⚡⚡

• Posts Too Much!
  • Fur, and Scales, and Scorpion Tails.
« Reply #110 on: January 11, 2009, 07:31:05 PM »
I'm so excited my 161 should be delivered this week or the next. I'm going to head over to Goodwill to find some baby toys for my rats. I've seen some great little people's garages and other such things on this forum and others, and I'm just dying for something like that!
Some people think the best way to protect animal life is to make scientists fear for theirs. Support the Foundation for Biomedical Research.

Offline tristan

« Reply #111 on: January 11, 2009, 11:17:46 PM »
My CN is on the way  :hyper:

Offline JuliesZoo74

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #112 on: January 12, 2009, 09:30:10 PM »
Here's mine after cleaning tonight!

Offline vintagerat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #113 on: January 12, 2009, 10:06:14 PM »
Here is the CN from just the other day. Soon it will only house Spice and her 6 girls, as the 4 boys are getting separated tomorrow.

I'll throw in a cute one of Tubby Tucker  ;D...

Offline Emymoo

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #114 on: January 12, 2009, 11:11:48 PM »
So I got my CN today around 5, set it up with the help of my stepdad, and now its all decorated in my room(can't find camera cord to upload pictures)

People are going to think I'm crazy for saying this, but I think I liked my SP Multi levle better :-[

My girls(and boy) LOVE to climb and after getting my CN all set up and decorated, I think the SP gave them more toom to do that....
*sigh* hopefully tomorrow I'll like it more, because right now I'm feeling a bit guilty for taking away climbing room for them :-\
The dogs: Sara and Lola. The kitties: Emy and Molly
Rest in peace my sweeties
 Bella, Riley, Fuzz, Juno and Frederick <3

Offline britters

• yellowseptember
« Reply #115 on: January 12, 2009, 11:47:34 PM »
I can't wait to decorate mine. It comes tomorrow.

Ratties: Ivory, Corky, Pipsqueak.
R.I.P boys: Mr. Jones, Ludo, Rocco.

Ratties: Ivory, Corky, Pipsqueak.
R.I.P boys: Mr. Jones, Ludo, Rocco.

Offline evilhobbitgirl

• Posts Too Much!
  • ratless
« Reply #116 on: January 13, 2009, 10:02:19 PM »
Quick CN question... Would 4 boys fit comfortably in this without fighting for space? I only have two now but I want to plan for the future. My cage right now is 30l x 18d x 33h and the cage calc says it can fit 5 but I will definitely want a new cage when I get money and move into my new apartment next year (this current one was bought used and is a bit flimsy with small doors and a slide-out pan). I think the pictures make me think it's smaller than it actually is.. Thanks for the info!

Offline Addicted2Rats

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
« Reply #117 on: January 13, 2009, 10:39:39 PM »
If you're talking about getting the one-level CN, I believe that 5 male rats would be okay in it.  I've heard some people say that you can even put six in there but I think that's making it kind of tight.  Boys need room to get away from each other sometimes, y'know?   :wink5:

Deb

Offline evilhobbitgirl

• Posts Too Much!
  • ratless
« Reply #118 on: January 13, 2009, 10:43:12 PM »
 :doh: Yes! I meant a 1 level. I'm debating between that and an R-695. This thread made me veer toward the CN!! I'd have 4 boys tops.

Offline kady05

« Reply #119 on: January 14, 2009, 09:27:16 AM »
:doh: Yes! I meant a 1 level. I'm debating between that and an R-695. This thread made me veer toward the CN!! I'd have 4 boys tops.

I have 4 boys in my 1 level currently. They're all fairly big (haven't weighed them in awhile though, but my 27 month old is 1lb. last time I checked), and it's a great size for them. I wouldn't have an issue adding one more to the mix space wise, but my limit is 4.
-Kady

Offline Lauren_22

• Posts Too Much!
  • "A house is not a home without a pet."
« Reply #120 on: January 14, 2009, 11:14:57 PM »
I cleaned and rearranged mine today. I kinda went all pink on this one.

Whole cage

Bottom

Morgan in the new tube

Jade enjoying the "basket o' scraps"

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
  • My name is Grace, not Penny! ;)
« Reply #121 on: January 14, 2009, 11:44:22 PM »
Lauren_22 - Penny LOVES it when I leave a basket of scraps out ;)
I have that same plastic basket with oval holes in it, but in purply blue :) She's widened all the holes.
I am ratless. Someday I will own rats again.

Rats across the Bridge: Penny, Heidi, Jerry, Teddy, Lucy, Sophie, Silhouette, Jupiter, Ozy, and Rorschach. I love you all and hope we will someday meet again. :heart:

Offline Heatherama

• Posts Too Much!
  • Empty
« Reply #122 on: January 14, 2009, 11:46:59 PM »
I have TONS of scraps.  I need to go through and see what I can braid and what just needs to be cut up for some soft stuff to drag around and piddle on.  I wish someone on here lived closer to me cause braiding those things just kills my hands.   :-\
"...Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned... ~ Tyler"

Offline Tane

• Iv a family of 7 rats, 4 pets 2 daughters and a BF
« Reply #123 on: January 15, 2009, 12:12:57 AM »
Hey, i have a standard wire cage and my rats like it, (well the dont seem to dislike it) but in all the cages i have seen, everyone has cloth as their bases, i have "breeders choice"cat litter, (recycled newspapper pellets).  there is nothing wrong with this litter, i just surprised to see so many ppl with cloth as their bases, is this any easier to keep clean? and how do u keep ur ratties poop trained? i see  u all have little litter boxes, i have tried a litter box, putting all my boys poop in the "litter box" but they dont seem to "get" it. My oldest boy Hoodinni (4mths old) actually jumped into the tray and started eating a pice of poo. :doh:. whats with that?? idk if he ate it all or was just seeing what it was, but should i just keep at it, and if im using pellets for the base of their cage what do i put in the litter tray??  :-\

Offline Lauren_22

• Posts Too Much!
  • "A house is not a home without a pet."
« Reply #124 on: January 15, 2009, 12:26:03 AM »
There isn't really a trick to litter training, they just pick it up. My girls normally poop in their litter boxes at the end of the ramps, but they occasionally do it outside of it. I find poops in their hammocks, tube and in the wheel. I am just consistent w/ keeping it up off the floor and putting it in the litter box.

I also use a handheld vac 1-2 times a day to pick up any litter/poops that are laying around and that helps keep the cage clean. I find cloth bedding to be cheaper for me personally. When its dirty i wash it, and can reuse it. Using all bedding, you have to clean it out a few times a week and throw it away and use more. With the particular cage i have, bedding everywhere is not an option b/c the pans are way too shallow and it would just be thrown on the floor.